View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
k88n
Vagiterian.

k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!
Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100 Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100 Points: 393,398,353, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERiC_DrAyViN View Post
You know thats the part that bugs me. If it's an intermittent psu problem a psu tester could read normal voltages right? Or maybe the problem is with the motherboard itself.

I don't hear any beeps at all no.

If the mobo is the problem is there anyway to test it?

I'm going to buy a psu tester and the fan sound is coincidence I'm sure it because i started up with the case fan humming loudly but the pc started up normally then the fan sound went after 2-3 minutes. Unless the psu is to blame for the fan sound also. who knows.

If the mobo is kapoot it's new rig time. Funny i was just thinking of it recently. I got about $2,200 and my pc is a bit old now it's 5 years old next May. Got a good run out of it. But I'd like to find the problem with this so I can sell the parts and get some money to put into a new one. Can't sell a raped mobo on ebay...lol.
What mobo do you have. I'll check what you should hear. It could be a simple thing as a couple of caps needing replacement to major fuck up in the mobo. There is no easy way of testing mobo issues unless you have a spare mobo laying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpist View Post
Try vacuuming the dust and shit out of that thing.
Vacuuming is not wise, static electricity can really screw up shit. Especially the RAM.