View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
ERiC_DrAyViN
"Hayden I am your father"

ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!
Points: 198,793,957, Level: 100 Points: 198,793,957, Level: 100 Points: 198,793,957, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseITup View Post
Motherboard voltage regulator on the fritz will give intermitant startup problems like this.
You know thats the part that bugs me. If it's an intermittent psu problem a psu tester could read normal voltages right? Or maybe the problem is with the motherboard itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88n View Post
Sounds like the motherboard to me, in the best scenario it's your PSU not delivering enough juice. Try putting down the load. Disconnect a couple of fans or whatnot and see how it does. Or just measure the voltages.

Do you hear any beeps during the startup? The mobo will have some standard POST beeps to indicate if something major is wrong. Consult
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If you aren't hearing anything it might indicate the mobo is fucked.
I don't hear any beeps at all no.

If the mobo is the problem is there anyway to test it?

I'm going to buy a psu tester and the fan sound is coincidence I'm sure it because i started up with the case fan humming loudly but the pc started up normally then the fan sound went after 2-3 minutes. Unless the psu is to blame for the fan sound also. who knows.

If the mobo is kapoot it's new rig time. Funny i was just thinking of it recently. I got about $2,200 and my pc is a bit old now it's 5 years old next May. Got a good run out of it. But I'd like to find the problem with this so I can sell the parts and get some money to put into a new one. Can't sell a raped mobo on ebay...lol.
"ur 1st sentence is LOL. however, according to my sources, u had something u desired to communicate regarding polonium213. unless it was the incompetent whiney gibberish from euro lib shitbag cowardly vaginas, probably, then u can address it via pm " -- Polonium213

you just don't hit a kid, especially not your own! -- meno

Last edited by ERiC_DrAyViN; 11-27-2012 at 12:29 AM.
ERiC_DrAyViN is offline   Reply With Quote