Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #101
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctorAaron View Post
The tangible is always in flux.
As E=MC2 demonstrates.

"You Could Think I'm Wrong, but That's No Reason To Stop Thinking"

“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
TheDoctorAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #102
NoGODisGOOD
FreeThinker and Humanist

NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!
Points: 9,048,521, Level: 100 Points: 9,048,521, Level: 100 Points: 9,048,521, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Default Dancing around what I said

Quote:
As E=MC2 demonstrates.
Nothing new. I already said matter changes. The word you used has a defined meaning which you ignore.

Reality.

As usual you either did not understand what I meant or did and are slinging poo like a monkey.

You reject the meaning and substitute your own ideologies of your belief for the meaning of the word:

Reality.

Should I remind everyone of the context you used it? Yes.

"Reality includes everything that is and has been (we do not know this so the answer is "we do not know"), whether or not it is observable or comprehensible (same thing). A still more broad definition includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist (Here you loose me as you are starting to sound like a fortune teller). Reality is the state of things as they actually exist (not like the idea of any deity), rather than as they may appear or might be imagined (WRONG, imagination is speculative at best, we can imagine things and create them sometimes... other times we fake them to hook in the money). But we do not know the entire nature of the universe and how reality may and probably will change as the universe ages (we have a greater understanding with science than religion has ever offered). Reality is stable for the moment in time, but that may not have always been or always will be. (speak for yourself here and not for others as this is conjecture)."

What is reality to a fish?
or a goat?
Spider?
A star?

...Human?

Well we know what applies to us. In your reality you favor supernatural which is not "Tangible".<--the word I used.

We also have this tool called "SCIENCE" that helps us figure things out further.

Religion has not helped us figure things out.

Guess which one I use.

You can crawl back under your bridge now unless you invent the God/Jebus detection kit that works and we all can find them and punch them in the face.

Fail.

(oh, yeah, this is where he calls me delusional and completely off my rocker... again)

Last edited by NoGODisGOOD; 11-10-2011 at 02:47 AM.
NoGODisGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #103
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGODisGOOD View Post
Nothing new. I already said matter changes. The word you used has a defined meaning which you ignore.

Reality.

As usual you either did not understand what I meant or did and are slinging poo like a monkey.

You reject the meaning and substitute your own ideologies of your belief for the meaning of the word:

Reality.

Should I remind everyone of the context you used it? Yes.

"Reality includes everything that is and has been (we do not know this so the answer is "we do not know"), whether or not it is observable or comprehensible (same thing). A still more broad definition includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist (Here you loose me as you are starting to sound like a fortune teller). Reality is the state of things as they actually exist (not like the idea of any deity), rather than as they may appear or might be imagined (WRONG, imagination is speculative at best, we can imagine things and create them sometimes... other times we fake them to hook in the money). But we do not know the entire nature of the universe and how reality may and probably will change as the universe ages (we have a greater understanding with science than religion has ever offered). Reality is stable for the moment in time, but that may not have always been or always will be. (speak for yourself here and not for others as this is conjecture)."

What is reality to a fish?
or a goat?
Spider?
A star?

...Human?

Well we know what applies to us. In your reality you favor supernatural which is not "Tangible".<--the word I used.

We also have this tool called "SCIENCE" that helps us figure things out further.

Religion has not helped us figure things out.

Guess which one I use.

You can crawl back under your bridge now unless you invent the God/Jebus detection kit that works and we all can find them and punch them in the face.

Fail.

(oh, yeah, this is where he calls me delusional and completely off my rocker... again)
You use "Tangible" as if "Tangible" is all there is to reality. FAIL!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #104
NoGODisGOOD
FreeThinker and Humanist

NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!NoGODisGOOD is a forum GOD!!
Points: 9,048,521, Level: 100 Points: 9,048,521, Level: 100 Points: 9,048,521, Level: 100
Default Nice one liner

Quote:
You use "Tangible" as if "Tangible" is all there is to reality. FAIL!!!
I'm going to stand up and salute you (as an imbecile) now as a 14 year military veteran. Thanks for your service as an asshat to religion!

Excellent job!

Last edited by NoGODisGOOD; 11-11-2011 at 04:45 AM.
NoGODisGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #105
Ranger79
Tango Down

Ranger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legendRanger79 is officially a forum legend
Points: 970,129, Level: 100 Points: 970,129, Level: 100 Points: 970,129, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGODisGOOD View Post
Such a beautiful place to surrender. In all of what life is and what life tries to take to stay alive. Such a bitter sweet moment. When you are dead you will simply not know it. Lights out. Then a nothing you will never experience... because you are dead.

Religion thinks it can manifest itself of a perseverance and makes a claim of it's own.

Pretty sure it's bullshit. But that is my opinion.

While life is certain to give as much as it takes (insert your experiences), are you among the nay-sayers that you have to subscribe to nonsense in order to achieve? Achieve WHAT?

In this case and only this case it seems to make sense to be delusional. You get somewhere by following instead of leading.

Without people that think outside the box and consider all things.... and lead...

We are screwed.
For you to chew on.
Whether any sin incurs a debt of eternal punishment?

Objection 1. It would seem that no sin incurs a debt of eternal punishment. For a just punishment is equal to the fault, since justice is equality: wherefore it is written (Isaiah 27:8): "In measure against measure, when it shall be cast off, thou shalt judge it." Now sin is temporal. Therefore it does not incur a debt of eternal punishment.
Objection 2. Further, "punishments are a kind of medicine" (Ethic. ii, 3). But no medicine should be infinite, because it is directed to an end, and "what is directed to an end, is not infinite," as the Philosopher states (Polit. i, 6). Therefore no punishment should be infinite.
Objection 3. Further, no one does a thing always unless he delights in it for its own sake. But "God hath not pleasure in the destruction of men" [Vulgate: 'of the living']. Therefore He will not inflict eternal punishment on man.
Objection 4. Further, nothing accidental is infinite. But punishment is accidental, for it is not natural to the one who is punished. Therefore it cannot be of infinite duration.
On the contrary, It is written (Matthew 25:46): "These shall go into everlasting punishment"; and (Mark 3:29): "He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, shall never have forgiveness, but shall be guilty of an everlasting sin."
I answer that, As stated above (Article 1), sin incurs a debt of punishment through disturbing an order. But the effect remains so long as the cause remains. Wherefore so long as the disturbance of the order remains the debt of punishment must needs remain also. Now disturbance of an order is sometimes reparable, sometimes irreparable: because a defect which destroys the principle is irreparable, whereas if the principle be saved, defects can be repaired by virtue of that principle. For instance, if the principle of sight be destroyed, sight cannot be restored except by Divine power; whereas, if the principle of sight be preserved, while there arise certain impediments to the use of sight, these can be remedied by nature or by art. Now in every order there is a principle whereby one takes part in that order. Consequently if a sin destroys the principle of the order whereby man's will is subject to God, the disorder will be such as to be considered in itself, irreparable, although it is possible to repair it by the power of God. Now the principle of this order is the last end, to which man adheres by charity. Therefore whatever sins turn man away from God, so as to destroy charity, considered in themselves, incur a debt of eternal punishment.
Reply to Objection 1. Punishment is proportionate to sin in point of severity, both in Divine and in human judgments. In no judgment, however, as Augustine says (De Civ. Dei xxi, 11) is it requisite for punishment to equal fault in point of duration. For the fact that adultery or murder is committed in a moment does not call for a momentary punishment: in fact they are punished sometimes by imprisonment or banishment for life--sometimes even by death; wherein account is not taken of the time occupied in killing, but rather of the expediency of removing the murderer from the fellowship of the living, so that this punishment, in its own way, represents the eternity of punishment inflicted by God. Now according to Gregory (Dial. iv, 44) it is just that he who has sinned against God in his own eternity should be punished in God's eternity. A man is said to have sinned in his own eternity, not only as regards continual sinning throughout his whole life, but also because, from the very fact that he fixes his end in sin, he has the will to sin, everlastingly. Wherefore Gregory says (Dial. iv, 44) that the "wicked would wish to live without end, that they might abide in their sins for ever."
Reply to Objection 2. Even the punishment that is inflicted according to human laws, is not always intended as a medicine for the one who is punished, but sometimes only for others: thus when a thief is hanged, this is not for his own amendment, but for the sake of others, that at least they may be deterred from crime through fear of the punishment, according to Proverbs 19:25: "The wicked man being scourged, the fool shall be wiser." Accordingly the eternal punishments inflicted by God on the reprobate, are medicinal punishments for those who refrain from sin through the thought of those punishments, according to Psalm 59:6: "Thou hast given a warning to them that fear Thee, that they may flee from before the bow, that Thy beloved may be delivered."
Reply to Objection 3. God does not delight in punishments for their own sake; but He does delight in the order of His justice, which requires them.
Reply to Objection 4. Although punishment is related indirectly to nature, nevertheless it is essentially related to the disturbance of the order, and to God's justice. Wherefore, so long as the disturbance lasts, the punishment endures.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/2087.htm#article3
Ranger79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #106
NoGODisGOOD
FreeThinker and Humanist

Default I know what death is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger79 View Post
For you to chew on.
Whether any sin incurs a debt of eternal punishment?

Objection 1. It would seem that no sin incurs a debt of eternal punishment. For a just punishment is equal to the fault, since justice is equality: wherefore it is written (Isaiah 27:8): "In measure against measure, when it shall be cast off, thou shalt judge it." Now sin is temporal. Therefore it does not incur a debt of eternal punishment.
Objection 2. Further, "punishments are a kind of medicine" (Ethic. ii, 3). But no medicine should be infinite, because it is directed to an end, and "what is directed to an end, is not infinite," as the Philosopher states (Polit. i, 6). Therefore no punishment should be infinite.
Objection 3. Further, no one does a thing always unless he delights in it for its own sake. But "God hath not pleasure in the destruction of men" [Vulgate: 'of the living']. Therefore He will not inflict eternal punishment on man.
Objection 4. Further, nothing accidental is infinite. But punishment is accidental, for it is not natural to the one who is punished. Therefore it cannot be of infinite duration.
On the contrary, It is written (Matthew 25:46): "These shall go into everlasting punishment"; and (Mark 3:29): "He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, shall never have forgiveness, but shall be guilty of an everlasting sin."
I answer that, As stated above (Article 1), sin incurs a debt of punishment through disturbing an order. But the effect remains so long as the cause remains. Wherefore so long as the disturbance of the order remains the debt of punishment must needs remain also. Now disturbance of an order is sometimes reparable, sometimes irreparable: because a defect which destroys the principle is irreparable, whereas if the principle be saved, defects can be repaired by virtue of that principle. For instance, if the principle of sight be destroyed, sight cannot be restored except by Divine power; whereas, if the principle of sight be preserved, while there arise certain impediments to the use of sight, these can be remedied by nature or by art. Now in every order there is a principle whereby one takes part in that order. Consequently if a sin destroys the principle of the order whereby man's will is subject to God, the disorder will be such as to be considered in itself, irreparable, although it is possible to repair it by the power of God. Now the principle of this order is the last end, to which man adheres by charity. Therefore whatever sins turn man away from God, so as to destroy charity, considered in themselves, incur a debt of eternal punishment.
Reply to Objection 1. Punishment is proportionate to sin in point of severity, both in Divine and in human judgments. In no judgment, however, as Augustine says (De Civ. Dei xxi, 11) is it requisite for punishment to equal fault in point of duration. For the fact that adultery or murder is committed in a moment does not call for a momentary punishment: in fact they are punished sometimes by imprisonment or banishment for life--sometimes even by death; wherein account is not taken of the time occupied in killing, but rather of the expediency of removing the murderer from the fellowship of the living, so that this punishment, in its own way, represents the eternity of punishment inflicted by God. Now according to Gregory (Dial. iv, 44) it is just that he who has sinned against God in his own eternity should be punished in God's eternity. A man is said to have sinned in his own eternity, not only as regards continual sinning throughout his whole life, but also because, from the very fact that he fixes his end in sin, he has the will to sin, everlastingly. Wherefore Gregory says (Dial. iv, 44) that the "wicked would wish to live without end, that they might abide in their sins for ever."
Reply to Objection 2. Even the punishment that is inflicted according to human laws, is not always intended as a medicine for the one who is punished, but sometimes only for others: thus when a thief is hanged, this is not for his own amendment, but for the sake of others, that at least they may be deterred from crime through fear of the punishment, according to Proverbs 19:25: "The wicked man being scourged, the fool shall be wiser." Accordingly the eternal punishments inflicted by God on the reprobate, are medicinal punishments for those who refrain from sin through the thought of those punishments, according to Psalm 59:6: "Thou hast given a warning to them that fear Thee, that they may flee from before the bow, that Thy beloved may be delivered."
Reply to Objection 3. God does not delight in punishments for their own sake; but He does delight in the order of His justice, which requires them.
Reply to Objection 4. Although punishment is related indirectly to nature, nevertheless it is essentially related to the disturbance of the order, and to God's justice. Wherefore, so long as the disturbance lasts, the punishment endures.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/2087.htm#article3
Do you know what killing is?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #107
BurntBulb
Invert camara

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

you people think you know DEATH! you idiots! You fools!

Wait till you are the last of your family! a very old person!
Your grandparent and parents are dead, all your brothers and sisters have gone before you! Your children have too! Nephews and nieces, and even grandchildren have gone before you! Friends are gone long ago!

see what a long life is all about! You are forgotten, there is no one to grieve for you!
BurntBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #108
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
you people think you know DEATH! you idiots! You fools!

Wait till you are the last of your family! a very old person!
Your grandparent and parents are dead, all your brothers and sisters have gone before you! Your children have too! Nephews and nieces, and even grandchildren have gone before you! Friends are gone long ago!

see what a long life is all about! You are forgotten, there is no one to grieve for you!
Is that really so bad? You outlived everyone else.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #109
BurntBulb
Invert camara

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
Is that really so bad? You outlived everyone else.
Wait and see!
You will be chucked into that cold earth, and there is no one left to care!
No one is there to grieve for you!

Last edited by BurntBulb; 11-14-2011 at 01:57 PM.
BurntBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #110
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
Wait and see!
You will be chucked into that cold earth, and there is no one left to care!
No one is there to grieve for you!
What does it matter "if no one is left to grieve me?" All of my friends and relatives have already passed on and those are the only "grievers" who wold matter. Since I am left alone and have my affairs in order, I can grieve for my departed family and friends and myself if I care too, but I won't because I can be at peace.