Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > North America

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #51
twright55
Monster

twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 374,824,411, Level: 100 Points: 374,824,411, Level: 100 Points: 374,824,411, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
I agree that there's institutional racism at play here.

I had no idea that the cops let Zimmerman walk before they even knew who Trayvon Martin was. Wow! I'm stunned by that.

I have thought all along that if Trayvon's mother hadn't made the initial hoopla, the cops would have never reopened the case.
7hrs after the killing, the Sanford PD had already made a decision that there was no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman and released him.

Martin had no ID on his body (which I admit is a little odd) and so he was listed as John Doe. His dad finally called the police the next morning to report his missing son, and that is when they realized who Martin was. That was about 12hrs after the killing.

They forwarded the case to the prosecutor, who agreed a few days later that no charges would be filed. It's been reported that this particular prosecutor does not like to take on cases unless they are a 'slam dunk.'

From what I understand, the police were not forthcoming to Martin's parents as to the evidence and reasoning behind the decision that their son had been 'justifiably killed.' Understandable if the case was still under investigation, but this one was already closed...no further action. It's also been reported that the lead investigator wanted to re-interview Zimmerman to 'catch him in a lie', but the Sanford Police Chief and the prosecutor over-ruled him and basically said 'case closed, no more investigation.'

Then the local media got a hold of this, it made the news.
This is not the first time the Sanford PD has been caught with their pants down, and so it made a natural local story. Then the national media picked up on it and it went all racial.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
ModusOP
What's your diameter?

ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!ModusOP is a forum GOD!!
Points: 302,798,639, Level: 100 Points: 302,798,639, Level: 100 Points: 302,798,639, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

It's obvious what kind of guy this Zimmerman is, the others are just pumping out whatever their political party wants them to.......that is the truth of the matter.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #53
zero-g
Premium Member

zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,083,457,342, Level: 100 Points: 1,083,457,342, Level: 100 Points: 1,083,457,342, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
ya, i live in the real world, too, and it's not realistic that someone would just punch you for saying, "can i help you?" unless they were up to no good from the start (which trayvon wasn't, he was walking home). and he had no history of violence.

Zimmerman, however, has a lengthly history.

so why would you assume Zimmerman was just being polite and asking, "Can I help you?" and Treyvon suddenly attacked him?

you are letting your anger at black people and the evil liberal media cloud your judgement.
I think you misinterperated what I said, I was talking about Samwise punching someone in the face, it's like his signature here.

But as far as someone getting up your face when you ask them what they are doing there? absolutely, happens everyday.

oh, and my anger for black people?You're way off base, I'm not angry with anyone. I have know problem seperating fact from emotion. You on the other hand , seem to be more influenced by emotion.

BTW, I'm dissapointed in your pulling the race card.
Feel free to pull up any of my racist posts.

Last edited by zero-g; 04-16-2012 at 04:56 PM.
zero-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #54
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 904,198,842, Level: 100 Points: 904,198,842, Level: 100 Points: 904,198,842, Level: 100
Activity: 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero-g View Post
I think you misinterperated what I said, I was talking about Samwise punching someone in the face, it's like his signature here.

But as far as someone getting up your face when you ask them what they are doing there? absolutely, happens everyday.

oh, and my anger for black people?You're way off base, I'm not angry with anyone. I have know problem seperating fact from emotion. You on the other hand , seem to be more influenced by emotion.

BTW, I'm dissapointed in your pulling the race card.
Feel free to pull up any of my racist posts.
actually, everything i've stated about this case is based on facts I've read about concerning this matter, so I don't know where you'd get that. When I first read about this case, I said that I would withhold judgement until I heard more information. When I heard more, I made up my mind.

I guess I misinterpreted your statement that I thought was meant to sum up what you think happened in the Treyvon/Zimmerman situation, rather than you just messing around with Samwise, so I apologize for that.

That being said, if I seem emotional, it's frustration, because I can tell we (not just you and I, but myself and other liveleakers) are analyzing this case through 2 very different lenses. I tend to analyze and interpret stories like this using social intelligence, which IMO, is important when determining what happened in any kind altercation between 2 people. however, I notice that most Liveleakers (male, in particular, some more than others) tend to interpret situations like this without using their social intelligence, but rather, using their political agenda, which I don't believe should play any role in interpreting what may have happened during an altercation between 2 people.
slacker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #55
DontTreadOnMe2
LL_FFL Champion 2009,2012

DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!DontTreadOnMe2 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 210,678,415, Level: 100 Points: 210,678,415, Level: 100 Points: 210,678,415, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad61 View Post
If I seen a black kid with a hoodie and his pants half off in my neighborhood, I'd profile and follow his ass too, I'm just being honest here, hell, if I seen a black guy at all, I would wonder what was up, just the same as I would any colored face(meaning it doesn't matter what color the face was) that I didn't recognize.

I've stayed out of this whole thing because it's a fucking race circus that shouldn't be, but none of us would have even heard the story if it wasn't for that, so black kid gets killed in a white neighborhood, and all of a sudden it's a racist circus. If a white person got killed in a black neighborhood, we wouldn't even hear about it, and if we did, the response would be "What a dumbass, what did he expect?" and that would be that.

Zimmerman didn't follow him because the kid was black, he did it because he didn't recognize someone in HIS neighborhood, white, black, or otherwise. The tragedy here was because the kid confronted Zimmerman for following him, so then you have to ask why the kid did that. Was Zimmerman wrong for following him? Maybe. Was he a wannabe cop? Absolutely.

So why did the black kid confront him? We can't ask him, but something that I do know, and is proven by all that has transpired here, is that blacks are very and overly sensitive about being black and that may be the reason that the kid confronted him. What ever the reason, all of this proves to me, that blacks are way more racist than anyone else and that everything this country has done since 150 years ago today, has made that so.

The only thing here is that the word racist has been made out to mean something other than what it does mean, that's why "only whites can be racist" and why the media turns it that way simply for $$$, drama sells. And the government overtly, or covertly, perpetuates it all.

Blacks are way more racist than whites, the proof is right in front of your eyes.

Emancipation day is today, 150 years ago today ol Abe signed the Compensation Emancipation act that freed 3000 slaves in DC, slavery officially ended 3 years later on January 31, yet here we are today, blacks still enslaved by their own minds, and the rest of us being enslaved by the whole race thing as well.
This post sums up my feelings on the subject - I have not made any judgement on this case. I will wait to see what the "facts" are.

As a side note - here is my experience with the watch thingy.

After hurricane Ike - all power was out in my area. I sat in my house watching TV on generator power - armed to the teeth. One afternoon I was sitting in my living room - I heard a knock at the door and observed 3 young men at the door. I didn't answer - as I noticed they parted their truck out on the street and walked up - which was unusual to me. I noticed they were trying to look inside my house - in the windows which are on the walk by the door. I waited. After 5 mins or so they left. I watched them get into their truck and drive away. I decided to get some information about these young - and report them to the police. I took my pistol and got into my car. I expected to see them a house or two up - but they had traveled to the other side of the subdivision by the time I caught up -5 or 6 mins. I got the license number of the truck and followed along for a couple of miles. At that point, the driver pulled over to the side of the road. I pulled up along side, and informed them that I was the home owner of the house they were just at - and wanted to know what they wanted. The driver said they were just there offering their services (I assume help cleaning up after the storm) but there was no sign on the truck. I informed him that it was not a good idea to go on peoples property - and to stay clear of mine. He was very respectful (yes sir, no sir), but he had to know I was armed and had information on his vehicle. After - I called the police and had an officer come take a statement/ file a report and was told they would look for the truck. The officer knew I was armed - even suggested I stay alert just in case they returned later.

I think if they were up to no good - they went elsewhere to find it.

I am not a cop wannabe. I didn't take the law into my own hands. I just let these young men know - notice was taken.

I slept with my SKS for the next 3 weeks while power was out.

Flame away.