Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > North America

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #21
TheEngineer
Mindless Asshole
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 13,348
TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%
Default

Being agnostic is less stressful ...
TheEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #22
TheEngineer
Mindless Asshole
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 13,348
TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%
Default

Did anyone catch the Dalai Lama on Piers Morgan last night? ... I love that guy ... (the Dalai Lama, not that sanctimonious douchebag Piers Morgan) ... Piers asked his holiness which world leaders he admires and he said George Bush, the younger one ... says he disagrees with the wars but finds him to be a nice human being or something like that ... weird TV moment ...
TheEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #23
faurkbeans
Face-Ripper Monkey
 
faurkbeans's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In Yo' Face!
Posts: 19,538
faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!
Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100
Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
Yeah, you should chill ... you're making a big deal out of nothing ... this country has bigger problems than some shitty state laws that nobody has ever heard of, or what religious symbols are on govt property ... they should just print "In Big Government We Trust" on our fucking money ... I don't really give a shit ...
Hey, I'd rather have our dollars and coins say "In Big Government We Trust." At least big government actually exists so that's a step up from the nonsense that's on their now lol.

I'm just making the point that the faux "war on Christians" is bullshit. Holy science, they have to take down a few nativity scenes and crosses on government land where they shouldn't be in the first place. Meanwhile there's institutional oppression of atheists, in writing, contained in several state constitutions. If the tables were turned religious people would be having a shit fit and have all this overturned in a matter of weeks. They'd actually have something real to cry about in regards to unfair treatment in society.
__________________
"Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers." George Carlin
faurkbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #24
TheEngineer
Mindless Asshole
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 13,348
TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faurkbeans View Post
Hey, I'd rather have our dollars and coins say "In Big Government We Trust." At least big government actually exists so that's a step up from the nonsense that's on their now lol.

I'm just making the point that the faux "war on Christians" is bullshit. Holy science, they have to take down a few nativity scenes and crosses on government land where they shouldn't be in the first place. Meanwhile there's institutional oppression of atheists, in writing, contained in several state constitutions. If the tables were turned religious people would be having a shit fit and have all this overturned in a matter of weeks. They'd actually have something real to cry about in regards to unfair treatment in society.
You're such a drama queen ... what institutional oppression of atheists? ... why not find a real fucking problem to bitch about ... ffs ..
TheEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
faurkbeans
Face-Ripper Monkey
 
faurkbeans's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In Yo' Face!
Posts: 19,538
faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!
Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100
Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
You're such a drama queen ... what institutional oppression of atheists? ... why not find a real fucking problem to bitch about ... ffs ..
Well, it's not like this a phenomenon in a single state. It's the law in seven states.

I would consider the rules you must follow, according to a state constitution, as being "institutional." And I would consider the specific targeting of a single demographic based on their religious beliefs (in this case lack their of) to not have equal rights under the law as being "oppression."

What would you call it Nancy? IMO they might as well be talking about race or ethnicity in these constitutions as opposed to non-believers. Would you agree with that? If they said blacks could be elected to public office? Would you be equally non-outraged?
__________________
"Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers." George Carlin
faurkbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #26
Kristen213
Absolutely Fabulous
 
Kristen213's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,744
Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 657,778,207, Level: 100
Points: 657,778,207, Level: 100 Points: 657,778,207, Level: 100 Points: 657,778,207, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faurkbeans View Post
I do support Ron Paul, and Ron Paul would call these laws unconstitutional as I have.

State's have rights, to the extent they don't violate the federal constitution. IE; a state couldn't adopt slavery or deny Africans equal protection under the law nowadays even if a majority of the people in a state wanted it or passed the legislation.

It's against the law to enforce a religious tests as a prerequisite for holding public office. And state's do not have the right to change that, or create laws counter to it, without amending the US constitution first.

Article 6, paragraph 3
I didn't have a chance to respond, but your answer makes good sense. Thanks
Kristen213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #27
TheEngineer
Mindless Asshole
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 13,348
TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faurkbeans View Post
Well, it's not like this a phenomenon in a single state. It's the law in seven states.

I would consider the rules you must follow, according to a state constitution, as being "institutional." And I would consider the specific targeting of a single demographic based on their religious beliefs (in this case lack their of) to not have equal rights under the law as being "oppression."

What would you call it Nancy? IMO they might as well be talking about race or ethnicity in these constitutions as opposed to non-believers. Would you agree with that? If they said blacks could be elected to public office? Would you be equally non-outraged?
Non-used laws Chicken Little ... I will save my outrage for when someone has actually been oppressed by these "laws" ...

poor, oppressed atheists ... waaah!!!
TheEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
faurkbeans
Face-Ripper Monkey
 
faurkbeans's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In Yo' Face!
Posts: 19,538
faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!faurkbeans is a forum GOD!!
Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100
Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100 Points: 694,966,751, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
Non-used laws Chicken Little ... I will save my outrage for when someone has actually been oppressed by these "laws" ...

poor, oppressed atheists ... waaah!!!
Yeah, because who the fuck cares about following the US constitution? That's such a non-issue... And I'm sure your opinion that these laws shouldn't be enforced is much more legitimate than what it actually says in the state constitutions in question.

Poor oppressed atheists are pointing out that states should be following the constitution instead of violating it ... waaah!

It's not like they'd have to part the Red Sea to change these laws to be in accordance with the US constitution. So I don't see why you're getting so butthurt over me pointing out bigoted constitutional violations.
__________________
"Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers." George Carlin
faurkbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #29
TheEngineer
Mindless Asshole
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 13,348
TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!TheEngineer is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100 Points: 1,329,518,859, Level: 100
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faurkbeans View Post
Yeah, because who the fuck cares about following the US constitution? That's such a non-issue... And I'm sure your opinion that these laws shouldn't be enforced is much more legitimate than what it actually says in the state constitutions in question.

Poor oppressed atheists are pointing out that states should be following the constitution instead of violating it ... waaah!

It's not like they'd have to part the Red Sea to change these laws to be in accordance with the US constitution. So I don't see why you're getting so butthurt over me pointing out bigoted constitutional violations.
Outrage ? ... really? ... the Constitution is being shit all over by real issues that affect Americans and you think I am outraged over your diddly fucking squat issue? ... bitch please ...

You obviously haven't been paying attention if you think that the magic genie believers are really a big problem ...
TheEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #30
nicoal2
LiveLeaker
 
nicoal2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: US
Posts: 9,429
nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!nicoal2 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,587,128,436, Level: 100
Points: 1,587,128,436, Level: 100 Points: 1,587,128,436, Level: 100 Points: 1,587,128,436, Level: 100
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
Default

I don't see how they can prove someone isn't religious. I see pics of polititians with bibles all the time.
nicoal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:52 AM.