Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Firearms (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Reloading (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=51540)

SHUTUPANDTHINK 03-23-2009 02:36 AM

Reloading

For all those that reload or would like to know how. All knowledge is welcome.

I'm rather new to reloading, it's only been a few years now, up to now it has just been one caliber (.303 British) with a Lee hand loader, which is great because it only neck sizes. I have just recently got my first press, a RCBS Rock Chucker. I have not had the chance to use it yet because the first caliber I want to reload for is 7.5 X 55 Swiss. I need to get a set of dies and a book with 7.5 X 55 loading data. I look forward to feeding my K-31 with home cooked brass and copper.

SHUTUPANDTHINK 03-24-2009 02:57 AM

Evolution of the Bullet.

Guvnor 03-24-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK (Post 463207)
Evolution of the Bullet.

Speaking of reloading, I see youre in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. Did they ever get around to the ammo microstamping there? It did pass right?

SHUTUPANDTHINK 03-24-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guvnor (Post 463309)
Speaking of reloading, I see youre in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. Did they ever get around to the ammo microstamping there? It did pass right?

My understanding is that it is suppose to start in 2010, but there is doubt it is possible. Apparently they want to laser etch the firing pin and the bolt face or chamber on new semi-autos so it will leave the firearm's serial number on the brass and primer. The problem being brass can be collected at a firing range and then planted at a crime scene, plus it cost's a lot of money. I hate California gun policies.:grr:

Guvnor 03-24-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK (Post 463322)
My understanding is that it is suppose to start in 2010, but there is doubt it is possible. Apparently they want to laser etch the firing pin and the bolt face or chamber on new semi-autos so it will leave the firearm's serial number on the brass and primer. The problem being brass can be collected at a firing range and then planted at a crime scene, plus it cost's a lot of money. I hate California gun policies.:grr:

Not to mention you can swap out the firing pin, and size and cost of this is just enormous and apparently the technology is extremely unreliable. We have a system here in MD where an expended shell casing is sent to the state police. However, the cost is so high to run the system every shell casing just sits in a huge room, never entered into any system. The law has been this way for years, and only helped solve one murder. Anyway, it looks like things may start to get worse in CA. Apparently those officers in Oakland were shot with an Ak-47. I read this outrageous article a little bit earlier http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAVF16LQ9U.DTL

SHUTUPANDTHINK 03-25-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guvnor (Post 463616)
Not to mention you can swap out the firing pin, and size and cost of this is just enormous and apparently the technology is extremely unreliable. We have a system here in MD where an expended shell casing is sent to the state police. However, the cost is so high to run the system every shell casing just sits in a huge room, never entered into any system. The law has been this way for years, and only helped solve one murder. Anyway, it looks like things may start to get worse in CA. Apparently those officers in Oakland were shot with an Ak-47. I read this outrageous article a little bit earlier http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAVF16LQ9U.DTL

Yeah I heard about those cops, RIP:sad:. I heard he used 2 different guns, one at the initial traffic stop and then another at the apartment complex he was hiding at. When are politicians going to wake up and see no amount of laws are going to stop criminals from getting weapons, simply because they are willing to break the law. The real problem in this situation is that he was released from incarceration and allowed to roam free, probably because of the prison overpopulation in this state caused mostly by petty drug charges.:shifty:

HK13 04-16-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guvnor (Post 463309)

Missouri dam sure passed it.

ubdumb 04-20-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK (Post 463322)

I see many problems with the law also but you have to remember if these people actually new anything about weapons or had fired a few firearms then they would be on our side of the issue.
There is a law being offered in some states I think this is the one you are talking about something about the ammo being etched with identifying marks that would identify the owner even before firing. Wasn't that interested in it. It did state that all non etched ammo would have to be destroyed by 2011.
I am not nor have I been a criminal but I have stock piled reloading componets and powder as well as primers. I now have dies and componets for all my rifles and handguns.
I have even stocked up on shotgun ammo.
Maybe this to shall fade away but there is talk about an assault weapons ban.
With all this talk now maybe gun owners even those that are life long democrats will wake up and we will replace these anti-gun politicians soon.

symphonyofdestruction 04-22-2009 03:18 PM

reloaders read this

http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/treaties/a-63.html

I know it's lengthy but I think it is important to see how the goverment is backdooring here.

Keep your powder dry guys.

faurkbeans 05-07-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK13 (Post 488823)
Missouri dam sure passed it.

Your joking right?