Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Europe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
figatova
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,448
figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseITup View Post
Inconclusive election result, keeps the possibility of a referendum on the table but without making it a certainty.
Madrid may throw Catalonia a few tax crumbs but if Mariano Rajoy wants he can just sit back and watch what happens next.
Artur Mas must regret calling a snap election now.
I have to disagree there. ERC has been calling for a referendum since 2006 and has always been a pro-independence party. Unlike CiU which has only been pro-referendum and jumped on the pro-independence movement 45 days ago when 1.5 million Catalans came out on the street shouting independence. Not only that but we also have ICV and CUP which are both for a referendum. Pro-referendum seats have an ample majority, even more so than before yesterday's election.
Rajoy can't stand by no more. I agree he might decide to renegotiate the 'Estatut' but innaction is not an option.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
Skwint_hed
The Sheep are on fire
 
Skwint_hed's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Granite City
Posts: 15,582
Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!
Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100
Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100 Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100 Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
Default

Another step - well done
Skwint_hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #23
maltesefalcon
Melite
 
maltesefalcon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MT Valletta
Posts: 2,966
maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100
Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100 Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100 Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Default

Congrats Figgs, hope you get your referendum and Independence, if and when this happens what will your nation be called? Castile?

Also, will it be a Republic or a Kingdom?
maltesefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
mouseITup
LiveLeaker
 
mouseITup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Albion
Posts: 755
mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!mouseITup is a forum GOD!!
Points: 91,367,928, Level: 100
Points: 91,367,928, Level: 100 Points: 91,367,928, Level: 100 Points: 91,367,928, Level: 100
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
I have to disagree there. ERC has been calling for a referendum since 2006 and has always been a pro-independence party. Unlike CiU which has only been pro-referendum and jumped on the pro-independence movement 45 days ago when 1.5 million Catalans came out on the street shouting independence. Not only that but we also have ICV and CUP which are both for a referendum. Pro-referendum seats have an ample majority, even more so than before yesterday's election.
Rajoy can't stand by no more. I agree he might decide to renegotiate the 'Estatut' but innaction is not an option.
Catalan parties that back a referendum are from different ends of the political spectrum. It is doubtful that the independence issue will glue them together solidly enough to make their other differences irrelevant. ERC is anything but a natural bedfellow of CiU and I can't see CiU trying to govern Catalonia with the support of the Partido Popular either as they are miles apart on the referendum issue.
That's why I think Rajoy will not do anything in the short term except pay lip service to the election result.
__________________
"The removals of civil liberties, and the encroachments of the state, are rarely sudden and dramatic. It is often a subtle change of legal form here, and the deft widening of legal definitions there. And before one knows it, the overall legal regime has changed to the advantage of officials and the otherwise powerful, and all we have done is nod-along as it happens."
mouseITup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #25
figatova
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,448
figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
Congrats Figgs, hope you get your referendum and Independence, if and when this happens what will your nation be called? Castile?

Also, will it be a Republic or a Kingdom?
-Catalunya or Països Catalans if it includes all the Catalan speaking territories.

-A Republic would make sense, see Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya (ERC).
A kingdom wouldn't since we don't have a monarchy and most Catalans hate the Spanish monarchy.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #26
figatova
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,448
figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseITup View Post
Catalan parties that back a referendum are from different ends of the political spectrum. It is doubtful that the independence issue will glue them together solidly enough to make their other differences irrelevant. ERC is anything but a natural bedfellow of CiU and I can't see CiU trying to govern Catalonia with the support of the Partido Popular either as they are miles apart on the referendum issue.
That's why I think Rajoy will not do anything in the short term except pay lip service to the election result.
Their other differences are irrelevant on the referendum issue. The two major parties both agree on that.

Last edited by figatova; 11-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #27
maltesefalcon
Melite
 
maltesefalcon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MT Valletta
Posts: 2,966
maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!maltesefalcon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100
Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100 Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100 Points: 121,093,357, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
-Catalunya or Països Catalans if it includes all the Catalan speaking territories.

-A Republic would make sense, see Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya (ERC).
A kingdom wouldn't since we don't have a monarchy and most Catalans hate the Spanish monarchy.
You hate the present monarchy because you are under Spanish occupation, what about the old Kingdom of Castile, there are no heirs left?

also what do you mean by Catalan speaking territories? Is Sardegna included (they still speak Catalan there)? will you be fighting Italy for it?
maltesefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
YWAHW
LiveLeaker
 
YWAHW's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,934
YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!
Points: 417,748,762, Level: 100
Points: 417,748,762, Level: 100 Points: 417,748,762, Level: 100 Points: 417,748,762, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Default

Just think fig, if Shatalonia gains its independence you won't have to be part of the NATO alliance anymore and you can embrace your Islamic fascist ways without fear of reprisal.
YWAHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #29
figatova
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,448
figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
You hate the present monarchy because you are under Spanish occupation, what about the old Kingdom of Castile, there are no heirs left?
People don't hate the present monarchy because they think they're under Spanish occupation but because they think these leeches, regardless of country, have no place in a civilised society in 2012.
The 'Spanish occupation' term is just something I came up as a signature for these forums but it's not something anyone would think twice about.

The Kingdom of Castile was in the 11th century and is not even close to Catalonia. Regardless, I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. That we should find some long lost heir and make him/her king? lol
If you want a Kingdom that's related to our land then that would be the Kingdom of Aragón.


Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
also what do you mean by Catalan speaking territories? Is Sardegna included (they still speak Catalan there)? will you be fighting Italy for it?
No, just what's within Spain and Southern France. Catalonia, Valencia, Balearic Islands, La Franja (Aragó) and the Pyrénées-Orientales.

Last edited by figatova; 11-26-2012 at 09:28 PM.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #30
blandadrops
Omnipotent
 
blandadrops's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,765
blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!
Points: 205,669,569, Level: 100
Points: 205,669,569, Level: 100 Points: 205,669,569, Level: 100 Points: 205,669,569, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Default

Won't the spanish veto any bid for EU membership you put forward?
I believe all EU members have a right to veto the admission of new members to the union.
blandadrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 AM.