Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Political thought / philosophy

Old 02-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default Should only taxpayers be allowed to vote?

Should only taxpayers be allowed to vote?

When Socrates and his friends were talking of voters, they were talking of land owners. In today’s terms, that means, ---- taxpayer. The core of democracy.

There are two types of citizens. The taxpayer and the taxtaker.

Once the taxpayer hands over his wealth, he loses control of where it is spent.

This is counter to the taxpayer’s wishes.

Why do taxpayers allow this situation and defer their right to spend their wealth to others?

If taxtakers had done a good job with that wealth, I do not think any would complain. That is not the case.

Should those who pay the way of our society be the ones who decide where our wealth is spent?

Since the right to do so is tied to our vote, should only taxpayers be allowed to vote on spending issues?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

I don't think so. We should be bringing down barriers not creating more barriers and further dividing our societies which plays at the hands of our politicians and against the general plebs. In any case pretty much everyone is a taxpayer in one way or another. I'd go further than that and say voting should be compulsory.

Funnily enough in our fake democracies the ones that pay the least taxes, proportionally, are the ones that have most influence in choosing our governments.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
JumpinJack
Going the distance

JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!
Points: 18,972,128, Level: 100 Points: 18,972,128, Level: 100 Points: 18,972,128, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Answer: No. The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. No.

There's so many points you've got sideways, it's hard to workout on the basis of your logic.

Time to move on
JumpinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
I don't think so. We should be bringing down barriers not creating more barriers and further dividing our societies which plays at the hands of our politicians and against the general plebs. In any case pretty much everyone is a taxpayer in one way or another. I'd go further than that and say voting should be compulsory.

Funnily enough in our fake democracies the ones that pay the least taxes, proportionally, are the ones that have most influence in choosing our governments.
Exactly. The rich who squeeze taxpayers from the top and the taxtakers who squeeze us from the bottom.

My basic view is what the law of the land in many countries was in the past was; no taxation without representation. In effect that says that if you do not pay taxes or are a taxtaker you have not earned representation through a vote. IOW, of you do not pay for representation, you do not get it.

The logic is clear. Government is a service and services are never free. The logic is thus sound.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #5
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
Answer: No. The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. No.

There's so many points you've got sideways, it's hard to workout on the basis of your logic.
Look above for the logic and stop knowing nothing.

Further. Another point is that when more and more fall into the poor categories, their vote can and is bought by the unscrupulous politicians who are elected by promises of a raise in welfare checks.

Regards
DL
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #6
JumpinJack
Going the distance

JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!JumpinJack is a forum GOD!!
Points: 18,972,128, Level: 100 Points: 18,972,128, Level: 100 Points: 18,972,128, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Look above for the logic and stop knowing nothing.

Further. Another point is that when more and more fall into the poor categories, their vote can and is bought by the unscrupulous politicians who are elected by promises of a raise in welfare checks...and the rich folks who pay taxes.

Regards
DL

Look above for what? Logic? Right. You have it all worked out. It's all about paying taxes to vote and welfare checks. Further, if it is just as simple as you make it, no wait, you just want to slam poor folks who pay taxes.

Carry on--great you are.

Kids these days...they say the darnedest things.

Time to move on
JumpinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #7
smeblee
Dumpster Diving

smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!smeblee is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,544,432, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,544,432, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,544,432, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Everybody pays tax, even the unemployed, they get taxed on benefits, and pay tax any time they purchase something..

Shit we pay for water and air here....
smeblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #8
marinemom
Every day is a gift.

marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100 Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100 Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100

If taxes were collected through consumption rather than income, almost everyone would pay taxes. Those who spent the most would pay the most. Those who spent the least would pay the least. Everyone would pay taxes, and you wouldn't even need to ask the question of whether or not taxpayers should be the only ones who can vote.
"The only racists are the Americans." - inevitab1e
marinemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #9
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemom View Post
If taxes were collected through consumption rather than income,
Look at the society you have now where you're constantly being bombarded with propaganda so you consume more and unnecessarily. Look at the society you have now where corporations are in charge of government policy to get you to consume more and increase their profits at the expense of your welfare, rights, liberty and wellbeing.
Now imagine what kind of society you would have if taxes were ONLY collected through consumption.
Even if that kind of tax collection was workable and enough to cover government spending you would be living in a pretty monstrous society.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #10
jenva
Mrs Hollow_eyes

jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!jenva is a forum GOD!!
Points: 935,632,585, Level: 100 Points: 935,632,585, Level: 100 Points: 935,632,585, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post

We have compulsory voting here, which I am happy about. Everything else you said above I agree with too.

Rube if it weren't for you, I'd be the dumbest fucker here..... don't ever go away. - The Demon.
jenva is offline   Reply With Quote