Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Member Support > Computer Hardware

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
YWAHW
LiveLeaker

YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!YWAHW is a forum GOD!!
Points: 286,665,496, Level: 100 Points: 286,665,496, Level: 100 Points: 286,665,496, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

To me sounds like the thingamajig and the dingdolangdin along with the flinbinadin is on the fritz. Better call a vet, you may just have to euthanize it. I hear dell has a new litter of laptops and pcs available.
YWAHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
k88n
Vagiterian.

k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!
Points: 351,121,095, Level: 100 Points: 351,121,095, Level: 100 Points: 351,121,095, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Um, whenever the splash screen for my motherboard come on then I know the pc will start as normal. But if i turn on my pc and the monitor stays blank then I know it will not boot up. When I start my pc first thing that happens on a good boot is all my led's on my keyboard flash, then my mouse wheel lights up then my monitor stand by flashing blue light stops flashing and stay lit, that's when my motherboard splashscreen come on and I know it will go to bios then windows starts.
Sounds like the motherboard to me, in the best scenario it's your PSU not delivering enough juice. Try putting down the load. Disconnect a couple of fans or whatnot and see how it does. Or just measure the voltages.

Do you hear any beeps during the startup? The mobo will have some standard POST beeps to indicate if something major is wrong. Consult
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If you aren't hearing anything it might indicate the mobo is fucked.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #13
ERiC_DrAyViN
"Hayden I am your father"

ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!
Points: 154,194,138, Level: 100 Points: 154,194,138, Level: 100 Points: 154,194,138, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseITup View Post
Motherboard voltage regulator on the fritz will give intermitant startup problems like this.
You know thats the part that bugs me. If it's an intermittent psu problem a psu tester could read normal voltages right? Or maybe the problem is with the motherboard itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88n View Post
Sounds like the motherboard to me, in the best scenario it's your PSU not delivering enough juice. Try putting down the load. Disconnect a couple of fans or whatnot and see how it does. Or just measure the voltages.

Do you hear any beeps during the startup? The mobo will have some standard POST beeps to indicate if something major is wrong. Consult
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If you aren't hearing anything it might indicate the mobo is fucked.
I don't hear any beeps at all no.

If the mobo is the problem is there anyway to test it?

I'm going to buy a psu tester and the fan sound is coincidence I'm sure it because i started up with the case fan humming loudly but the pc started up normally then the fan sound went after 2-3 minutes. Unless the psu is to blame for the fan sound also. who knows.

If the mobo is kapoot it's new rig time. Funny i was just thinking of it recently. I got about $2,200 and my pc is a bit old now it's 5 years old next May. Got a good run out of it. But I'd like to find the problem with this so I can sell the parts and get some money to put into a new one. Can't sell a raped mobo on ebay...lol.
"ur 1st sentence is LOL. however, according to my sources, u had something u desired to communicate regarding polonium213. unless it was the incompetent whiney gibberish from euro lib shitbag cowardly vaginas, probably, then u can address it via pm " -- Polonium213

you just don't hit a kid, especially not your own! -- meno

Last edited by ERiC_DrAyViN; 11-26-2012 at 11:29 PM.
ERiC_DrAyViN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #14
pulpist
nope!

pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!pulpist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 485,624,359, Level: 100 Points: 485,624,359, Level: 100 Points: 485,624,359, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Try vacuuming the dust and shit out of that thing.

In Case of Emergency call: 0118 649 88199 9119 725 365287.

pulpist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
k88n
Vagiterian.

k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!k88n is a forum GOD!!
Points: 351,121,095, Level: 100 Points: 351,121,095, Level: 100 Points: 351,121,095, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERiC_DrAyViN View Post
You know thats the part that bugs me. If it's an intermittent psu problem a psu tester could read normal voltages right? Or maybe the problem is with the motherboard itself.

I don't hear any beeps at all no.

If the mobo is the problem is there anyway to test it?

I'm going to buy a psu tester and the fan sound is coincidence I'm sure it because i started up with the case fan humming loudly but the pc started up normally then the fan sound went after 2-3 minutes. Unless the psu is to blame for the fan sound also. who knows.

If the mobo is kapoot it's new rig time. Funny i was just thinking of it recently. I got about $2,200 and my pc is a bit old now it's 5 years old next May. Got a good run out of it. But I'd like to find the problem with this so I can sell the parts and get some money to put into a new one. Can't sell a raped mobo on ebay...lol.
What mobo do you have. I'll check what you should hear. It could be a simple thing as a couple of caps needing replacement to major fuck up in the mobo. There is no easy way of testing mobo issues unless you have a spare mobo laying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpist View Post
Try vacuuming the dust and shit out of that thing.
Vacuuming is not wise, static electricity can really screw up shit. Especially the RAM.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
ERiC_DrAyViN

ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!ERiC_DrAyViN is a forum GOD!!
Points: 154,194,138, Level: 100 Points: 154,194,138, Level: 100 Points: 154,194,138, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88n View Post
What mobo do you have. I'll check what you should hear. It could be a simple thing as a couple of caps needing replacement to major fuck up in the mobo. There is no easy way of testing mobo issues unless you have a spare mobo laying around.

Vacuuming is not wise, static electricity can really screw up shit. Especially the RAM.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5ND/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131232

Funny i vacuum all the time every 9 months or so. Where exactly is the static coming from when vacuuming? I mean I have the actual vacuum a good bit away and the nozzle is very long. It's really weird.

Also my pc seems to start up with less tries when I pull random sata power cables out of some shit, maybe it's just a power issue I don't know it's just too inconsistent to be totally sure seems kinda random but I hope it's the psu.
"ur 1st sentence is LOL. however, according to my sources, u had something u desired to communicate regarding polonium213. unless it was the incompetent whiney gibberish from euro lib shitbag cowardly vaginas, probably, then u can address it via pm " -- Polonium213

Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
Akolade
RockBlaster...

Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!Akolade is a forum GOD!!
Points: 16,204,554, Level: 100 Points: 16,204,554, Level: 100 Points: 16,204,554, Level: 100

Insert two multi-vitamins in the USB port , and pour chicken noodle soup on the keyboard ... Call me in the morning...
Akolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
jayboulware
Santa with a twist.

jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!jayboulware is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,085,232,746, Level: 100 Points: 1,085,232,746, Level: 100 Points: 1,085,232,746, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
The last thing I did was pull the power going to one of my HDD and my pc started up properly.

These are brand new hard drives btw and it was happening with the old ones two so it's not them, also I put a brand new LP4 to 2x SATA power in and same problem as with my old one. So it's not that either.
Quote:

Also my pc seems to start up with less tries when I pull random sata power cables out of some shit, maybe it's just a power issue I don't know it's just too inconsistent to be totally sure seems kinda random but I hope it's the psu.
twice youve mentioned easier booting after messing with the sata cables. just saying...
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #19
ERiC_DrAyViN

Ok so I flashed my bios and still the same.

I still seem to be able to get it to start up when i pull out some extra sata power as jay pointed out. I just leave in the main boot disk my OS is on.

So it is definitely looking like a PSU problem afaik, although the Corsair tx750w should have been able to support my system. Can't understand how it only lasted 4.5 years. I notice how it just lasted past its warranty? Cheeky bastards!

I am going to order a new psu probably a 650w because that (excellent) power calculator moefugger linked to says my system is about 456w.

You buy a piece of hardware and spend the extra to overshoot your system to be safe and it fucks up anyway! pfft...

Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #20
k88n
Vagiterian.

Quote:
Ok so I flashed my bios and still the same.

I still seem to be able to get it to start up when i pull out some extra sata power as jay pointed out. I just leave in the main boot disk my OS is on.

So it is definitely looking like a PSU problem afaik, although the Corsair tx750w should have been able to support my system. Can't understand how it only lasted 4.5 years. I notice how it just lasted past its warranty? Cheeky bastards!

I am going to order a new psu probably a 650w because that (excellent) power calculator moefugger linked to says my system is about 456w.

You buy a piece of hardware and spend the extra to overshoot your system to be safe and it fucks up anyway! pfft...
Check out the voltage drop by load, and the PSU isn't really a Corsair, they opened up the PSU and found different brand converter inside.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2655/6

If you think you aren't anywhere near the peak load, you might have put all connections on one single feeding line. Most good PSU have 2 - 3 feeding lines to help you balance out the load on the system. Not sure if your PSU got that though. You should check the manual usually they have a nice little diagram showing you that.