Thread: Roadkillz
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #23
l8rm8e
LiveLeaker

l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!l8rm8e is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,190,772,870, Level: 100 Points: 1,190,772,870, Level: 100 Points: 1,190,772,870, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish1234 View Post
Thanks for the thread....I am glad to see he had so many cyber friends too.

Contact me if you have a need or want to share something about my brother.

I still can't believe he is gone. I hope he was wrong about God. He has changed my life once again. I miss you Andy and my heart aches every time I think about you. I feel like I failed you. I was your big brother and I couldn't protect you. I am so sorry. Please forgive me.
I just had to "regulate" my breathing after reading this (I have a little brother 3 years younger).

I know we don't know each other at all ... but over roughly 6 months I went from "casual banter" to "man fears" with your brother (all very boring and predictable). I'm sure it wasn't particularly profound in the great scheme of things, but a LOT of your brothers character MUST have come from upbringing. You can't "acquire" the "Spike Milligan" attitude overnight .. you have to grow into it.

This made Andy (RK to me) someone I could easily relate to, and easily communicate with. When he "revealed" his musical interest to me ... I was staggered. I'm not talking specifically about guitar or vocal talent ... more the "interpretation" and "song selection". You said RK wasn't a Beatles fan ... that doesn't matter when you find a song you can SING and connect with.

As a third generation muso I was used to "punters" and "musos". Finding someone who was BOTH but didn't realize it was a revelation.

His voice on "Blackbird" might be shaky ... but the talent is unmistakable. Ask anyone of the musos on Liveleak (there are MANY).

Let me say for everyone who cares ... you did NOT fail your brother. Shit happened and now we are here.

Have a good Friday, then Saturday, and so on.
l8rm8e is offline   Reply With Quote