Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #61
moefugger
Cygnus-X1
 
moefugger's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: US Jacksonville
Posts: 5,571
moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100
Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100 Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100 Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
Default

Religious retards.
People laugh at you in the main site so you feel the need to come in here with your SHIT but you cannot delete and ban here like in there..
We die like anything else.
We rot away like anything else.
Go get an education.
__________________
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...
Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FHRITP
moefugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #62
Tyrfingr
PhilosophyLeaker
 
Tyrfingr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,360
Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!
Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100
Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100 Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100 Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillTheVoid View Post
Only God can save us from total despair. The alternative is and will always be absolute nihilism.
Ever heard of living in the present and accepting that this life is all we know and can be sure of. Despair is for the people who can't accept that this is all there is, or that they are a stranger in a strange land. People who are not able to live in the present but rather live for some other idea that is more in line with how they percieve that the world should be like are pretty much bound to end up dissapointed and bitter about the outcome. If they can't have their dreamworld here they transport it to the next life instead whilst they gaze in wonder at people who seem able to accept this world and not seeming not to be worried at all about wether there is a life or not after this.

We live, why decry it ? it makes no sense what so ever if you ask me. Because it does seem as if you decry everything in this world all the time, blaming people who have no faith of being full of despair and empty whilst making no show of love or laughter yourself. It's just an endless case of bitterness and hell in virtually every goddamn post you make.

As for your alternative that there would only be absolute nihilism shows how little you understand about that concept as it is completely neutral and has nothing to do with despair or hoplesness. Again only people who suffer the feelings of despair and hoplesness argue as you do, and they aren't called nihilists, there is another term used for it called anomie. The commonology that there are two sides to a coin fits in this argument as well; that whatever it is that may prevent despair for you might cause it for someone else. Of course people who follow really worn down paths that's been trodden by the countless feets of those who prefer the mentality of 'saftety in number' never realize that which Sartre once described as "Hell is other people".

Ghosts, fairies, trolls, goblins, witches, vampires and on and on that kept people scared of the dark are all the imaginations of other people, some from well known authors, others from legends based on real events. Religion is no different. True despair i imagine must be when a person starts to believe whilst struggling to accept it. The sheer amount of facts and arguments to the contrary that one have to dismiss daily must be enourmous, it's like watching these pathetic people who run around trying desperately to prove the existence of yeti and loch ness with blurry images and worn out VHS tapes. Just the idea of some mystical thing to be discovered and proven is enough to give some people a purpose in life.

Despair for me is to behold these people and coming to grips with the fact that i belong to the same species. Of all the things people could worry about and 95% of the attention turns out to be directed towards what other people believe or don't. The only thing people should be worried about is wether they are good and just, more than that you can't ask for. And being good and just to other people is totally free, it's just a matter of will and time to understand what it means to respect peoples choices. The fact that the world isn't good or just is a case in point. This whole idea of praying to a god doesn't help the world, and it's thoroughly egoistical anyway since the bulk of the prayers are all summed up as a huge worry about wether one has been a good kid this year just to get some presents. One of the major reasons why the church and and all the hail mary people around the world won't change the world to the better is precisely because of this. That they are too focused and worried about their own personal afterlives. It's only about god and their own personal suffrage, dear god help me with this, thank you for that etc. I rarely heard of people less deserving of a good afterlife than people who worry more about what their personal god thinks of their devotion and attention than how they actually behave in the world whenever they are telling others that their afterlives are fucked because they are not good people since they haven't accepted their god.... What kind of a fucked up almighty and endlessly wise being are these people worshipping i wonder, and to complete the farce the very same people hold long self-appraising speeches about how forgiving and loving their god is and great people they are. If this isn't Orwellian doublethink i dont know what is.

No wonder these are the same people who talk about despair and depression and emptyness. There's no love or compassion in any of them as far as i can see.

Last edited by Tyrfingr; 05-05-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Tyrfingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #63
moefugger
Cygnus-X1
 
moefugger's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: US Jacksonville
Posts: 5,571
moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100
Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100 Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100 Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
Default

Fill The Void is a troll in the main site.
__________________
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...
Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FHRITP
moefugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #64
Tyrfingr
PhilosophyLeaker
 
Tyrfingr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,360
Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!
Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100
Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100 Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100 Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefish View Post
Christians believe that life is to be lived fully, and in service to others, sharing the redeeming love of Christ. They do it think themselves better than anyone else, nor worse. It's simply to about that. What we do think is that our relationships with God matter and have consequences.

How we live our lives matter, but are not the basis for our salvation. We don't earn it. It is a gift of grace from God.
Of all the things a person ought to earn is handed out freely. No wonder i never been able to accept that whole disney like story, it's comical in a way how christianity has transformed from something vichious and cruel to this 21st century limp wristed self important idealistic-crusade. The whole description that you gave is the same life style that any good decent person live by just by being a human. It's almost comical.
Tyrfingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #65
Blackhawk067
Porpoise Eradicator
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US
Posts: 7,391
Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!Blackhawk067 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100
Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100 Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100 Points: 286,930,229, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefish View Post
Christians believe that life is to be lived fully, and in service to others, sharing the redeeming love of Christ. They do it think themselves better than anyone else, nor worse. It's simply to about that. What we do think is that our relationships with God matter and have consequences.

How we live our lives matter, but are not the basis for our salvation. We don't earn it. It is a gift of grace from God.
B U L L S H I T.

If that's what you believe and that's how you live your life, than that's wonderful and I have much respect for you
, but Christians in general do not live that way.

Many are hypocritical, judgmental, arrogant, ignorant and selfish...perhaps the majority.
Blackhawk067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #66
Amkus
Something's on my face?
 
Amkus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: US Nun-ya
Posts: 2,732
Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!Amkus is a forum GOD!!
Points: 39,545,730, Level: 100
Points: 39,545,730, Level: 100 Points: 39,545,730, Level: 100 Points: 39,545,730, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default

__________________
If you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, itíll spread over into the rest of your life. Itíll spread into your work, into your mortality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must consistently exceed his level. Ė Bruce Lee
Amkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #67
the demon
American Infidel
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion
 
the demon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United States of America
Posts: 21,305
the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,560,795, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,560,795, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,560,795, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,560,795, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
Default

Who gives a rats ass. I have the fucking internet.
__________________
"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads on our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel." -- WW2 General George S. Patton
the demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #68
LL_Hayden
No Sin Bin can hold ME!
 
LL_Hayden's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: GB Manchester
Posts: 10,611
Blog Entries: 5
LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjo View Post
So as long as Lord Hayden master and dominator agrees with you, it is alright...what about the people he is not agreeing with?

As the lord and master Hayden's job is to be impartial, if I was King live leaker, I would make a second sneaky account and express myself that way!
Is that why you never took me to task when I've spoken out against islam? I don't need a second account (that would be too much hassle and oddly wrong IMO) and nor is it my "job" to be impartial. I remain impartial in decisions because anything else would be unfair, I also avoid talking too much about my personal politics because people automatically seem to assume that means I would play favourites.

As for this topic, I'll have my say just like anyone else.
__________________
Tipping cows in fields Elysian and swimming in the Super-Sargasso sea
LL_Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #69
Gmike
LiveLeaker
 
Gmike's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 5,877
Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!Gmike is a forum GOD!!
Points: 87,747,142, Level: 100
Points: 87,747,142, Level: 100 Points: 87,747,142, Level: 100 Points: 87,747,142, Level: 100
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillTheVoid View Post
Raising ultimate moral judgments will never detract from the futility of your own purposeless existence.

Only God can save us from total despair. The alternative is and will always be absolute nihilism.
Whats your point? Your whole argument is based on feeling not anything you can definitely prove.

What if you were born Hindu? Would you still care knowing you'll be reincarnated over and over again? Your whole argument is based and limited only on what religion you were indoctrinated into, you can't prove anything. Therefore if I die tomorrow, it is what it is, but I know what a religion says (the bible included) are not true. There is truth, then there is religion, and they have nothing in common.
Gmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #70
moefugger
Cygnus-X1
 
moefugger's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: US Jacksonville
Posts: 5,571
moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100
Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100 Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100 Points: 808,169,909, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmike View Post
Whats your point? Your whole argument is based on feeling not anything you can definitely prove.

What if you were born Hindu? Would you still care knowing you'll be reincarnated over and over again? Your whole argument is based and limited only on what religion you were indoctrinated into, you can't prove anything. Therefore if I die tomorrow, it is what it is, but I know what a religion says (the bible included) are not true. There is truth, then there is religion, and they have nothing in common.
True.

Lucky he was not born into a muzzie family and raised in the muzzie religion.
He might be one of the fanatics that go blow up some women and children in a market for the snackbar dude.
__________________
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...
Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FHRITP
moefugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10 PM.