Thread: Steaming Turd!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #30
dwencl
Filthy Hot Mess

dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!dwencl is a forum GOD!!
Points: 282,141,722, Level: 100 Points: 282,141,722, Level: 100 Points: 282,141,722, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollrobb View Post
WoW the forum is such a angry place. Now i remember why i seldom come here.

Some people need pictures to explain a topic, hence the mainsite video selections. The forums require that you use a different part of your brain that requires a bit more critical thinking and attention to detail.

For instance, a person who frequents the mainsite often develops a method of reading in which certain comments are filtered out and slated as "filler text" whilst others that fit into the user's schema are attended to first. There is a bit of back and forth (maybe) and the user then skips along to the next video.
Now that person goes into the more on-topic conversations in the forums. There are no 'featured threads.' A visitor has to read and select a topic. Here in lies the 'success/failure' for successful commenting. A person accustomed to ADHD-style reading material could easily miss something that is blatantly obvious to those with a more refined 'palate' so to speak.

Take this particular thread for example -
the top left goes like this for me:
  • LL forums
  • information and support
  • rules, FAQs and site support
  • We love you too
  • Steaming turd
Now, based on the information above it seems you saw LL forums, information and support, steaming turd. Or LL forums, steaming turd. I would go so far as to hypothesize that you had a bad experience in here and in the reminiscing ended up commenting without thought to when or where or what.
I say this because the comment in which I assume you were referring to manifested in September 2012. And in the very first sentence of this very first post said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL_Hayden View Post
All because some words are banned on the main site and we don't believe that makes us communists. Much anger here, and a bit of an emo cry for help too perhaps.

Just trying to help you to better your online forum experience.