Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > General Military Discussion

Old 02-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #51
lipskip
Fucking Up The Program

lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!lipskip is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,536,560, Level: 100
Activity: 93%
Activity: 93% Activity: 93% Activity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisisnotChad View Post
Let me tell you about Houston. They told me over the phone that I'm white and couldn't sell anything at our largest airport. How's that for bullshit.
I do believe that was the unspoken sentiment at the zoning thingy I went to, the guy on the board in the dashiki (sp?) scowling at us not helping the perception. Lemme clarify my actual thoughts on this though, I don't see what we had happen as being a racist thing necessarily because the board did have a couple of white folk on it, I just think the overall crookedness of it for anyone not 'in the know' didn't necessarily disappoint the dude in the dashiki. Didn't really get a bad vibe from the other black folks, just him. Either way, we weren't led to believe it was some sort of policy or something about racial quotas, we were just given cold assed 'no's' with no explanation and blank stares. Seeing vendors (didn't catch the race of these people) in the spots we picked later on just told me those spots have a 'price', as they were definitely available and 'unpicked' when we went before the board. If you're doing one of those 'steam carts' or kiosks or whatever, you get a generic mobile permit to sell anywhere it's not specifically prohibited, but you need a location specific permit for the full blown truck like we had picked out. Whatever.

Just called my buddy from back in the day with the new joint. Waiting on a call back. I figure I'll hit him with a proposal that I can wait tables part time or do whatever other jobs they need for nothing or next to nothing or for a shift meal or whatever, in return for some knowledge about the business end of getting something going. I'm not even going to try to conceptualize what I'll do, but it'll be small, and as low of an investment risk as I can pull off and not be totally half assed. And it'll have to be something like a snowball or put beef stand that I can start off just on the weekends as I need mah full time j-o-b.

This has been a really therapeutic thread Chad. Thanks for the encouragement.

Here's my buddy's joint if you're interested, I know Texas is the revered home of BBQ....

http://www.citypaper.com/eat/smoke-b...216-story.html

https://m.facebook.com/hickorysmokedgoodness/
Old 02-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #52
ThisisnotChad
LiveLeaker

ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!ThisisnotChad is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100 Points: 1,414,591,661, Level: 100
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipskip View Post
I do believe that was the unspoken sentiment at the zoning thingy I went to, the guy on the board in the dashiki (sp?) scowling at us not helping the perception. Lemme clarify my actual thoughts on this though, I don't see what we had happen as being a racist thing necessarily because the board did have a couple of white folk on it, I just think the overall crookedness of it for anyone not 'in the know' didn't necessarily disappoint the dude in the dashiki. Didn't really get a bad vibe from the other black folks, just him. Either way, we weren't led to believe it was some sort of policy or something about racial quotas, we were just given cold assed 'no's' with no explanation and blank stares. Seeing vendors (didn't catch the race of these people) in the spots we picked later on just told me those spots have a 'price', as they were definitely available and 'unpicked' when we went before the board. If you're doing one of those 'steam carts' or kiosks or whatever, you get a generic mobile permit to sell anywhere it's not specifically prohibited, but you need a location specific permit for the full blown truck like we had picked out. Whatever.

Just called my buddy from back in the day with the new joint. Waiting on a call back. I figure I'll hit him with a proposal that I can wait tables part time or do whatever other jobs they need for nothing or next to nothing or for a shift meal or whatever, in return for some knowledge about the business end of getting something going. I'm not even going to try to conceptualize what I'll do, but it'll be small, and as low of an investment risk as I can pull off and not be totally half assed. And it'll have to be something like a snowball or put beef stand that I can start off just on the weekends as I need mah full time j-o-b.

This has been a really therapeutic thread Chad. Thanks for the encouragement.

Here's my buddy's joint if you're interested, I know Texas is the revered home of BBQ....

http://www.citypaper.com/eat/smoke-b...216-story.html

https://m.facebook.com/hickorysmokedgoodness/
Good shit man!

The guy who told me that was white, he's just going by the rules, I know it was nothing personal. Regardless, it's amazing that a vendor comes in at a lower price which is better for the consumer with a better quality product and they are forced to turn it down.

The Taliban decimated the virgin 6 year old community... we all suffer - Dat

Being an atheist is not a choice. It's a default state of mind.
ThisisnotChad is offline   Reply With Quote