Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Science

Old 01-29-2017, 01:23 AM   #1
the demon
Smiley Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
Thumbs up James Webb Telescope nears deployment

Quote:

The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), previously known as Next Generation Space Telescope (NGST), is a part of NASA's ongoing Flagship program. It is under construction and scheduled to launch in October 2018. JWST's capabilities will enable a broad range of investigations across the fields of astronomy and cosmology.[5] One particular goal involves observing some of the most distant events and objects in the Universe, such as the formation of the first galaxies. These types of targets are beyond the reach of current ground and space-based instruments. Another goal is understanding the formation of stars and planets. This will include direct imaging of exoplanets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...pace_Telescope
James Webb Telescope. Think 'Hubble' X's 100. Capable of seeing light from the beginning of our very universe and answering some of the questions mankind has wondered for centuries. I sometimes wonder if folks realize how big this is. It's fucking HUGE man! wtf is wrong with you people.

Think about the direct images of many exoplanets and other solar systems. The first light from the very first galaxies after the big bang, and in unprecedented detail that will make Hubble look like an amateur.

This is a bad ass little piece of technology and i have been waiting for this bastard to launch forever. Launch day is gonna be tense as fuck. If NASA blows this thing up during launch, i'm unfriending them from FB, YT, Twitter, and they'll NEVER get another like from me for the rest of time. I will fucking boycott them and add Russia's space agency to my feed.

Last edited by the demon; 01-29-2017 at 01:27 AM.
the demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:31 AM   #2
Velhalla
son of god

Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by the demon View Post
James Webb Telescope. Think 'Hubble' X's 100. Capable of seeing light from the beginning of our very universe and answering some of the questions mankind has wondered for centuries. I sometimes wonder if folks realize how big this is. It's fucking HUGE man! wtf is wrong with you people.

Think about the direct images of many exoplanets and other solar systems. The first light from the very first galaxies after the big bang, and in unprecedented detail that will make Hubble look like an amateur.

This is a bad ass little piece of technology and i have been waiting for this bastard to launch forever. Launch day is gonna be tense as fuck. If NASA blows this thing up during launch, i'm unfriending them from FB, YT, Twitter, and they'll NEVER get another like from me for the rest of time. I will fucking boycott them and add Russia's space agency to my feed.
What good is it to see the beginning of the universe, most people arent even happy being at the active edge of the universe?

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles
Velhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:38 AM   #3
the demon
Smiley Extremist
Alien Commander Champion Brighton Bounty Champion Fishwater Challenge Champion Fish Kill Champion Barts Watersports Adventure Champion Fishing the Sea Champion

the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!the demon is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,561,616, Level: 100

An image depicting our current deep field capabilities of today, and how far JWT will be able to see in comparison.
cosmic_timeline.jpg
Old 01-29-2017, 01:44 AM   #4
the demon
Smiley Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
What good is it to see the beginning of the universe, most people arent even happy being at the active edge of the universe?
Who knows. It may find a planet full of masculine parthenogenetic Aryan men riding dragons and shit. Does that not appeal to you?

Then we'll figure out how to send you there.Agree.gif
Old 01-29-2017, 01:47 AM   #5
Velhalla
son of god

Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100

Quote:
Who knows. It may find a planet full of masculine parthenogenetic Aryan's riding dragons and shit. Does that not appeal to you?

Then we'll figure out how to send you there.Attachment 147340
I am riding a dragon, a fire dragon of love, fire in motion, a swastika.

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles
Old 01-29-2017, 01:56 AM   #6
moefugger
Cygnus-X1

moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!moefugger is a forum GOD!!
Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100 Points: 989,537,196, Level: 100
Activity: 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Your Sybian painted with flames does not count.
moefugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:01 AM   #7
Velhalla
son of god

You dont need a telescope to see that the universe is just fire in motion, you can feel it, pure burning love.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:17 AM   #8
the demon
Smiley Extremist

Quote:
You dont need a telescope to see that the universe is just fire in motion, you can feel it, pure burning love.
Whatever Mr. hippie. But i'd rather see it for myself through a telescope. With that attitude, Galileo would have just bought into everyone's bullshit, never theorized Heliocentrism, and we'd been set back by a century.

No more fire water for you, young warrior. No (fingerwag).gif
Old 01-29-2017, 02:27 AM   #9
Velhalla
son of god

Quote:
Whatever Mr. hippie. But i'd rather see it for myself through a telescope. With that attitude, Galileo would have just bought into everyone's bullshit, never theorized Heliocentrism, and we'd been set back by a century.

No more fire water for you, young warrior. Attachment 147342
Ancient Aryans mapped the movement of the stars and planets long before Gayleo. Ffs our religious symbol is a spinning galaxy.

Last edited by Velhalla; 01-29-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:55 AM   #10
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
I remember not long ago you told us that Arian Ruskies would soon be buzzing around the universe at the speed of light
Laughable as that statement is it still contradicts the stand you are taking here
At least get your Arian fantasies in some kind of a coherent story line dude