View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
TheEngineer
Resignation Superman

TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,524,982, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,524,982, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,524,982, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faurkbeans View Post
Oh, so I should just sit back and chill because even though they haven't enforced it religious bigots have the right to take a democratically elected atheist to court and thereby question the legitimacy of his election?

There's a reason they haven't ever enforced it. Because if they did take it to court it would be struck down, then every state with bigoted legislation would have to amend it. If they have time to "reaffirm" the national motto as "In God We Trust," even though it was already the national motto and they just wanted to rub everyone's face in it, then I think they have time to pass some federal legislation that strikes down any laws banning atheists from public office.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...WfM_story.html

Plenty of time for that retarded shit, apparently no time to pass legislation enforcing the constitution in state's that are violating it.
Yeah, you should chill ... you're making a big deal out of nothing ... this country has bigger problems than some shitty state laws that nobody has ever heard of, or what religious symbols are on govt property ... they should just print "In Big Government We Trust" on our fucking money ... I don't really give a shit ...
TheEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote