Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Give genuine contributors something different (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=109947)

gyco 06-05-2014 04:01 AM

Give genuine contributors something different

You know what I mean. Members that have been here a while and add content to entertain the rest of us, not just use LL as yet another podium to push their agenda. They stand above the recruited YouTube hacks that get a Premium star from day 1 and flood the front page.

I've seen it mentioned in these forums that Premium mentorship can't be bought, so that leaves me and many others wondering, how exactly does a new user with 1 upload get to be a Premium member within hours?

zero-g 06-05-2014 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gyco (Post 2011020)

I've seen it mentioned in these forums that Premium mentorship can't be bought, so that leaves me and many others wondering, how exactly does a new user with 1 upload get to be a Premium member within hours?

Hmmmm :wtfh:

Attachment 128561

Just a thought :wink:

john1054 06-05-2014 11:35 AM

I presume this is about shoenice. The Premium membership makes perfect sense because:

1. He makes his own vids.

2. He gets views.

I've watched two or three of shoenice's videos. He's not my cup of tea. But I don't understand all the hate directed toward him. His red star is no skin off my nose nor anybody else's.

john1054 06-05-2014 11:41 AM

Something else. There is a very real hate campaign against shoenice. Somebody forwarded me a link to a YouTube vid supposedly by him. I'm pretty sure it was a forgery done with somebody dubbing their voice into one of his vids, making it sound like he was bragging about getting some underage kids drunk or something. The guy who forwarded the link thought it was real and wanted shoenice run off the site. I told him not to worry about the guy.

I expect shoenice is going to continue catch it hard here on liveleak and I won't be surprised if some member goes after him irl as well.

gyco 06-05-2014 01:20 PM

Not just that muppet, I've noticed quite a few new users (one day old account) with a star and a single item that was only just added and has stuff all views. Even new premium users with several items are mostly just recycled from Youtube.

I know Premium memberships are organized for these users, regardless of their contribution to LL, which just seems a little off to me. Make them earn it, don't have it waiting for their arrival from YT.

Private-Parts 06-05-2014 01:45 PM

They never gave ME premium member thingy... :whine:

gyco 06-05-2014 01:52 PM

Perfect example right there. You've been here 7 years, have added over 1200 items, half of which have been featured and have over 33 million views.

Any reason why another user that has been here 1 day with 1 item added deserves a premium membership over you?

the demon 06-05-2014 01:56 PM

then explain my 240 features, a feature almost everyday. Then i stopped uploading, needed a break, ended up taking a very long break. But, i never paid a thing. Never sucked a moderators dick or anything. Never had that little red star everyone seems to find so important.

I uploaded live recent raw vids that was in the news, current events ect.. There was a high demand for it. So naturally.....

I think some users just upload "real shit" then see other "shit" and wonder why the "other shit" isn't as important as "their shit". Must be the red star. Damn that red star.

Private-Parts 06-05-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyco (Post 2011277)
Perfect example right there. You've been here 7 years, have added over 1200 items, half of which have been featured and have over 33 million views.

Any reason why another user that has been here 1 day with 1 item added deserves a premium membership over you?

It's because the boss has this thing against us Finns. He spends his days Finn-bashing. Our misery and despair gives him evil, perverted joy...:nerves::whine:

gyco 06-05-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the demon (Post 2011279)
Never had that little red star everyone seems to find so important.

It's the idea that a Premium memberships can no longer be paid for (or so Hayden says) and is given to those that make a real contribution to the site. Obviously that's a load of shit for the above mentioned reasons

Quote:

I uploaded live recent raw vids that was in the news, current events ect.. There was a high demand for it.
And here I was thinking that's what LL was all about, but I was wrong. It's actually about shitting out dollar bills or going around with a camera provoking a reaction from people to make a point.