Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (
-   In Memoriam - Pets (
-   -   Douglas and Peaches 5/31/2000-9/12/2011 (

justpeachy 09-12-2011 08:28 PM

Douglas and Peaches 5/31/2000-9/12/2011
2 Attachment(s)
My two awesome cats Douglas and Peaches left this rock today. They went out together just as they entered the world. They weren't sick, they didn't get hit by a car...they were just pawns in my ex-husband's cruel mind game, victims of circumstance.
*bastard didn't even give me or the boys a chance to say goodbye...he told them they were dead when he picked them up from school today...

My eldest son (16 now)and I adopted these two back in 2000. We were at his t-ball game and family had brought a milk crate with 6 kittens who needed homes. After the game there were two kittens left, a runty calico and an all-white (except for 2 little light gray spots on his head) kitten. My son said we couldn't leave one behind so we took em both home. My son insisted on naming them. The calico became Peaches (and my user namesake) and the white one became Douglas (I have no idea where he came up with that name).

We've had 11 great years with those cats. Peaches laid on my ever expanding belly during my entire pregnancy with my youngest (now 6). Douglas will always be known as "Captain Dougie-doodle 'The Great White Moth Hunter' (he was always a big wuss until it came to moths...then he'd turn into super cat).

My boys and I are going to miss them so much....I'm just glad they are together.

lipskip 09-12-2011 08:33 PM

Your ex just took your cats and had them put down?

That's horrible. I'm very sorry for you and your boy's loss. Your ex sounds like a man desperately in need of an ass kicking.

dad61 09-12-2011 08:48 PM

Didn't you tell me once that he was a cop? If that's true, I'm not surprised, power trippin muther fuckers:mad:

Sorry for you guys loss.:(

IUSAI 09-12-2011 09:06 PM

Awww Peach, I'm sorry both you and your boys are dealing with someone so hurtful and vindictive. The boys and yourself deserved better, so did Douglas and Peaches.

nicoal2 09-12-2011 09:48 PM

I'm sorry, peachy. Your poor boys! I hope karma gets your ex.

Smudgen 09-12-2011 09:54 PM

Absolutely disgusting.
You told me along with others what was going on ... I just thought there was another way to handle the furry ones than this shit.
What a fuckhole.

Rip furry ones.

sunrise60 09-12-2011 11:20 PM

Heartless. I think your ex will suffer the most as he disintegrates to lowest of low status in your son's eyes. I know that's no real comfort, but hopefully its justice.

HossDP 09-12-2011 11:46 PM

How horrid, I'm sorry for your loss.

tarnoch 09-12-2011 11:48 PM

:mad:He did what

justpeachy 09-13-2011 02:11 AM

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone. Today has been a rough day...just finished a phone call with the little one crying and asking who was going to 'hum' (purr for you sick ones) him to sleep. My 16yo wants to know how he did it (all his father will say is that it wasn't a Vet) and is very upset he has nothing to bury. My heart breaks for them.