Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Entertainment > Movies and Television

Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default American Anarchist

It's basically an interview of the guy who authored the Anarchist's Cookbook.

tldw:

He took the money and sold his rights and regrets writing the book and wants it out of print. Has no clue at all about the number of half-baked terrorists have used his book to commit atrocities. Probably because he doesn't want to know. He hasn't taken legal steps to end the publishing or printing of the book cause he couldn't be arsed to spend money on a lawyer even though he has a very good case to end it's publication.

Not recommended:

If you want to see an aging expat hippy who is still a lefty jerk try to defend his role in publishing a book that made terrorism easy, watch it.

If not, lefty is lefty and academia is lefty moral of the story.

Available on Netflix.

Bonus: It shows a Hitler is Nixon sign from the 1960's. It also shows a chalkening before chalkening was coined of Vive Che on a main thouroughfare in Chicago. Check: yep, lefties think anyone who is a Republican is literally Hitler and Che chic is their thing despite Che being a mass murderer.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly

Last edited by Aquina1300; 08-27-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

He died last year,

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/a...iter-dies.html

The movie American Anarchist, a documentary about him, broke the news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/m...view.html?_r=0

Not related to the 2002 indi romanic comedy with the same title as the book.

Yeah, it seems he was in denial and disconnect his whole life about the influence his book had, and only till the end of his life did it come to haunt him.

'I have recently been made aware of several websites that focus on The Anarchist Cookbook. As the author of the original publication some 30 plus years ago, it is appropriate for me to comment.The Anarchist Cookbook was written during 1968 and part of 1969 soon after I graduated from high school. At the time, I was 19 years old and the Vietnam War and the so-called "counter culture movement" were at their height. I was involved in the anti-war movement and attended numerous peace rallies and demonstrations. The book, in many respects, was a misguided product of my adolescent anger at the prospect of being drafted and sent to Vietnam to fight in a war that I did not believe in.
I conducted the research for the manuscript on my own, primarily at the New York City Public Library. Most of the contents were gleaned from Military and Special Forces Manuals. I was not member of any radical group of either a left or right wing persuasion.
I submitted the manuscript directly to a number of publishers without the help or advice of an agent. Ultimately, it was accepted by Lyle Stuart Inc. and was published verbatim - without editing - in early 1970. Contrary to what is the normal custom, the copyright for the book was taken out in the name of the publisher rather than the author. I did not appreciate the significance of this at the time and would only come to understand it some years later when I requested that the book be taken out of print.
The central idea to the book was that violence is an acceptable means to bring about political change. I no longer agree with this.
Apparently in recent years, The Anarchist Cookbook has seen a number of 'copy cat' type publications, some with remarkably similar titles (Anarchist Cookbook II, III etc). I am not familiar with these publications and cannot comment upon them. I can say that the original Anarchist Cookbook has not been revised or updated in any way by me since it was first published.
During the years that followed its publication, I went to university, married, became a father and a teacher of adolescents. These developments had a profound moral and spiritual effect on me. I found that I no longer agreed with what I had written earlier and I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the ideas that I had put my name to. In 1976 I became a confirmed Anglican Christian and shortly thereafter I wrote to Lyle Stuart Inc. explaining that I no longer held the views that were expressed in the book and requested that The Anarchist Cookbook be taken out of print. The response from the publisher was that the copyright was in his name and therefore such a decision was his to make - not the author's. In the early 1980's, the rights for the book were sold to another publisher. I have had no contact with that publisher (other than to request that the book be taken out of print) and I receive no royalties.
Unfortunately, the book continues to be in print and with the advent of the Internet several websites dealing with it have emerged. I want to state categorically that I am not in agreement with the contents of The Anarchist Cookbook and I would be very pleased (and relieved) to see its publication discontinued. I consider it to be a misguided and potentially dangerous publication which should be taken out of print.
William Powell'

The legal copyright to the book has changed hands once again, sometime after 9/11, and is still in print; but is all over the internet.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Pandora's box once opened....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntBulb View Post
He died last year,

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/a...iter-dies.html

The movie American Anarchist, a documentary about him, broke the news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/m...view.html?_r=0

Not related to the 2002 indi romanic comedy with the same title as the book.

Yeah, it seems he was in denial and disconnect his whole life about the influence his book had, and only till the end of his life did it come to haunt him.

'I have recently been made aware of several websites that focus on The Anarchist Cookbook. As the author of the original publication some 30 plus years ago, it is appropriate for me to comment.The Anarchist Cookbook was written during 1968 and part of 1969 soon after I graduated from high school. At the time, I was 19 years old and the Vietnam War and the so-called "counter culture movement" were at their height. I was involved in the anti-war movement and attended numerous peace rallies and demonstrations. The book, in many respects, was a misguided product of my adolescent anger at the prospect of being drafted and sent to Vietnam to fight in a war that I did not believe in.
I conducted the research for the manuscript on my own, primarily at the New York City Public Library. Most of the contents were gleaned from Military and Special Forces Manuals. I was not member of any radical group of either a left or right wing persuasion.
I submitted the manuscript directly to a number of publishers without the help or advice of an agent. Ultimately, it was accepted by Lyle Stuart Inc. and was published verbatim - without editing - in early 1970. Contrary to what is the normal custom, the copyright for the book was taken out in the name of the publisher rather than the author. I did not appreciate the significance of this at the time and would only come to understand it some years later when I requested that the book be taken out of print.
The central idea to the book was that violence is an acceptable means to bring about political change. I no longer agree with this.
Apparently in recent years, The Anarchist Cookbook has seen a number of 'copy cat' type publications, some with remarkably similar titles (Anarchist Cookbook II, III etc). I am not familiar with these publications and cannot comment upon them. I can say that the original Anarchist Cookbook has not been revised or updated in any way by me since it was first published.
During the years that followed its publication, I went to university, married, became a father and a teacher of adolescents. These developments had a profound moral and spiritual effect on me. I found that I no longer agreed with what I had written earlier and I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the ideas that I had put my name to. In 1976 I became a confirmed Anglican Christian and shortly thereafter I wrote to Lyle Stuart Inc. explaining that I no longer held the views that were expressed in the book and requested that The Anarchist Cookbook be taken out of print. The response from the publisher was that the copyright was in his name and therefore such a decision was his to make - not the author's. In the early 1980's, the rights for the book were sold to another publisher. I have had no contact with that publisher (other than to request that the book be taken out of print) and I receive no royalties.
Unfortunately, the book continues to be in print and with the advent of the Internet several websites dealing with it have emerged. I want to state categorically that I am not in agreement with the contents of The Anarchist Cookbook and I would be very pleased (and relieved) to see its publication discontinued. I consider it to be a misguided and potentially dangerous publication which should be taken out of print.
William Powell'

The legal copyright to the book has changed hands once again, sometime after 9/11, and is still in print; but is all over the internet.
It leaves only "hope" behind.
Just like the Hydrogen bomb.
The best move is not to play.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #4
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
It leaves only "hope" behind.
Just like the Hydrogen bomb.
The best move is not to play.
That's a moral and ethical conundrum humanity has had from time immemorial.
"If I don't do it, someone else will, so I better get there first."

Another way to explain it is
"Vanity, all is Vanity."

I could go on and on, but I think you get my drift.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
Skwint_hed
Adored

Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!
Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100 Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100 Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

people do stupid things when young
Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #6
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwint_hed View Post
people do stupid things when young
Yep, they sure do.

This guy however, was fine with taking credit for the Anarchist's Cookbook when it suited him and progressives applauded him. He failed to ever own up to how many lives it cost.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #7
Skwint_hed
Adored

Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!Skwint_hed is a forum GOD!!
Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100 Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100 Points: 319,195,679, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
Yep, they sure do.

This guy however, was fine with taking credit for the Anarchist's Cookbook when it suited him and progressives applauded him. He failed to ever own up to how many lives it cost.
some stuoid people never grow up to become responsible adults either.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #8
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Default Yes, I do get your drift.

Quote:
That's a moral and ethical conundrum humanity has had from time immemorial.
"If I don't do it, someone else will, so I better get there first."

Another way to explain it is
"Vanity, all is Vanity."

I could go on and on, but I think you get my drift.
Yes, I do get your drift.
I agree.
The moral and ethical problem is much more severe now though,
due to "our advanced technology that can destroy all higher life".

We must find a way to advance our morality and ethics just as
much and soon, now, or "all of humanity" will just all go extinct.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 10-09-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:36 AM   #9
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
Yes, I do get your drift.
I agree.
The moral and ethical problem is much more severe now though,
due to "our advanced technology that can destroy all higher life".

We must find a way to advance our morality and ethics just as
much and soon, now, or "all of humanity" will just all go extinct.
As you know, all Western polity and society, in morality and ethics, for the last 200+ years, has become more and more relative in discourse.
Yet if you look to the distant past, we aren't any 'better', most probably worse. I give you the Persians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chins, Mongols.
Anthropologist, Sociologist, and Futurist, are all over the gambit.
Either the human race will go extinct from accidental or statistical extinction of most life by our own hubris, or from a cosmic accident! OR
we're advancing to an evolutionary node where we 'transcend', whatever that means.
The problem is, we are inside this process, this evolution.
So we cannot see past the front of our own nose.
All we see is what is behind us in our own life, and that is biased, relative, by our own memory, imperfect as it is.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #10
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Default Yes, but the choice to be or not to be is up to us alone!

Quote:
As you know, all Western polity and society, in morality and ethics, for the last 200+ years, has become more and more relative in discourse.
Yet if you look to the distant past, we aren't any 'better', most probably worse. I give you the Persians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chins, Mongols.
Anthropologist, Sociologist, and Futurist, are all over the gambit.
Either the human race will go extinct from accidental or statistical extinction of most life by our own hubris, or from a cosmic accident! OR
we're advancing to an evolutionary node where we 'transcend', whatever that means.
The problem is, we are inside this process, this evolution.
So we cannot see past the front of our own nose.
All we see is what is behind us in our own life, and that is biased, relative, by our own memory, imperfect as it is.
If you do not learn how to consciously evolve this consciousness or self-awareness,
history repeats towards extinction.
That is why truth is so important and the facts.
If denied or distorted deliberately by malice or ignorance the path leads either up,
towards apotheosis, or downwards towards extinction.
That choice is ours alone.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 10-10-2017 at 06:18 PM.