Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Political thought / philosophy (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   A nuclear WWIII will never happen. Dishonor will prevent it. (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=120351)

Greatest I am 10-11-2017 11:52 PM

A nuclear WWIII will never happen. Dishonor will prevent it.

Wars are fought for honor and a nuclear WWII would have nothing but shame for the initiator of such a war.

Our leaders know that there would be no honor in a nuclear war that would destroy our environment and insure that there is no real winner. Any leader or military war machine under his command that would initiate such a war would know dishonor like the world has never seen. The hate for Hitler and his regime and ideology is still alive and well in the world and that hate would be dwarfed by the hate that the initiator of a third WWIII would feel from the world.

The main reason for that hate and denial of honor would stem from the fact that any nuclear war would be fought against cities and their citizen instead of having an honorable battlefield war. No leader or military force will dishonor itself the way the U.S. did in Japan. Honor in war comes from facing an enemy man to man and our technology has now made that impossible. There is no honor in killing innocent non-combatant citizens in their beds from thousands of miles away. Ordinary people know this and so do their leaders and military.

Mutual assured destruction says that any nuclear war will be self-genocide. Some who do not know why wars are fought, and honor sought, may think some leaders are foolish enough to initiate a nuclear war but forget that no high ranking military man, especially of Asian descent, would ever dishonor himself and his family by initiating such a war. Such a man of honor would never initiate such a dishonorable war. A man of honor would know though that he would not be doing his duty if he did not retaliate. Reciprocity is fair play and is honorable and duty and honor would force a reciprocal reply.

Do you understand the psychological principles at play shown above and do you agree?

Regards
DL

gerryowen 10-12-2017 12:00 AM

Crap, what am I gonna do with all these MRE's??

Greatest I am 10-12-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerryowen (Post 2291677)
Crap, what am I gonna do with all these MRE's??

Use them to retaliate in case the other side is insane.

Thanks for opining.

Regards
DL

BurntBulb 10-12-2017 05:36 AM

'War is armed robbery writ large.'
Honor is an artifice to justify violence, but only if won.
There is no honor in defeat.
MAD ignores other nations that have the Bomb, because of the historical ability of 2 nations to destroy most all life, not just human life.
But MAD is not viable anymore, since there is no longer 'parity' between these 2 nations.
Your premise that the so-called 'Asian' leader wouldn't use the bomb, is a racist and cultural bias that history doesn't show, and modern times belie.

Greatest I am 10-12-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurntBulb (Post 2291697)
'War is armed robbery writ large.'
Honor is an artifice to justify violence, but only if won.
There is no honor in defeat.
MAD ignores other nations that have the Bomb, because of the historical ability of 2 nations to destroy most all life, not just human life.
But MAD is not viable anymore, since there is no longer 'parity' between these 2 nations.
Your premise that the so-called 'Asian' leader wouldn't use the bomb, is a racist and cultural bias that history doesn't show, and modern times belie.

It is a cultural bias, yes, but not racist. It shows the respect due them.

That positive bias and respect for the honor that Asians show, all should have.

Regards
DL

Paul Parnitzke 10-12-2017 07:13 PM

"Dishonor" will not prevent it from happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291676)

Wars are fought for honor and a nuclear WWII would have nothing but shame for the initiator of such a war.

Our leaders know that there would be no honor in a nuclear war that would destroy our environment and insure that there is no real winner. Any leader or military war machine under his command that would initiate such a war would know dishonor like the world has never seen. The hate for Hitler and his regime and ideology is still alive and well in the world and that hate would be dwarfed by the hate that the initiator of a third WWIII would feel from the world.

The main reason for that hate and denial of honor would stem from the fact that any nuclear war would be fought against cities and their citizen instead of having an honorable battlefield war. No leader or military force will dishonor itself the way the U.S. did in Japan. Honor in war comes from facing an enemy man to man and our technology has now made that impossible. There is no honor in killing innocent non-combatant citizens in their beds from thousands of miles away. Ordinary people know this and so do their leaders and military.

Mutual assured destruction says that any nuclear war will be self-genocide. Some who do not know why wars are fought, and honor sought, may think some leaders are foolish enough to initiate a nuclear war but forget that no high ranking military man, especially of Asian descent, would ever dishonor himself and his family by initiating such a war. Such a man of honor would never initiate such a dishonorable war. A man of honor would know though that he would not be doing his duty if he did not retaliate. Reciprocity is fair play and is honorable and duty and honor would force a reciprocal reply.

Do you understand the psychological principles at play shown above and do you agree?

Regards
DL

No.
"Dishonor" alone will not prevent a nuclear WWIII from happening.
Only a much higher consciousness all within our own world leaders
can actually possibly prevent it.
See:
http://forums.liveleak.com/showpost....3&postcount=20
I do hope for the best, but I also prepare for the worst, or to the extent that I am able.
Human Nature and Human Psychology can only be changed from within one's own self!

adaptoman 10-12-2017 11:05 PM

Oh please
99.999% of people on this planet are slightly evolved rock apes still functioning emotionally on a lizard brain that processes Anger/attack, Fear, revenge, pride and greed
Honor, shame and empathy are way down the Line and are only even contemplated if his belly is full and his dick is limp

3rd3y3 10-13-2017 12:05 AM

you place too much trust with those in the power with innocence

radgy 10-13-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 (Post 2291763)

Way too much

radgy 10-13-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaptoman (Post 2291756)
Oh please
99.999% of people on this planet are slightly evolved rock apes still functioning emotionally on a lizard brain that processes Anger/attack, Fear, revenge, pride and greed
Honor, shame and empathy are way down the Line and are only even contemplated if his belly is full and his dick is limp

Yup,the sex drive is stronger than any other

3rd3y3 10-13-2017 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radgy (Post 2291766)
Way too much

dude, i forsee some old asshole whit his finger on the button is gonna blow up the whole damn solar system within our lifetime.

ya, might as well better get right with your maker, now

3rd3y3 10-13-2017 12:45 AM

and if it isn't a a big bang,

as your attorney, i'll advise you, we will go out with mutually assured mutations

ericredbeard 10-13-2017 07:28 AM

LOL at the idea that honor will prevent war of any kind. The concept of honor has been used to justify all the acts of war (including starting one) since war became organized beyond the level of one clan of cavemen pillaging another clan's cave.

It is easy to set undisciplined criminals on a murderous rampage, but that kind of violence is inadequate in the face of violent murderous rampage applied tactically and strategically by intelligent, disciplined individuals willing to put their own lives in danger for a cause greater than themselves and their own desires. In order to encourage people who are otherwise decent, disciplined and constructive to apply this destructive murderous rampage through themselves with their utmost energy and dedication in strategic and tactical fashion, no other motivation is as effective as appeals to "honor". No man wanting to call himself "good" can turn his back on "honor". Honor is a lever to exhort or shame people into doing (or not doing) whatever that day's shapers of morality designate as "honorable". At one time throwing children onto burning altars was "honorable". Honor means whatever the leaders convince the people it means.

So it is as inevitable as it is ironic how the most gruesome destruction and pitiless killing is done precisely by the organizations which justify their actions with appeals to "duty", "honor", and "country".

“Duty, Honor, Country,” a striking expression of West Point 's time-honored ideals, is the motto of the U.S. Military Academy and is imbedded in its coat of arms.

Meine Ehre heißt Treue ("My honor is called loyalty") ...the motto of the Nazi organization Schutzstaffel (SS).

I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.
--- Julius Caesar

And the ultimate paragon of honor, God, has been invoked countless times in support of war and all of its destructions:

If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
--- Romans 8:31

The imperative in war is to WIN. Victory is honor. Defeat is dishonor. That is more true than any other statement ever offered about war and honor together.

Nuclear weapons don't change the fundamentals of war and honor, they only change the magnitude of the costs of winning and losing.

Greatest I am 10-13-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke (Post 2291744)
No.
"Dishonor" alone will not prevent a nuclear WWIII from happening.
Only a much higher consciousness all within our own world leaders
can actually possibly prevent it.
See:
http://forums.liveleak.com/showpost....3&postcount=20
I do hope for the best, but I also prepare for the worst, or to the extent that I am able.
Human Nature and Human Psychology can only be changed from within one's own self!

This last is true.

You focus on the leaders while I focus on the military and particularly the nuclear key holding soldier.

He and his honor is what will save the day. Not the more corrupted leaders who are slaved to their oligarch owners. A slave may not know honor or duty but a soldier will.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am 10-13-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaptoman (Post 2291756)
Oh please

Being animal brained is what will save us and what has us know what the honorable thing to do is. No animal will knowingly do what will kill all those he loves.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am 10-13-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 (Post 2291763)

We as a species have always put our trust in those we choose to defend us. Our military and soldiers.

Why should we stop doing so now?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am 10-13-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radgy (Post 2291768)
Yup,the sex drive is stronger than any other

I disagree.

Our sex drive is strong, sure, but it takes a back seat to our first and foremost selfish gene that seeks love.

If I place two women before you, and here I assume you are a man, but the reverse would work if you were a woman, one woman where sex without love was possible and the other where love without sex was possible, I think you would choose love over sex and follow your heart instead of your other body part.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am 10-13-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericredbeard (Post 2291783)
LOL at the idea that honor will prevent war of any kind. The concept of honor has been used to justify all the acts of war (including starting one) since war became organized beyond the level of one clan of cavemen pillaging another clan's cave.

It is easy to set undisciplined criminals on a murderous rampage, but that kind of violence is inadequate in the face of violent murderous rampage applied tactically and strategically by intelligent, disciplined individuals willing to put their own lives in danger for a cause greater than themselves and their own desires. In order to encourage people who are otherwise decent, disciplined and constructive to apply this destructive murderous rampage through themselves with their utmost energy and dedication in strategic and tactical fashion, no other motivation is as effective as appeals to "honor". No man wanting to call himself "good" can turn his back on "honor". Honor is a lever to exhort or shame people into doing (or not doing) whatever that day's shapers of morality designate as "honorable". At one time throwing children onto burning altars was "honorable". Honor means whatever the leaders convince the people it means.

So it is as inevitable as it is ironic how the most gruesome destruction and pitiless killing is done precisely by the organizations which justify their actions with appeals to "duty", "honor", and "country".

“Duty, Honor, Country,” a striking expression of West Point 's time-honored ideals, is the motto of the U.S. Military Academy and is imbedded in its coat of arms.

Meine Ehre heißt Treue ("My honor is called loyalty") ...the motto of the Nazi organization Schutzstaffel (SS).

I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.
--- Julius Caesar

And the ultimate paragon of honor, God, has been invoked countless times in support of war and all of its destructions:

If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
--- Romans 8:31

The imperative in war is to WIN. Victory is honor. Defeat is dishonor. That is more true than any other statement ever offered about war and honor together.

Nuclear weapons don't change the fundamentals of war and honor, they only change the magnitude of the costs of winning and losing.

Your post is correct in some ways and not in others.

There is no honor for a soldier who turns the nuclear key that he knows will likely kill all those he loves and bring dishonor and that is why no honorable soldier will initiate a pre-emptive strike.

Regards
DL

Paul Parnitzke 10-13-2017 06:17 PM

Actually, all of those answers were true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291794)
This last is true.

You focus on the leaders while I focus on the military and particularly the nuclear key holding soldier.

He and his honor is what will save the day. Not the more corrupted leaders who are slaved to their oligarch owners. A slave may not know honor or duty but a soldier will.

Regards
DL

Actually, all of those answers of mine were all true.

I focus on the leaders only because they actually call the shots
and not the "nuclear key holding soldier".
Why?
Because these "soldiers" are tested all of the time in drills and
those that don't turn the key on the commands are dismissed.

The soldier's "honor" is to do what his commanders order him
or her now, to do. If they disobey they are court-marshaled or
imprisoned or drummed out of the service "dis-honorably" too.

Apparently, you really don't know what you are talking about
with regard to how soldiers actually do behave under orders.

This is true of civilians as well. Famous experiments in which
a lethal dose of electricity was applied when ordered by a Dr.
with "authority". Morality goes out the window with those in
obedience to it that transfer their own sense of responsibility,
thereby.

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

adaptoman 10-13-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291795)
Being animal brained is what will save us and what has us know what the honorable thing to do is. No animal will knowingly do what will kill all those he loves.

Regards
DL

Jim Jones
But if you are sure of your position perhaps we could divert funds from missile defense to fund the study of familicde, an all to common tragedy in wich a man may kill his entire family in the belief that they will all be better of dead than continue to live in such an unjust world
A world wich he would burn entirely if he could
Instead he just burns his own house while his children sleep
The human animal mind can justify anything my friend

Greatest I am 10-13-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaptoman (Post 2291819)
Jim Jones
But if you are sure of your position perhaps we could divert funds from missile defense to fund the study of familicde, an all to common tragedy in wich a man may kill his entire family in the belief that they will all be better of dead than continue to live in such an unjust world
A world wich he would burn entirely if he could
Instead he just burns his own house while his children sleep
The human animal mind can justify anything my friend

If you are going to base your thinking on the insane ------

Regards
DL

adaptoman 10-14-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291822)
If you are going to base your thinking on the insane ------

Regards
DL

If you want to base your thinking on the assumption that insanity will never (again) or (again again) find his way to status of king,

ericredbeard 10-14-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291799)
Your post is correct in some ways and not in others.

There is no honor for a soldier who turns the nuclear key that he knows will likely kill all those he loves and bring dishonor and that is why no honorable soldier will initiate a pre-emptive strike.

Regards
DL

As a veteran, I can promise you that anyone who has spent as little as 24 hours wearing a uniform of any armed service knows that there is only one absolute, overpowering, all-encompassing, ever-present, indispensable, non-fucking-negotiable virtue that is required of and enforced by all means necessary upon each and every member of the military....and it isn't "honor".

It is OBEDIENCE!
(Any other former or active service member here feel free to weigh in on this.)

Long before they give you the order to squeeze that trigger, yank that cannon lanyard, stand in the door, turn that key, push that button, or launch that missile, they train you to OBEY. They drill you to OBEY. They exercise your OBEDIENCE to a high state of preconscious, involuntary perfection. And only those who OBEY are promoted to higher positions of authority or access to sensitive weaponry (nukes, aircraft, warships, etc.) Those who question authority are dismissed (or disciplined, or punished, or worse, depending on which military they are in). OBEDIENCE comes first and always, honor comes later and maybe.

Furthermore, any competent military (including all of those with nukes) ensures that an individual in control of sensitive weaponry suddenly exercising independent judgement contrary to orders will immediately be removed from control of anything by their peers placed to do so by whatever means necessary. (Call it a "trust, but enforce" system.)

Honor? OBEDIENCE is your first duty Mister!!! Your superiors decide matters of honor.

SO don't be looking for military leaders motivated by "honor" to keep a nuclear war from starting. You're talking about people who dropped high explosives and firebombs by the planeload on cities full of old men, women and children for years, torpedoed ships full of wounded and civilian evacuees, turned a blind eye to mass rape, kidnapped, tortured, and disposed of enemies of the state, and interned their own people in gulags for decades.

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

BurntBulb 10-14-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291719)
It is a cultural bias, yes, but not racist. It shows the respect due them.

That positive bias and respect for the honor that Asians show, all should have.

Regards
DL

Yes it is racism, much greater than the 'white privilege' here.
I've worked and traveled in the so called 'East' and 'Asia'.
So I know, from first hand experience, the East has no such thing as 'honor'.

Greatest I am 10-14-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaptoman (Post 2291823)
If you want to base your thinking on the assumption that insanity will never (again) or (again again) find his way to status of king,

I have not put my trust in Kings.

I put my trust in the military mind.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am 10-14-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericredbeard (Post 2291828)
As a veteran, I can promise you that anyone who has spent as little as 24 hours wearing a uniform of any armed service knows that there is only one absolute, overpowering, all-encompassing, ever-present, indispensable, non-fucking-negotiable virtue that is required of and enforced by all means necessary upon each and every member of the military....and it isn't "honor".

It is OBEDIENCE!

Long before they give you the order to squeeze that trigger, yank that cannon lanyard, stand in the door, turn that key, push that button, or launch that missile, they train you to OBEY. They drill you to OBEY. They exercise your OBEDIENCE to a high state of preconscious, involuntary perfection. And only those who OBEY are promoted to higher positions of authority or access to sensitive weaponry (nukes, aircraft, warships, etc.) Those who question authority are dismissed (or disciplined, or punished, or worse, depending on which military they are in). OBEDIENCE comes first and always, honor comes later and maybe.

Furthermore, any competent military (including all of those with nukes) ensures that an individual in control of sensitive weaponry suddenly exercising independent judgement contrary to orders will immediately be removed from control of anything by their peers placed to do so by whatever means necessary. (Call it a "trust, but enforce" system.)

Honor? OBEDIENCE is your first duty Mister!!! Your superiors decide matters of honor.

SO don't be looking for military leaders motivated by "honor" to keep a nuclear war from starting. You're talking about people who dropped high explosives and firebombs by the planeload on cities full of old men, women and children for years, torpedoed ships full of wounded and civilian evacuees, turned a blind eye to mass rape, kidnapped, tortured, and disposed of enemies of the state, and interned their own people in gulags for decades.

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you are correct, then a nuclear WWIII is inevitable.

That means we are all insane to not destroy all our nukes.

Obedience to insanity is slavery and a slave who turns a key knowing that he is doing the dishonorable thing is just as insane as his master.

http://imgur.com/IBroXK9

Regards
DL

radgy 10-14-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291797)
I disagree.

Our sex drive is strong, sure, but it takes a back seat to our first and foremost selfish gene that seeks love.

If I place two women before you, and here I assume you are a man, but the reverse would work if you were a woman, one woman where sex without love was possible and the other where love without sex was possible, I think you would choose love over sex and follow your heart instead of your other body part.

Regards
DL

That's not true woman love sex just as much as men.yes I'm a dude

Greatest I am 10-14-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radgy (Post 2291848)
That's not true woman love sex just as much as men.yes I'm a dude

Irrelevant to what I said.

Ask any woman if love or sex is more important to her.

Ask yourself for that matter.

I think you and I will agree it is love.

I am also a dude who has enjoyed sex whenever possible.

Without love, it is just friction.

Regards
DL

Yorkie 10-14-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291849)
Irrelevant to what I said.

Ask any woman if love or sex is more important to her.

Ask yourself for that matter.

I think you and I will agree it is love.

I am also a dude who has enjoyed sex whenever possible.

Without love, it is just friction.

Regards
DL

so you’ve experienced “the fuck buddy?”

May the lord strike you down you friction fucker you

adaptoman 10-14-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291845)
I have not put my trust in Kings.

I put my trust in the military mind.

Regards
DL

The military mind's primary function is to obey the king
See Eric's post

ericredbeard 10-14-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291846)

Obedience to insanity is slavery and a slave who turns a key knowing that he is doing the dishonorable thing is just as insane as his master.

Regards
DL

I think that a limited exchange of nukes is likely at some point, probably between lesser members of the nuclear club like India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, Iran, but WWIII (a widespread 'total war' nuke exchange between the major nuclear powers: USA, Russian Fed., China), will likely be averted through Mutually Assured Destruction and the understanding that a nuke WWIII isn't worth fighting. I do think that miscalculation, mistakes, or poor judgement may possibly let that genie out of the bottle though. The generally excellent intelligence, judgement, and character of the highest military commanders (and the shrewd self preservation and selfishness of most high level civilian leaders) has prevented it so far, but maniacs like Kim Jong-Un and religious nutjobs like those running Iran and those vying for power in Pakistan controlling nukes increases the likelihood of someone deciding to do something 'insane' as you put it.

We are too often like monkeys recklessly playing with new toys. After a while we lose our sense of caution and then things happen.... Our collective memory is short, and we do not seem to learn from others' experiences. How many times have we exclaimed, "Never Again!" after WWI, Holodomir, WWII/Holocaust, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Srebrenica, Rwanda, Darfur,......and on and on?

Every generation has to learn for itself that the stove is hot.
--- Benjamin Franklin

Paul Parnitzke 10-14-2017 04:14 PM

Thanks for confirming what I had written, as a veteran.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericredbeard (Post 2291828)

It is OBEDIENCE!

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for just confirming what I had already written, "as a veteran".

Such War Crimes have been committed on ALL SIDES for generations.
OBEDIENCE out-weighs ANY HONOR when submitting to AUTHORITY.

Yes.
Those that don't learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

Paul Parnitzke 10-14-2017 04:21 PM

Not inevitable, but just probable, unfortunately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291846)

Regards
DL

Not "inevitable", but just probable, most unfortunately.
I agree, but, that will also take a much higher consciousness from our own leaders.
Yes, we are all just hostages to the "insane" masters that we all are enslaved to now.
The Money Master's that have already been posted about here elsewhere on another
thread.

As I have already posted here, "honor" will not be our salvation from any WWIII at all.
That will only come from all within our own selves and also of that of our own leaders.

adaptoman 10-14-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke (Post 2291874)
I agree, but, that will also take a much higher consciousness from our own leaders.
Yes, we are all just hostages to the "insane" masters that we all are enslaved to now.
As I have already posted here, "honor" will not be our salvation from any WWIII at all.
That will only come from all within our own selves and also of that of our own leaders.

Let us know how that works out

Paul Parnitzke 10-14-2017 05:50 PM

If you see a real bright light...

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaptoman (Post 2291877)
Let us know how that works out

...we all will know how that works out... briefly and unfortunately.

3rd3y3 10-14-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291796)
We as a species have always put our trust in those we choose to defend us. Our military and soldiers.

Why should we stop doing so now?

Regards
DL

c'mon with the reductive nonsense.

words, we, always, trust, defend, stop... ?

Greatest I am 10-14-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericredbeard (Post 2291871)
I think that a limited exchange of nukes is likely at some point, probably between lesser members of the nuclear club like India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, Iran, but WWIII (a widespread 'total war' nuke exchange between the major nuclear powers: USA, Russian Fed., China), will likely be averted through Mutually Assured Destruction and the understanding that a nuke WWIII isn't worth fighting. I do think that miscalculation, mistakes, or poor judgement may possibly let that genie out of the bottle though. The generally excellent intelligence, judgement, and character of the highest military commanders (and the shrewd self preservation and selfishness of most high level civilian leaders) has prevented it so far, but maniacs like Kim Jong-Un and religious nutjobs like those running Iran and those vying for power in Pakistan controlling nukes increases the likelihood of someone deciding to do something 'insane' as you put it.

We are too often like monkeys recklessly playing with new toys. After a while we lose our sense of caution and then things happen.... Our collective memory is short, and we do not seem to learn from others' experiences. How many times have we exclaimed, "Never Again!" after WWI, Holodomir, WWII/Holocaust, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Srebrenica, Rwanda, Darfur,......and on and on?

Every generation has to learn for itself that the stove is hot.
--- Benjamin Franklin

All in the nuke club, knowing accident do happen, should then all be reducing their arsenals till all nukes are destroyed.

New players just want an imaginary level playing field so as to be able to retaliate in kind.

That includes Iran so that they can match Israel.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am 10-14-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke (Post 2291874)

Our leaders are all bought and paid for and have no honor that I can see.
I count on the military mind that still remembers what honor is and using weapons of mass destruction brings dishonor, not honor.

Even if I am wrong, that idea should be pushed till all military personnel believe it.

If it is written, it might become so. Perception is everything.

Regards
DL

ericredbeard 10-15-2017 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291893)
All in the nuke club, knowing accident do happen, should then all be reducing their arsenals till all nukes are destroyed.

New players just want an imaginary level playing field so as to be able to retaliate in kind.

That includes Iran so that they can match Israel.

Regards
DL

Sure. We'll all destroy our nukes until nobody has any...................except for a few secret ones we all keep just in case.

adaptoman 10-15-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2291895)
Our leaders are all bought and paid for and have no honor that I can see.
I count on the military mind that still remembers what honor is and using weapons of mass destruction brings dishonor, not honor.

Even if I am wrong, that idea should be pushed till all military personnel believe it.

If it is written, it might become so. Perception is everything.

Regards
DL

A worthy sentiment shared by beauty pagent contestants the world over