Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Firearms (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Old pistol (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=118294)

gerryowen 08-11-2016 03:36 AM

Old pistol
 
2 Attachment(s)
Latest project, old 1967 Charter Arms Bulldog, came to me cheap, cheap but with a few rust spots and a very worn finish.
It had not been taken care of and was probably a saddle bag gun or glove compartment pistol on a ranch truck.
But it locks up tight, has a very good barrel, trigger, wood and all looks good mechanically. And .44 Special is a great round for everything from bear to lion and two legged assholes.
Did a Cerakote finish after some work on the rust, turned out great, real little hand cannon.

Edit- went out to the wood pile away from the horses/barn, popped off a cylinder, gotta hang on to it, got some kick to her. Horses are probably in next county now.

ericredbeard 08-11-2016 05:46 AM

The Bulldog is a super combination of cartridge and revolver. I watched a used stainless one go past me pretty cheap a few years ago, and I still wished I had bought it.

CCI offers two shot loads for snakes and/or rodent pests: one loaded with #12 shot, and the other #4 shot. Handy for rattlers.

Velhalla 08-11-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericredbeard (Post 2239464)
The Bulldog is a super combination of cartridge and revolver. I watched a used stainless one go past me pretty cheap a few years ago, and I still wished I had bought it.

CCI offers two shot loads for snakes and/or rodent pests: one loaded with #12 shot, and the other #4 shot. Handy for rattlers.

If you kill rattlers youre an asshole and a pussy.

philomath 08-11-2016 07:32 AM

Thats kinda bad azz. I like that widdle thing. I woulda bought it in a skinny minute.

philomath 08-11-2016 07:40 AM

On a side note.. My horses n cows are well adjusted to firing weapons, there is always someone shooting something. Most of the time they will just stand there staring at you like,, WTF are you making all this racket for? And, hurry TF up so you can give us our carrots and or apples.

tarnoch 08-11-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerryowen (Post 2239447)
Latest project, old 1967 Charter Arms Bulldog, came to me cheap, cheap but with a few rust spots and a very worn finish.
It had not been taken care of and was probably a saddle bag gun or glove compartment pistol on a ranch truck.
But it locks up tight, has a very good barrel, trigger, wood and all looks good mechanically. And .44 Special is a great round for everything from bear to lion and two legged assholes.
Did a Cerakote finish after some work on the rust, turned out great, real little hand cannon.

Edit- went out to the wood pile away from the horses/barn, popped off a cylinder, gotta hang on to it, got some kick to her. Horses are probably in next county now.

yeah, that's a small pistol for that size round, my 500 weighs 8lbs, recoil is doable.

tarnoch 08-11-2016 08:05 AM

still recommend two hands tho.

bran 08-11-2016 10:31 AM

Are yer gonna paint it pink..like yer underpants?

CrapFactory 08-11-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velhalla (Post 2239466)
If you kill rattlers youre an asshole and a pussy.

Agreed.

tarnoch 08-11-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velhalla (Post 2239466)
If you kill rattlers youre an asshole and a pussy.

rattlers are good eats, better than rabbit..hypocrite.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 PM.