Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Motoring (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   My Latest Project (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=115323)

twright55 07-04-2015 04:33 PM

My Latest Project
 
1 Attachment(s)
Nice original car that is usable as is. But the engine (440 Chrysler) needs a little warming over ;) I'm going to shoot for about 450hp (500hp is easily attainable with these motors, but I want to keep it civilized ;) )

Sweetmama2185 07-04-2015 04:47 PM

Nice!

tarnoch 07-04-2015 05:00 PM

what is that? a Saab?

dan123 07-04-2015 05:05 PM

Be prepared for horrendous wind noise, induction noise, whistles from the wipers and wipers that won't stay on the screen at speed.

Nice though, I'd love one.

Tinbuk3 07-04-2015 05:07 PM

See if you can get the license plate to look like buck teeth. ;)
Just mess'n with you, hope it serves you well.:)

twright55 07-04-2015 06:11 PM

For those who don't know what it is:
It's a 1972 Jensen Interceptor.
It was made near Birmingham, England by Jensen Motors company; body designed by Carrozzeria Touring in Milan, Italy; and powered by some Detroit muscle in the form of a Chrysler 440 v8.
These cars when new were almost as expensive as an Aston Martin. Even the headliner is all leather. All hand built and they only put out about 600 cars a year.

DontTreadOnMe2 07-04-2015 06:14 PM

What the hell is it... with a 440? original? Man - I am a car guy but I don't recognize it...

You stumped me...
EDIT:

Ah,, . of course - I don't know why I didn't recognize it.. I recently looked it up when I was looking for the the Mad Max stuff...

Nice ...

twright55 07-04-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan123 (Post 2155433)
Be prepared for horrendous wind noise, induction noise, whistles from the wipers and wipers that won't stay on the screen at speed.

Nice though, I'd love one.

I've already driven it on one of Florida's famous torrential downpours, and yes, the wipers are almost worthless!!! lol! But to be fair, most older cars from the 70's on down have worthless wiper systems compared to modern cars.

twright55 07-04-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe2 (Post 2155447)
What the hell is it... with a 440? original? Man - I am a car guy but I don't recognize it...

You stumped me...

Yes, the 440 is original. The Jensen brothers built bodies for many famous cars (the Subeam Tiger, Austin Healey 3000, Volvo P1800) but they also built a very few of their own cars. They were too small a company to build their own engines, so they outsourced those and often used Chrysler v8s.

DontTreadOnMe2 07-04-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twright55 (Post 2155451)
Yes, the 440 is original. The Jensen brothers built bodies for many famous cars (the Subeam Tiger, Austin Healey 3000, Volvo P1800) but they also built a very few of their own cars. They were too small a company to build their own engines, so they outsourced those and often used Chrysler v8s.

Did they do a Bugeye Sprit as well?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:27 AM.