View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 01:18 AM   #9
philomath
Gettin jiggy witit

philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!
Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan123 View Post
Morning all knowing LL computer folk..

Problem with a pc at work. It looks like the MD was using it and fooked it up royally.

Windows 7 pro 64bit. The computer was left on because it runs some of our printers etc in the office, Mr Numpty was seen to be messing about with it.
Switched it on on Monday and got nothing but a black screen with a pane saying that "The video could not be played", or something similar..

Now having googled, I have booted in safe mode and changed resolution. Fine in safe , no dice on normal boot.

Tried updating drivers. Fine in safe , no dice on normal boot.

Various other googled suggestions. Fine in safe , no dice on normal boot.

Finally it was suggested that "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" driver be uninstalled and reinstalled...... This worked and the screen was visable but the resolution, even after trying to make it more easily viewed, was horrible. Now it only has "Standard VGA graphics adapter" and it won't allow me to download the driver.

I have run Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Advanced systemcare. It won't allow me to system restore from any point....

Any ideas?
My first question would have to be aimed at the office worker that felt the need to adjust its settings. Why did you do this? His response would dictate my next course of action. If the terminal was showing signs of struggle? compiled with the continued severity and spread of the faults, Add that the terminal in a "constant on" asset..

If he says it was unstable then you have hardware failure.. Either the interrogated graphics card of the MB has failed or the root drive that holds the OS is loosing a sector or platter or some such thing.

If he was just tinkering or rootng around(Grrr).. You will need to f8 into safe mode and uninstall the graphics/chip driver then reboot normal mode. Make sure the OS has chosen basic vga as its base graphic driver.. Reboot again.

Now, install the second one down here.

Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...ore-Processors

That should take care of it if it is a driver error.

~And The Beat Goes On~

Last edited by philomath; 03-10-2016 at 01:20 AM.
philomath is offline   Reply With Quote