Liveleak Forums

Liveleak Forums (http://forums.liveleak.com/index.php)
-   Firearms (http://forums.liveleak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Finally Got a Place to Shoot (http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=92276)

Blackhawk067 05-01-2012 05:01 AM

Finally Got a Place to Shoot

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 95106

Our regular range was shut down after the state of Illinois (Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources) filed a "restraining order" against them for errant rounds supposedly impacting park property and for lack of supervision and safety regulations. Complete crap. This range is one of the most safety orientated and regulated ranges I've ever been to. I actually saw a guy fire a round accidentally over the firing line...even though it still hit the berm, they ejected him from the range and banned him permanently. They have no tolerance for ignorance or non-compliance with the rules.

Anyway....found a farmer near by, by one of my buddy's parent's house who said, "hell yeah, go out there and have a ball."

Fuck you Illinois. This state is absurd with it's anti-gun agenda.

marinemom 05-01-2012 06:11 AM

My husband just got back home after two days of shooting sage rats in a farmer's pastureland.

BurntBulb 05-01-2012 06:35 AM

A good friend of mine, on his 15 acres of land, up on a moutain side, has made a shooting gallery!
50 yards clear! 300 yards stacking!

dad61 05-01-2012 12:00 PM

That's the nice thing of having your own property, I've never in my life had to go look for some place to shoot, in fact, this is the first house that I didn't or couldn't just shoot off the back porch.....at least I can still piss off it, lol.

mrbaldspot 05-01-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawk067 (Post 1526507)
Attachment 95106

Anyway....found a farmer near by, by one of my buddy's parent's house who said, "hell yeah, go out there and have a ball."

Fuck you Illinois. This state is absurd with it's anti-gun agenda.

Live in Illinois too.This state sucks.

That's cool of your friends parents to let you shoot there.My Dad's best friend used to live on an old farm house on the outskirts and that's where everybody used to shoot at.

Do you think you will be messed with by the law if you shoot there regularly?

Blackhawk067 05-01-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaldspot (Post 1526689)
Live in Illinois too.This state sucks.

That's cool of your friends parents to let you shoot there.My Dad's best friend used to live on an old farm house on the outskirts and that's where everybody used to shoot at.

Do you think you will be messed with by the law if you shoot there regularly?

We called county sheriff just to cover our asses and got the name and number of the officer we talked to just in case, but he said we're all good.

We have berms built and we're firing towards about 1000 yards of nothing anyway..no residences or anything, so I think we should be ok.

You think our conceal/carry law will pass this time or no?

I'm guessing no. These idiots law makers and our idiot governor just won't wake up to the fact that 49 other states may be right.

Blackhawk067 05-01-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinemom (Post 1526532)
My husband just got back home after two days of shooting sage rats in a farmer's pastureland.

Yeah, this guy told us to go ahead and off some coyotes if we see them out there, but I don't like shooting animals...lol...how ass backwards is that?

marinemom 05-01-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawk067 (Post 1526777)
Yeah, this guy told us to go ahead and off some coyotes if we see them out there, but I don't like shooting animals...lol...how ass backwards is that?

It's not, really. I wouldn't like it either. Even my husband is very selective. He doesn't hunt any predators - no coyotes or other predators. The sage rats are a nuisance to the farmers, damaging fields and crops. The only other things he hunts, he eats.

Amkus 05-02-2012 11:32 AM

I wish I had a place like that. All of the local ranges are expensive and have crappy rules.

dad61 05-02-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinemom (Post 1526817)
It's not, really. I wouldn't like it either. Even my husband is very selective. He doesn't hunt any predators - no coyotes or other predators. The sage rats are a nuisance to the farmers, damaging fields and crops. The only other things he hunts, he eats.

If we didn't take an active stance towards the coyotes around here, there wouldn't be any deer, or other "eatables", and they'd start in on the livestock, checks and balances. We have also been inundated with 'coydogs', which is what happens when there's so many coyotes that they start breeding with domestic dogs.

I mean no offense, just a warning, we didn't used to shoot predictors either, so maybe he should check into that a bit, I have no idea what your coyote population is like, whether it's growing, or neutral.

With us, it seemed to happen over night, one day it was like "Hey, there's a coyote" to the next being like "Hey, there's 2 packs of coyotes and a pack of coydogs", lol.