Thread: FAQ's
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
LL_Hayden
LiveLeaker

LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!
Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
Default Moderators

Some FAQ's regarding the mod team setup at LiveLeak. This information will probably only be valid until just after the launch of 2.0. I will update this information at that point.

Q. Who are the mods?

A. The mods are volunteers chosen from our members who give their time to help run the site as smoothly as possible. They are doing this because they enjoy LiveLeak for what it is.

Q. Why are their identities secret?

A. Because they are members who enjoy and use the site having an anonymous mod identity means they can continue to enjoy LiveLeak without being pestered continuously or attacked for their actions by people determined to blame a mod regardless of the situation.

Q. Why do you let your mods be biased against me? I didn't do anything...

A. No mod action can be carried out without leaving a trail for us to check on should a complaint come up. It's incredibly rare to find a mod abusing their position. In fact I can only think of one case where proof came to light and that particular person is no longer on this site.

Q. How do you choose mods?

A. Sometimes we put out a call for people to volunteer and sometimes we might approach a member. We check posting history and also talk among the team as to the suitability of the person. Naturally you cannot be 100% sure until you try someone out. One thing we do try to ensure is that there is a good mix of political beliefs and personalities to avoid any bias issues arising. So far it has worked well.

Q. Are all mods on a power trip?

A. Nope. The other mods would get annoyed with that very quickly.

Q. Can I be a mod?

A. If you think you can do it and if you think you can be impartial in your decisions (or at the very least pass the decision to someone else if you feel it's a subject you can't be impartial about) then give me a shout.

Q. How can I tell if a moderator is a genuine one?

All moderation actions are carried out as "LiveLeak Staff". You will not get a profile for individual mods either.

Q. If I see that "LiveLeak Staff" has edited my post or given me a warning who do I reply to?

Just click on the username and send your message. Our system will ensure it gets to the right moderator.

To say the mods are essential to LiveLeak is an understatement. I have been accused many times of being oversensitive when it comes to people criticising the mod team. I am, how could I not be protective of people that deal with a difficult job without payment and solely because they dig LL?

Last edited by LL_Hayden; 04-22-2011 at 02:05 PM.