Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   On Topic Discussion (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   What would you Replace Money With? (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=92899)

seanjo 05-25-2012 11:27 AM

What would you Replace Money With?

Simple question, real answers please this is on topic discussion.

I hear it and see it all of the time, the loathing of money, but what could replace it?

Kirk_James-T 05-25-2012 01:23 PM

Sex ! !

o0Tao0o 05-25-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanjo (Post 1542226)
Simple question, real answers please this is on topic discussion.

I hear it and see it all of the time, the loathing of money, but what could replace it?

Sorry I don't have an idea for a replacement, because i think that its not money that is the problem. The problem is Usury.

It doesn't matter what you use as a currency, if people can lend you a dollar / bottlecap / berry or whatever you want to use, and legally expect you to pay back more than you borrowed, it will always bring out the worst in people, and make people who need it most, suffer most.

seanjo 05-25-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0Tao0o (Post 1542295)
Sorry I don't have an idea for a replacement, because i think that its not money that is the problem. The problem is Usury.

It doesn't matter what you use as a currency, if people can lend you a dollar / bottlecap / berry or whatever you want to use, and legally expect you to pay back more than you borrowed, it will always bring out the worst in people, and make people who need it most, suffer most.

So you don't believe in credit?

gambino316 05-25-2012 02:17 PM

Some type of object made of metal. Like a small circle shaped metal fragment. But with a number engraved on it, to indicate the metal objects worth.

l8rm8e 05-25-2012 03:45 PM

Earned respect and due recognition.

That is all.

lipskip 05-25-2012 03:47 PM

Wampum.

Or food.

Water depending on the conditions.

Labor of some sort.

Skwint_hed 05-25-2012 03:48 PM

Wompuss jism.

YWAHW 05-25-2012 04:05 PM

Haven't really seen people talk about replacing the currency system. Seen people mention different tweaks to it, such as how it's value is derived (backed by gold) or which currency should be the reserve currency. The only true replacements for the currency system would be either to back peddle to a pure barter system or consider private ownership null and void, all known resources would have to belong and be put to use for the benefit of everyone. Therefore there wouldn't be a need for individuals to engage in trade.

Rie60 05-25-2012 04:06 PM

Beef- what good is money or gold? Can't eat it- too soft for protection and too scarce for building anything constructive...now beef...You can eat it or wear it for protection...Beef is actually the worlds richest commodity- You can eat the meat- milk it, wear the hide (or build a structure with it) the hoofs can be used for multiple things- plentiful, self propagating, gentle- The perfect species.