Thread: FAQ's
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
LL_Hayden
LiveLeaker

LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!
Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
Default Racism and Racial slurs.

Some FAQ's on racism and LiveLeak's stance on it.

Q. Why do you block racial slurs? Is it political correctness?

We block or censor anything we consider to be a threat to the site. Whether people are offended by comments or not is not our concern but experience has shown us that, left to run riot these things snowball until that is all you see. We do not want a site like that and we like to think most of our members wouldn't either.

Q. What about my freedom of speech?

Your freedoms on LiveLeak are outlined in our rules, whatever rules govern freedom in your country do not apply here (unless in alignment with our rules).

Q. Why are you censoring me for my beliefs?

We aren't, we are asking you to voice your beliefs within our rules which is a perfectly reasonable request. We can't tell you not to be racist, that's not our place. But we can tell you certain terms are unacceptable on LiveLeak.

Q. Why is it only racial slurs against minorities that are censored?

We only censor that which creates a problem for the site. If, for example, anti white racism became a major issue we would act against it in the same way.

Q. If they can say it in a video why can't I say it in comments?

There are videos of people setting themselves on fire here on LiveLeak. You could do that too but it wouldn't necessarily be the smart thing to do.

Q. Why isn't there a list of banned terms?

Between people changing words, coming up with newer terms, and the ever changing nature of the site it would be a nightmare in terms of upkeep. Common sense should work just fine in this respect.