Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Other conflicts

Old 10-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #11
bran
bran is GOOD for you!!!!

bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
Read an article while back that said, since 1968 the automobile has killed more people in America than ALL of America's wars combined.
That shocked me! So I checked it out, and it's true.

It does seem weird...but also makes sense.
"don't do a vietnam on us drone, stand and fight !"
!
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #12
Private-Parts
Madoodoowininiwag
Duck Tracker Champion El Emigrante Champion Alien Attack Champion

Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,621,982,820, Level: 100 Points: 1,621,982,820, Level: 100 Points: 1,621,982,820, Level: 100
Activity: 57%
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%

Quote:
Read an article while back that said, since 1968 the automobile has killed more people in America than ALL of America's wars combined.
///
I read an article that said the same about guns... and I checked it and it was true.

― George Carlin
Private-Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #13
bran
bran is GOOD for you!!!!

bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!bran is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,553,050, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private-Parts View Post
I read an article that said the same about guns... and I checked it and it was true.
Oooh you are awful..but we like you..
!
Old 10-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #14
Yorkie
LiveLeaker

Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Be nice you assholes

What are you? Fucking high!? Chill out dude.~SgtRock
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #15
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Those were some lessons learned, true enough.

Quote:

Actually we pretty much have learned some very important lessons.
The problem of military history and tactics comes from the old Napoleonic order of battle that dominated Western warfare, up to the end of WW1.
It started to fall apart with the American Civil war, with the advent of better and more deadly arms, then completely collapsed at the end of WW1, with the rapid mobility of the airplane and the tank.
It is the 1st lesson taught in an applied military history course.
The 2nd lesson is the psychology of war...but that's a different lesson, only obliquely important.
But, not nearly the most important ones.
Which are what?
Not playing when it doesn't make sense.
War for whom or for who's best interests?
Usually, not ever for those doing the actual fighting and dying.
That is what is most sad, as that lesson never gets learned or even when it's so often repeated!
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #16
bran
bran is GOOD for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
Be nice you assholes
Sorry...
!
Old 10-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
bran
bran is GOOD for you!!!!

Quote:

Actually we pretty much have learned some very important lessons.
The problem of military history and tactics comes from the old Napoleonic order of battle that dominated Western warfare, up to the end of WW1.
It started to fall apart with the American Civil war, with the advent of better and more deadly arms, then completely collapsed at the end of WW1, with the rapid mobility of the airplane and the tank.
It is the 1st lesson taught in an applied military history course.
The 2nd lesson is the psychology of war...but that's a different lesson, only obliquely important.
You just had to eh?
!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:00 AM   #18
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private-Parts View Post
Did a search for the article I saw....

http://www.progressive-economy.org/t...-0-44-million/
Old 10-12-2017, 04:11 AM   #19
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
But, not nearly the most important ones.
Which are what?
Not playing when it doesn't make sense.
War for whom or for who's best interests?
Usually, not ever for those doing the actual fighting and dying.
That is what is most sad, as that lesson never gets learned or even when it's so often repeated!
Now your talking about the psychology of war, which politics is part of.
While I was considering only the battle field tactics that hadn't changed much since the Civil War, that directly caused these types of catastrophes.
That's why I put in my last sentence.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:07 PM   #20
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Yes, I am and was, and which is the most important "lesson".

Quote:
Now your talking about the psychology of war, which politics is part of.
While I was considering only the battle field tactics that hadn't changed much since the Civil War, that directly caused these types of catastrophes.
That's why I put in my last sentence.
Yes, I am and was writing about such, and which is the most important "lesson".
I do understand that any "battle field tactics" do have to change with technology.

Now that we have nuclear weapons of mass destruction, so must both our "wars"
and our "politics" be "changed" as well to avoid mutually assured destruction and
the extinction of all higher life on this planet.

The psychology of war all begins with our own selves and with our own awareness
and our consciousness and our own morality and values or our own "lack" thereof.

The choice of life or death for all higher life on Earth is now all within our grasp.
We must all choose much more wisely than we have or it all will become extinct.
That is the real lesson that we all have failed to learn or that is most important.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote