Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Rules,FAQ's and Site Support. > LL Forum Support

Old 07-29-2015, 03:52 AM   #1
philippz
LiveLeaker

philippz is in the balance
Question Chrome Unable to View Comments

I click on View Comments and it doesn't open about half the time I try on different videos. Usually the ones with lots of comments. Using Chrome 44. In the debug, the Javascript crashes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments do work in IE.
philippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:58 AM   #2
marinemom
Every day is a gift.

marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!marinemom is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100 Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100 Points: 1,153,665,183, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

I don't know how to fix it. All I tell you is that I had a problem reading Private Messages, and I tried all kinds of things to fix it - no luck. I changed from IE to Firefox and the problem was instantly gone and never came back.

I don't know anything about Chrome. I know that's not much help, but I just thought I'd tell you about it.
"The only racists are the Americans." - inevitab1e
marinemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
zero-g
Premium Member

zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippz View Post
I click on View Comments and it doesn't open about half the time I try on different videos. Usually the ones with lots of comments. Using Chrome 44. In the debug, the Javascript crashes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments do work in IE.
Just use what works.
if you don't like IE , I suggest you try firefox or Opera , or whatever other browser you are comfortable using.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:42 AM   #4
moefugger
Cygnus-X1

moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Don't use Chrome then.
moefugger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:17 AM   #5
philomath
Gettin jiggy witit

philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!philomath is a forum GOD!!
Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100 Points: 126,250,835, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:

Comments do work in IE.
I have seen a lot of script type errors with Chrome on some terminals, it usually has something with their added software peripherals, like AVs and so on that chrome does not like. Opera has acquired this quirk as well ever since it has embraced the chrome setup. Unfortunately, there are multiple issues that can cause it. Check your pugins,also addons,and you may even have to disable sandbox. I will C/P some instructions down below. It seems like it has trouble with some JS objects content if the terminal has acquired this issue.

You might also try "right" clicking on the comment number value at the bottom of the video description (number will be red) then left click on open in new tab. That should bypass most instructions in the object and minimize any conflicts that cause a fatal error in Chrome.. X out of the new tab when you are done and off you go. That is kinda why they made tabbed browsers.

C/P from allover..
Instructions
Create a desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome application, if you do not already have one. To do this, click the Windows "Start" button and then click "All Programs." Locate the "Google Chrome" option and then drag the option link from its current location and drop onto the desktop. Click "OK." The new shortcut is created.

Right-click on the shortcut, and click "Properties."

Click the "Shortcut" tab.

Type " --no-sandbox" (without quotes) after the path to the application in the "Target" input box. Make sure to include one space between the EXE portion of the path and the first hyphen in "--no-sandbox." Click "OK." This switch disables the sandbox when you launch Google Chrome using the new shortcut.

Click the new shortcut to open Google Chrome with the sandbox disabled.

Have a great day..

Waves to all

Philo..

~And The Beat Goes On~
philomath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:52 AM   #6
Tinbuk3
still winning

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Unless your familiar with developer tools I'm afraid pointing you to a video would be useless.
However,Chrome browser forums would be a better source for you to poke around it maybe they have something you can use.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome

Then again if you are using a new account there is the possibility comments have been closed to you for a period of time to help stem the tide of flooding comments.
Not sure what the wait period is anymore.

Last edited by Tinbuk3; 08-01-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Tinbuk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Quote:

Comments do work in IE.
Re-install.

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Abraham Lincoln
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote