Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Member account 'parking'. (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=110602)

Krazy2310 07-09-2014 11:13 AM

Member account 'parking'.

I've had an idea (might not be viable but I'll throw it out there).

Recently there have been a number of well known and liked members on the main site deleting their accounts for many reasons. Some have personal reasons, some just feel burnt out and some are just going AWOL.

So it got me thinking...Would it be possible to add a feature where a member could 'park' their account when leaving for any period of time? And where the little box says 'Channel has been deleted by channel owner!' maybe have the option for the user to leave their own message for their friends/subscribers?

I'm not sure if it's possible but I just thought it might be easier to do that than the mods/admin having to reinstate each account when some users decide to come back. It would also help friends/subscribers know what the deal is.

Anyway...just a thought. :)

UncIeDiIf 07-09-2014 11:39 AM

I want to delete my account. Do you know how that work?

Krazy2310 07-09-2014 11:43 AM

On the main site?

Click the little arrow near your name and click 'settings'. Scroll down a little and there is a button 'Delete user?'.

zero-g 07-09-2014 01:13 PM

There is already a "park" feature.
Take your time off from LL and just don't delete your account
, and guess what?
it will still be there as they don't just close accounts for inactivity.

They can even use the settings to leave a "gone fishing" note on their channel.

and mods shouldn't reinstate "deleted" accounts. They never used too.
if you couldn't hack it with your old account, then you had to start a new one.

john1054 07-10-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero-g (Post 2030529)
Mods shouldn't reinstate "deleted" accounts. They never used too.
if you couldn't hack it with your old account, then you had to start a new one.

Until about a year ago, deleting one's account was irreversible. Then a couple people got breaks because they tended to have excitable personalities and were a fixture here. Owen Higgins may have been the first, I think.

I've got mixed feelings about letting people get reinstated. It makes quitting and returning too easy. A few people quit because they are trying to break away from an addictive activity. If rejoining the site is only a matter of an e-mail to the administrators, these guys are being done no favor.

At the same time, I am happy when I see people I regard as friends return to the site.

zero-g 07-10-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1054 (Post 2031040)

At the same time, I am happy when I see people I regard as friends return to the site.

I think for the better part, if someone returns , that isn't here just to stir the pot, they identify themselves and make known their past persona.

I guess I don't like the reinstatement of deleted accounts because it gives more attention to and favors people I would personal consider to be drama queens for the sheer fact that they feel the need to bring that sort of attention to themselves or the fact that they feel they deserve special treatment in the first place.

Regardless of whether they were well liked or not.

.02 more ;)

moefugger 07-10-2014 11:45 PM

There is already a park feature.
It is built in.

10fold 03-14-2015 01:48 AM

I deleted my main site account last year. Life has calmed since then. I didn’t stop visiting the site, simply felt unsafe contributing to the site at that time. I have been thinking about contributing again. Would be cool to do it with the same account name and if possible have access once again to the videos I made and contributed in the past.

10fold

zero-g 03-14-2015 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10fold (Post 2127798)
I deleted my main site account last year. Life has calmed since then. I didnít stop visiting the site, simply felt unsafe contributing to the site at that time. I have been thinking about contributing again. Would be cool to do it with the same account name and if possible have access once again to the videos I made and contributed in the past.

10fold

and that's why you don't DELETE your account.

DanielDefense 03-14-2015 03:57 AM

I wonder how some of you have made it this long in life