Thread: Dead laptop
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 06:41 AM   #37
peekay
# No To Newco

peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!
Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
Hi, hope you guys can help me out here, Iíve a second laptop that suddenly decided to give up the ghost & now just wonít fire up.

Firstly is was working just fine, no issues whatsoever, I powered down as normal, there was no signs of any issues, no warnings, no error messages.

Iíve come to it today & thereís nothing, firstly I thought it might be the psu, but no itís working as it should, the battery is showing fully charged & itís a new battery I might add, the old battery is also fine. Just doesnít hold its charge as long hence the new battery,

I figured maybe the CMOS battery was on its way so Iíve changed that also, Iíve checked all connections and theyíre ok.

Iím at a loss as to what it might be.. Iím leaning towards the motherboard being fried, but fingers crossed it isnít.

Iíve tried a hard start to no avail also..

So any of you computer nerds have any pointers??

Much appreciated
It's your hard drive. What you need to do is hope you've externally saved important files'n'stuff. Buy a new drive(~$100) and install a working OS. I went through this a few months ago, I've now got a tippy-tappy daily laptop and a sekrit tails laptop