View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 01:11 AM   #10
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
Godhood is inseparably linked to power. A god deity is a god specifically because it possesses power. Otherwise it would merely be a spirit, a ghost, or a lower magical being such as a sprite, a pan, or a monster. Polytheist religions distribute power among more than one god, each god usually having specific powers within certain delineated functions: the god of fertility/the harvest, the god of beauty/love, the god of war, the god of the oceans, the lightning & thunder god, the god who brings rain, the sun god....etc.

Once you posit one all powerful all knowing creator of everything, you're done. Everything else is second rate, and thus unworthy of being a god. The previous gods become either false gods or higher beings explainable through science fiction which might become science fact in the future....but they cannot remain gods.

What kind of god do you want/propose?
One whose policies are demonstrably moral.

That eliminates Yahweh and Allah whose policies are demonstrably immoral.

I know this as a fact because Christians and Muslims always run from discussions on the morality of their gods.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote