Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > On Topic Discussion

Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
Tinbuk3
still winning

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Vegetarian is an Indian word .. means lousy hunter.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
littlebuzz
Imagineer

littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!littlebuzz is a forum GOD!!
Points: 217,749,135, Level: 100 Points: 217,749,135, Level: 100 Points: 217,749,135, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Another way in which vegetarians are hypocrites.

Why is it?
When you invite a vegetarian over for dinner they expect you to provide some sort of vegetarian substitute for the main course. Yet if you go to their house for dinner they don't offer you a meaty substitute for whatever-it-is-they-made-out-of-soy.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
UKatheist
mad as a clowns tadger

UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!UKatheist is a forum GOD!!
Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100 Points: 743,894,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbuk3 View Post
Vegetarian is an Indian word .. means lousy hunter.
I thought it translated as "The village idiot"
Who are you ? Do not bark out of his booth!
UKatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
Kristen213
LiveLeaker

Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,875,981,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,875,981,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,875,981,219, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
How many thousands of years? The proto Indo-Europeans had been meat eaters for 20,000 years. Giant catfish caught in the Volga in Russia, Donets, Dnieper and Bug rivers in Ukraine made up 70% of their meat intake while horses and deer made up the rest, after they were introduced to cattle by Afro-Asiatic tribes making their way into Europe they quickly became cattle worshipers. Fermented milk(kefir) beef and horse meat then became their mainstay as they moved off the rivers and into the steppes.BTW Veles(Vala) the god of the underworld was the god of cattle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans
2500 years, probably more. Buddha was a vegetarian and was born a Hindu around 500 BCE. The Vedas and Mahabarata were written well before him and talk about not killing animals for food. And in the Vedas it's written in Sanskrit that what "me eat" in this lifetime will "eat me" in the next.
Kristen213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
Velhalla
son of god

Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen213 View Post
2500 years, probably more. Buddha was a vegetarian and was born a Hindu around 500 BCE. The Vedas and Mahabarata were written well before him and talk about not killing animals for food. And in the Vedas it's written in Sanskrit that what "me eat" in this lifetime will "eat me" in the next.
Most of Indias vegetarians also consume milk, ghee, yogurt, kefir and cheese. Milk is holy to Indians much like it is to Mongols who've adopted Aryan culture. Also Indias Scythians who converted to vegetarianism were pushed out of much of Afghanistan and Pakistan by much hardier meat eating Pashtuns(White Huns) coming out of Mongolia.

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles

Last edited by Velhalla; 10-24-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Velhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Stantorr
LiveLeaker

Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!Stantorr is a forum GOD!!
Points: 23,355,891, Level: 100 Points: 23,355,891, Level: 100 Points: 23,355,891, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Nah... BUT, the day I'll hear a head of letuce cry, I might change opinion.

It really looks like a healthy lifestyle. I could probably reduce my animal protein intake, but not stop eating it altogether..... Mmmmm which reminds me of the beef jerky batch I'm about to prepare.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #17
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

I think vegetarians are for the most part self indulgent urbanites comfortable enough with their level of material wealth and bored enough with what passes for their lives' most pressing issues that they have decided to make choosing what they do or do not eat a major focus of attention and effort in their lives. It's a hobby, a topic of conversation, a political statement, a moral stance, an expression of individuality, and a superior neediness (like the Princess in the folk tale The Princess And The Pea, the vegetarian's psyche cannot bear the moral challenge of eating a fellow animal just as the Princess' delicate skin cannot bear the pressure of a single dried pea underneath her while she sleeps...no matter how many mattresses lie between her and the pea).

The human digestive system will process an amazing variety of foodstuffs, and possibly no other omnivore on Earth eats a greater range of material: from whale blubber to fungi to sea urchin and insects, reptiles, amphibians, roots, berries, nuts, eggs, and pork cracklings, to fermented vegetables and beyond. With the exception of common grass, if it is digestible at all then we eat it. So if a person decides to specialize, and avoid whole categories of food intake (such as meat), they can do that and live a healthy life. Yet, as the OP points out, unless a person eats only carrion and carrion byproducts, they will be consuming some live organism---including plants, and there goes their supposed moral superiority.

Life feeds upon life. It's how the entire pyramid of life is constructed. There's nothing wrong with that.
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME

Last edited by ericredbeard; 10-25-2012 at 03:14 AM.
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #18
Kristen213
LiveLeaker

Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!Kristen213 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,875,981,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,875,981,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,875,981,219, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
Most of Indias vegetarians also consume milk, ghee, yogurt, kefir and cheese. Milk is holy to Indians much like it is to Mongols who've adopted Aryan culture. Also Indias Scythians who converted to vegetarianism were pushed out of much of Afghanistan and Pakistan by much hardier meat eating Pashtuns(White Huns) coming out of Mongolia.
They weren't vegans so eating cheese, drinking milk etc. wasn't opposed to the ideology. As for them being taken over by the stronger meat eaters, it could also be true that being more nonviolent and peaceful, they were easily conquered. That's how the chinese overthrew the tibetans, had little to do with being carnivores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
I think vegetarians are for the most part self indulgent urbanites comfortable enough with their level of material wealth and bored enough with what passes for their lives' most pressing issues that they have decided to make choosing what they do or do not eat a major focus of attention and effort in their lives. It's a hobby, a topic of conversation, a political statement, a moral stance, an expression of individuality, and a superior neediness (like the Princess in the folk tale The Princess And The Pea, the vegetarian's psyche cannot bear the moral challenge of eating a fellow animal just as the Princess' delicate skin cannot bear the pressure of a single dried pea underneath her while she sleeps...no matter how many mattresses lie between her and the pea).

The human digestive system will process an amazing variety of foodstuffs, and possibly no other omnivore on Earth eats a greater range of material: from whale blubber to fungi to sea urchin and insects, reptiles, amphibians, roots, berries, nuts, eggs, and pork cracklings, to fermented vegetables and beyond. With the exception of common grass, if it is digestible at all then we eat it. So if a person decides to specialize, and avoid whole categories of food intake (such as meat), they can do that and live a healthy life. Yet, as the OP points out, unless a person eats only carrion and carrion byproducts, they will be consuming some live organism---including plants, and there goes their supposed moral superiority.

Life feeds upon life. It's how the entire pyramid of life is constructed. There's nothing wrong with that.
What I see is carnivores who are more defensive and upset that anyone would live without eating meat, maybe it bothers them because they know intrinsically that they are doing harm to other animals and feel guilty, but just can't admit it. Vegetarianism has existed for at least 2,500 years, well before modern convenience allowed city dwellers to live like that. In my experience meat eaters are much more into forcing their viewpoint and trying to silence any other opinions. On LL alone, I've seen lots of anti-vegetarian threads
but not a single one by a vegetarian trying to force their views down anyone's throat. I only reply in response to these posts because obviously you guys want to have a debate with someone who doesn't agree with you, or else it would be preaching to the choir.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #19
Kristen213
LiveLeaker

And I'm not against hunting or small family farms, btw. Besides having seen a few too many videos that were disturbing, the day I really quit eating meat was when I was driving next to a truck full of cattle and had eye contact with one of them looking out at me, so sad. I still can't get that image out of my head. Call me a softy or whatever, but I saw what i saw and that cow was sad, scared and I love not just animals, but people too.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
Tinbuk3
still winning

Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!Tinbuk3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,465, Level: 100
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen213 View Post
They weren't vegans so eating cheese, drinking milk etc. wasn't opposed to the ideology. As for them being taken over by the stronger meat eaters, it could also be true that being more nonviolent and peaceful, they were easily conquered. That's how the chinese overthrew the tibetans, had little to do with being carnivores.

What I see is carnivores who are more defensive and upset that anyone would live without eating meat, maybe it bothers them because they know intrinsically that they are doing harm to other animals and feel guilty, but just can't admit it. Vegetarianism has existed for at least 2,500 years, well before modern convenience allowed city dwellers to live like that. In my experience meat eaters are much more into forcing their viewpoint and trying to silence any other opinions. On LL alone, I've seen lots of anti-vegetarian threads
but not a single one by a vegetarian trying to force their views down anyone's throat. I only reply in response to these posts because obviously you guys want to have a debate with someone who doesn't agree with you, or else it would be preaching to the choir.

What are you implying I'm what? More negatively aggressive because I eat meat?

May as well say eating vegetables decreases the ability to read emotional response.

Though .. never mind.