View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #12
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudmonkey View Post
because his nation is on the verge of financial meltdown and he considers the sanctions by the west to be both arrogant and insulting, which is seriously crippling Russia
Just out of curiosity and this isn't a gotcha question...

Who do you think deserves to have economic sanctions more in the following list:

1) Russia or Iran
2) Russia or Saudi Arabia
3) Russia or China

In the last 25 years, since the fall of the USSR, which people have been more likely to be cast as the criminals and threats to society in popular movies, books, tv shows and more likely to have their ethnicity/race/culture portrayed as inherently bad by global media corporations:

1) Russians or Muslims?
2) Russians or China?
3) Russians or Irish?
4) Russians or Turkey?
5) Russians or Mexicans?

In the first set, I wouldn't say Russia for any of the three.
In the second set, I would pick Russia for all of the five.

Maybe Russia is thinking the way I am. I even remember when the Sum Of All Fears, a cold war era novel by Tom Clancy was turned into a movie, and the entire plot was reversed. In the best selling novel, the antagonists were stateless terrorists. In the move that came out after the Fall of the Cold War, the antagonists were a conspiracy of international-nationalists Russians. I was perplexed by that so I started taking note of every time one of our leaders bashed Russia or our media portrayed Russians at knuckle draggers. It's a lot more than you think it would be.

Don't you think that might have something to do with the rise of Putin and the Russian populaces' trust in him?
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote