Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Religion and spirituality (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   If the wages of sin is death, and Jesus died, does that make Jesus a sinner? (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=120245)

Greatest I am 09-06-2017 12:59 AM

If the wages of sin is death, and Jesus died, does that make Jesus a sinner?

To sin is to do something immoral and thus create a victim to that sin. I cannot see all sins as something that would condemn us to eternal suffering and death in hell or the lake of fire as that goes against the biblical notion of justice being an eye for an eye or that the penalty should fit the crime/sin.

What sin did Jesus do to earn his death?

I see Jesusí death as more of suicide than sacrifice as he initiated his own suicide by getting Judas to betray him.

Could Jesusí sin have been suicide?

If not, what do you think his sin was?

Regards
DL

OCEANBLUE 09-06-2017 04:57 AM

Religion is a form of mental illness

(1) Hallucinations - the person has invisible friends who (s)he insists are real, and to whom (s)he speaks daily, even though nobody can actually see or hear
these friends.

(2) Delusions - the patient believes that the invisible friends have magical powers to make them rich, cure cancer, bring about world peace, and will do so eventually if asked.

(3) Denial/Inability to learn - though the requests for world peace remain unanswered, even after hundreds of years, the patients persist with the praying behaviour, each time expecting different results.

(4) Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality - the beliefs are contingent upon ancient mythology being accepted as historical fact.

(5) Paranoia - the belief that anyone who does not share their supernatural concept of reality is "evil," "the devil," "an agent of Satan".

(6) Emotional abuse - o.0 religious concepts such as sin, hell, cause feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and other types of emotional "baggage" which can scar the
psyche for life.

(7) Violence - many patients insist that others should share in their delusions, even to the extent of using violence.

Skwint_hed 09-06-2017 06:26 AM

man made person, man made concept.

Shite.

Private-Parts 09-06-2017 07:08 AM

Forget these parody religions and let The Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with His Noodly Appendage.

Velhalla 09-06-2017 07:56 AM

As the spokesperson for Jesus himself, since I am the second coming and Jesus incarnate I say yes. Carnal sin.

adaptoman 09-06-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velhalla (Post 2287979)
As the spokesperson for Jesus himself, since I am the second coming and Jesus incarnate I say yes. Carnal sin.

I believe in a second cuming

UKatheist 09-06-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCEANBLUE (Post 2287970)

(4) Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality - the beliefs are contingent upon ancient mythology being accepted as historical fact.

Ring any bells vel

Paul Parnitzke 09-07-2017 08:01 PM

The Antifa far left sounds quite religious thereby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCEANBLUE (Post 2287970)

(1) Hallucinations - the person has invisible friends who (s)he insists are real, and to whom (s)he speaks daily, even though nobody can actually see or hear
these friends.

(2) Delusions - the patient believes that the invisible friends have magical powers to make them rich, cure cancer, bring about world peace, and will do so eventually if asked.

(3) Denial/Inability to learn - though the requests for world peace remain unanswered, even after hundreds of years, the patients persist with the praying behaviour, each time expecting different results.

(5) Paranoia - the belief that anyone who does not share their supernatural concept of reality is "evil," "the devil," "an agent of Satan".

(6) Emotional abuse - o.0 religious concepts such as sin, hell, cause feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and other types of emotional "baggage" which can scar the
psyche for life.

(7) Violence - many patients insist that others should share in their delusions, even to the extent of using violence.

UKatheist 09-07-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke (Post 2288068)

Says the cosmotheism fan.

ericredbeard 09-08-2017 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatest I am (Post 2287959)
DL

How many people you know have risen after dying? What does that make Jesus? (Or are you going to cherry pick whichever parts of the story support your predestined conclusion and leave out whatever would derail your narrative's 'logic'?)

You should keep the rest of the story in mind before you try dragging it down with shortsighted questions that appear to use the narrative against itself. Keep nibbling at the edges, little rat. The heart of it is beyond your reach...

You remind me of the little hooded imp crouching next to Viggo in this scene. Just shut up and stay in your place quietly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMmcCBEyEj0