Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   On Topic Discussion (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Iran is Not the problem (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=91217)

figatova 03-20-2012 07:47 PM

Iran is Not the problem

I've posted parts of this documentary in the past but never watched the whole thing until last night.
Very good doc. Most of what's in it won't be news to people like gswifty, dad61, tarnoch and some others but it should be compulsory viewing for people like demon, marinemom, bashman, freeride and the likes.
Unfortunately the people that should watch it won't.

IRAN (Is Not The Problem) is a feature length documentary film responding to the failure of the American mass media to provide the public with relevant and accurate information about the standoff between the US and Iran, as happened before with the lead up to the invasion of Iraq.
We have heard that Iran is a nuclear menace in defiance of the international community, bent on “wiping Israel off the map”, supporting terrorism, and unwilling to negotiate. This documentary disputes these claims as they are presented to us and puts them in the context of present and historical US imperialism and hypocrisy with respect to Iran. It looks at the struggle for democracy inside Iran, the consequences of the current escalation and the potential US and/or Israeli attack, and suggests some alternatives to consider.
This 79 minute documentary features Antonia Juhasz, Larry Everest, and other activists and Iranian-Americans. The goal of this movie is to promote dialog and change the debate on Iran, so please consider organizing a screening, big or small, in your area.

Tinbuk3 03-20-2012 07:56 PM

Iran is just a pawn even with a nuke.
The real problem today is extreme views from both sides of any issue flooding the Internet and media and that needs to be in perspective.

Shizzah 03-20-2012 08:02 PM

but muslims!
but israel!
but the jewish vote!
but oil!

marinemom 03-20-2012 09:29 PM

Sorry, Fig. Stopped at about 5 minutes in.

This escalating problem with Iran is not about oil. Last I heard, oil company profits were as healthy as ever. The U.S. imports 58% of the oil it uses, and only 16% of those imports comes from the middle east. None of it comes from Iran.

Furthermore, if the U.S. ever knocks out Iran's nuclear facilities, I do not believe that will lead to destabilization of their government. If anything, it might strengthen it. So no, I don't buy the "destabilization" arguement either. Remember when Iranians were protesting their stolen election a couple years ago? The U.S. stood mute. So much for "destabilization".

The oil conspiracy theories appeal to different people for different reasons.

Your reason is that you want Iran to have nuclear weapons, coupled with your hatred of Israel.

The outcome of your position would be war, which is why I cannot support it.

My position is in favor of peace. I have said it before, and I'll say it again - that both sides need to do their parts to de-escalate tension. I know that what you hate about that is the idea that Iran could possibly bear any responsibility for either escalating or de-escalating the situation. What you want is for everyone to leave Iran alone and let them build their nuclear weapons.

You can want it, Fig. But I doubt that Iran will possess nuclear weapons any time in the foreseeable future. Even the Iranians say they don't want them.

What do I want?

I want peace.

I want the Israelis to sit still.

I want the Iranians to cooperate with inspections of their facilities.

And, if the Iranians, at some date in the future, start actually constructing nuclear weapons, I don't want the POTUS to launch a surprise attack. I want him to ask Congress and let Congress decide, either yes or no. It's their call, not the president's call.

Hey, but thanks for thinking of me! What a compliment! I will continue to be a good influence on you in the future, Fig ;)

seanjo 03-20-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinemom (Post 1502019)
Sorry, Fig. Stopped at about 5 minutes in.

This escalating problem with Iran is not about oil. Last I heard, oil company profits were as healthy as ever. The U.S. imports 58% of the oil it uses, and only 16% of those imports comes from the middle east. None of it comes from Iran.

Furthermore, if the U.S. ever knocks out Iran's nuclear facilities, I do not believe that will lead to destabilization of their government. If anything, it might strengthen it. So no, I don't buy the "destabilization" arguement either. Remember when Iranians were protesting their stolen election a couple years ago? The U.S. stood mute. So much for "destabilization".

The oil conspiracy theories appeal to different people for different reasons.

Your reason is that you want Iran to have nuclear weapons, coupled with your hatred of Israel.

The outcome of your position would be war, which is why I cannot support it.

My position is in favor of peace. I have said it before, and I'll say it again - that both sides need to do their parts to de-escalate tension. I know that what you hate about that is the idea that Iran could possibly bear any responsibility for either escalating or de-escalating the situation. What you want is for everyone to leave Iran alone and let them build their nuclear weapons.

You can want it, Fig. But I doubt that Iran will possess nuclear weapons any time in the foreseeable future. Even the Iranians say they don't want them.

What do I want?

I want peace.

I want the Israelis to sit still.

I want the Iranians to cooperate with inspections of their facilities.

And, if the Iranians, at some date in the future, start actually constructing nuclear weapons, I don't want the POTUS to launch a surprise attack. I want him to ask Congress and let Congress decide, either yes or no. It's their call, not the president's call.

Hey, but thanks for thinking of me! What a compliment! I will continue to be a good influence on you in the future, Fig ;)

It's all about oil with Fig, one track mind....he can't think for himself.

figatova 03-20-2012 09:33 PM

lol, like I said, the ones that should watch it won't. Clueless and proud to remain clueless, way to go MM :dur:

p.s. Also, big thumps up to the British ziocon cheerleader.

seanjo 03-20-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by figatova (Post 1502023)
lol, like I said, the ones that should watch it won't. Clueless and proud to remain clueless, way to go MM :dur:

Waaaaahahahahahahahahahah..from the supporter of dictators and murderous theocratic regimes...little heads up for you fig Assad is going to lose favour with the Russians soon because not even they can condone this slaughter for this long, hence the troops, and no matter how much you whine, if Iran don't stop trying to make nukes they are going to be attacked...there is fuck all you can do about it and fuck all I can do about it!

marinemom 03-20-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by figatova (Post 1502023)

Ha! In the first 6 1/2 minutes the following words were used:

Bush - 3 times
Cheney - 2 times
Oil companies - 3 times
Oil - 5 times
Profits - 1 time
Control - 6 times
Domination - 2 times
Empire - 5 times
Neocon - 1 time

So what did I miss in the other 70 minutes? Fig, I've heard AAAAAALL of this before.

Funny how you had to post this thing from 2007. What has happened to the anti-war movement since Obama took over? Lol, when Gmike posts his "Young Turks" vids, Cenk can't even say "the O word" when talking about Iran. SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH !!!

And I see you are still proud to advocate for war in the middle east.

figatova 03-20-2012 10:03 PM

On Topic Section

Watch the documentary and comment on it or clear off if you don't care for it.

voidhanger 03-20-2012 10:10 PM

No point in posting in this thread if you haven't watched the whole thing. biiiiiitchin