Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > North America

Old 05-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #21
jt88
LiveLeaker

jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!jt88 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 14,641,201, Level: 100 Points: 14,641,201, Level: 100 Points: 14,641,201, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Don't bash the Coastguard, those guys have some balls of steel to fly in the conditions they fly in. We don't fly in anything as bad, I have nothing but respect for their pilots.
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
~ Thomas Jefferson
jt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #22
kasheku
LiveLeaker

kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

anyone bashing the Coast Guard should firmly hold a ratchet in their hand and thrust it up their anus
kasheku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #23
deathmode
LiveLeaker

deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!
Points: 3,912,481, Level: 100 Points: 3,912,481, Level: 100 Points: 3,912,481, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt88 View Post
Don't bash the Coastguard, those guys have some balls of steel to fly in the conditions they fly in. We don't fly in anything as bad, I have nothing but respect for their pilots.
I never bashed the CG. I even said they are great at what they do. What I am talking about is funding.

Did you look at the top 10 Video? It spans like 40 years and a lot of it is saving morons. Recreational lake accident hitting another boat? Someone told to leave during Katrina who can't swim? The storm was heading straight for the city! I was there. If you had 60 IQ points you left town.

I would put some of their funding towards keeping illegals out. That is a much more serious threat to this country that boating accidents in a lake and saving people instructed to leave a city but refuse. If you disagree great. I think in terms of saving lives big picture. Illegals do a lot more damage to US citizens.
deathmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #24
twright55
Monster

twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
I don't think I'm alone, in fact I bet I'm in the majority, that thinks he's a mental midget. BUT, he's got an agenda that a lot of people like and the personality to burn DC to the ground while exposing the left for the lunatic fringe they are and the phony, pandering Rinos.
Exactly.
EXCEPT, I don't think he's stupid. He has some kind of issue, though. I think he is in the habit of going with his gut in the moment (cuz I guess it's worked for him all this time) without thinking enough steps ahead.

Last edited by twright55; 05-18-2017 at 12:22 AM.
twright55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:35 AM   #25
Sportster
Incontenant LiveLeaker

Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!
Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twright55 View Post
Exactly.
EXCEPT, I don't think he's stupid. He has some kind of issue, though. I think he is in the habit of going with his gut in the moment (cuz I guess it's worked for him all this time) without thinking enough steps ahead.
Perhaps stupid is a bit of a stretch, but, something I've found to be true, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is intelligence, both intellectual and emotional, is not a prerequisite to success. Over the course of my teaching career, I saw time and time again, kids, who were bright as hell, end up in some mondain, paper-pushing position while their contemporaries, who lacked the intellectual prowess of their brighter peers,yet had tons of balls and guile, become, in some cases, unbelievably successful. But, back to Trump, I, and again, I don't don't think I'm alone, don't like him, yet I support his agenda, hence, my vote for him. Would I want one of my kids to end up? No way. He's about as shallow and self-centered as it gets.
Sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:38 AM   #26
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twright55 View Post
Exactly.
I'm going to go with the Scott Adams type explanation in regards to Trump going with his gut.

I'll explain it with this example. Trump said at the Coast Guard graduation that he is the politician that has been treated the worst in history. There are at least five lame stream media outlets reporting on that as headline news with some variation of "Trump is not the worst treated politician in history, just look at these five examples.".

What the lamestream articles are doing, but failing to realize, is reinforcing the narrative that Trump is being treated poorly by the media and that yes, D.C. treats outsiders poorly. The lamestream media may be right that strictly speaking in an academic sense, there are politicians that have been treated worse, but what they're really doing is, is proving Trump's point that's he's treated unfairly.

You're a smart guy twright and you are obviously a professional and probably spend your time around well educated professionals like yourself. I'm not knocking that at all. But 75% of this country are not trained academics and don't care a wit about the precision of a statement if the overall claim is accurate. That's where Trump's message goes right through the media narratives.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #27
Sportster
Incontenant LiveLeaker

Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!
Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasheku View Post
anyone bashing the Coast Guard should firmly hold a ratchet in their hand and thrust it up their anus
Yup - sideways

I don't live far from the academy and when I sail, there's a shitload of comfort knowing those guys a right around the corner. They have a huge presence around the subbase in New London.

Last edited by Sportster; 05-18-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:03 AM   #28
deathmode
LiveLeaker

deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!deathmode is a forum GOD!!
Points: 3,912,481, Level: 100 Points: 3,912,481, Level: 100 Points: 3,912,481, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
Yup - sideways

I don't live far from the academy and when I sail, there's a shitload of comfort knowing those guys a right around the corner. They have a huge presence around the subbase in New London.
I have been there and they do. Big picture though, it cost a lot of money so save an small percentage of boaters. If the goal is to save lives I assure you, a portion of their funding could be shifted to save a lot more lives. Put it into the murder problems in Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, keeping illegal aliens out.

Again, nobody on here is bashing the Coast Guard but I am bashing the funding. Some of it should be shifted if the goal is to save lives.
deathmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 AM   #29
Sportster
Incontenant LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmode View Post
I have been there and they do. Big picture though, it cost a lot of money so save an small percentage of boaters. If the goal is to save lives I assure you, a portion of their funding could be shifted to save a lot more lives. Put it into the murder problems in Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, keeping illegal aliens out.

Again, nobody on here is bashing the Coast Guard but I am bashing the funding. Some of it should be shifted if the goal is to save lives.
The coast Guard does a lot more than just help small boaters. They are a presence world-wide. They even patroled inland waterways during the veitnam war.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:23 AM   #30
twright55
Monster

twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
I'm going to go with the Scott Adams type explanation in regards to Trump going with his gut.

I'll explain it with this example. Trump said at the Coast Guard graduation that he is the politician that has been treated the worst in history. There are at least five lame stream media outlets reporting on that as headline news with some variation of "Trump is not the worst treated politician in history, just look at these five examples.".

What the lamestream articles are doing, but failing to realize, is reinforcing the narrative that Trump is being treated poorly by the media and that yes, D.C. treats outsiders poorly. The lamestream media may be right that strictly speaking in an academic sense, there are politicians that have been treated worse, but what they're really doing is, is proving Trump's point that's he's treated unfairly.

You're a smart guy twright and you are obviously a professional and probably spend your time around well educated professionals like yourself. I'm not knocking that at all. But 75% of this country are not trained academics and don't care a wit about the precision of a statement if the overall claim is accurate. That's where Trump's message goes right through the media narratives.
Oh, agree. There is a fundamental, underlying TRUTH in a lot of what Trump says (and often truths that others are afraid to say.) But then, with sloppy, poorly thought out language, he leaves himself open for criticism, which the media exploits to maximum effect. Crucifying him on the technicalities, rather than examining the underlying realities.
Whereas the media seems to LOVE the 'intellectualism' of the cold, calculated lies and fundamental UNtruths told by the likes of the Clintons, because they manage to cloak those fundamental untruths in sophisticated lawyerly language that is harder to penetrate...as if that were something to admire.
Talk about moral bankruptcy...