Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Political thought / philosophy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2017, 01:33 AM   #11
3rd3y3
PUMPMASTER
 
3rd3y3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Do not resuscitate
Posts: 14,417
3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100
Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100 Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100 Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgy View Post
Way too much
dude, i forsee some old asshole whit his finger on the button is gonna blow up the whole damn solar system within our lifetime.

ya, might as well better get right with your maker, now
3rd3y3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #12
3rd3y3
PUMPMASTER
 
3rd3y3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Do not resuscitate
Posts: 14,417
3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!3rd3y3 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100
Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100 Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100 Points: 1,527,409,692, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
Default

and if it isn't a a big bang,

as your attorney, i'll advise you, we will go out with mutually assured mutations
3rd3y3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 AM   #13
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl
 
ericredbeard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: lost in translation
Posts: 12,561
ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
Default

LOL at the idea that honor will prevent war of any kind. The concept of honor has been used to justify all the acts of war (including starting one) since war became organized beyond the level of one clan of cavemen pillaging another clan's cave.

It is easy to set undisciplined criminals on a murderous rampage, but that kind of violence is inadequate in the face of violent murderous rampage applied tactically and strategically by intelligent, disciplined individuals willing to put their own lives in danger for a cause greater than themselves and their own desires. In order to encourage people who are otherwise decent, disciplined and constructive to apply this destructive murderous rampage through themselves with their utmost energy and dedication in strategic and tactical fashion, no other motivation is as effective as appeals to "honor". No man wanting to call himself "good" can turn his back on "honor". Honor is a lever to exhort or shame people into doing (or not doing) whatever that day's shapers of morality designate as "honorable". At one time throwing children onto burning altars was "honorable". Honor means whatever the leaders convince the people it means.

So it is as inevitable as it is ironic how the most gruesome destruction and pitiless killing is done precisely by the organizations which justify their actions with appeals to "duty", "honor", and "country".

“Duty, Honor, Country,” a striking expression of West Point 's time-honored ideals, is the motto of the U.S. Military Academy and is imbedded in its coat of arms.

Meine Ehre heißt Treue ("My honor is called loyalty") ...the motto of the Nazi organization Schutzstaffel (SS).

I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.
--- Julius Caesar

And the ultimate paragon of honor, God, has been invoked countless times in support of war and all of its destructions:

If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
--- Romans 8:31


The imperative in war is to WIN. Victory is honor. Defeat is dishonor. That is more true than any other statement ever offered about war and honor together.

Nuclear weapons don't change the fundamentals of war and honor, they only change the magnitude of the costs of winning and losing.
__________________
He couldn't win from day 1. My predictions are always accurate.
--- inevitab1e (the baked potato)
Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there....
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME

Last edited by ericredbeard; 10-13-2017 at 08:32 AM.
ericredbeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #14
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 979
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
No.
"Dishonor" alone will not prevent a nuclear WWIII from happening.
Only a much higher consciousness all within our own world leaders
can actually possibly prevent it.
See:
http://forums.liveleak.com/showpost....3&postcount=20
I do hope for the best, but I also prepare for the worst, or to the extent that I am able.
Human Nature and Human Psychology can only be changed from within one's own self!
This last is true.

You focus on the leaders while I focus on the military and particularly the nuclear key holding soldier.

He and his honor is what will save the day. Not the more corrupted leaders who are slaved to their oligarch owners. A slave may not know honor or duty but a soldier will.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #15
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 979
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
Oh please
99.999% of people on this planet are slightly evolved rock apes still functioning emotionally on a lizard brain that processes Anger/attack, Fear, revenge, pride and greed
Honor, shame and empathy are way down the Line and are only even contemplated if his belly is full and his dick is limp
Being animal brained is what will save us and what has us know what the honorable thing to do is. No animal will knowingly do what will kill all those he loves.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #16
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 979
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 View Post
you place too much trust with those in the power with innocence
We as a species have always put our trust in those we choose to defend us. Our military and soldiers.

Why should we stop doing so now?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #17
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 979
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgy View Post
Yup,the sex drive is stronger than any other
I disagree.

Our sex drive is strong, sure, but it takes a back seat to our first and foremost selfish gene that seeks love.

If I place two women before you, and here I assume you are a man, but the reverse would work if you were a woman, one woman where sex without love was possible and the other where love without sex was possible, I think you would choose love over sex and follow your heart instead of your other body part.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #18
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 979
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
LOL at the idea that honor will prevent war of any kind. The concept of honor has been used to justify all the acts of war (including starting one) since war became organized beyond the level of one clan of cavemen pillaging another clan's cave.

It is easy to set undisciplined criminals on a murderous rampage, but that kind of violence is inadequate in the face of violent murderous rampage applied tactically and strategically by intelligent, disciplined individuals willing to put their own lives in danger for a cause greater than themselves and their own desires. In order to encourage people who are otherwise decent, disciplined and constructive to apply this destructive murderous rampage through themselves with their utmost energy and dedication in strategic and tactical fashion, no other motivation is as effective as appeals to "honor". No man wanting to call himself "good" can turn his back on "honor". Honor is a lever to exhort or shame people into doing (or not doing) whatever that day's shapers of morality designate as "honorable". At one time throwing children onto burning altars was "honorable". Honor means whatever the leaders convince the people it means.

So it is as inevitable as it is ironic how the most gruesome destruction and pitiless killing is done precisely by the organizations which justify their actions with appeals to "duty", "honor", and "country".

“Duty, Honor, Country,” a striking expression of West Point 's time-honored ideals, is the motto of the U.S. Military Academy and is imbedded in its coat of arms.

Meine Ehre heißt Treue ("My honor is called loyalty") ...the motto of the Nazi organization Schutzstaffel (SS).

I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.
--- Julius Caesar

And the ultimate paragon of honor, God, has been invoked countless times in support of war and all of its destructions:

If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
--- Romans 8:31


The imperative in war is to WIN. Victory is honor. Defeat is dishonor. That is more true than any other statement ever offered about war and honor together.

Nuclear weapons don't change the fundamentals of war and honor, they only change the magnitude of the costs of winning and losing.
Your post is correct in some ways and not in others.

There is no honor for a soldier who turns the nuclear key that he knows will likely kill all those he loves and bring dishonor and that is why no honorable soldier will initiate a pre-emptive strike.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #19
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 591
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Actually, all of those answers were true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
This last is true.

You focus on the leaders while I focus on the military and particularly the nuclear key holding soldier.

He and his honor is what will save the day. Not the more corrupted leaders who are slaved to their oligarch owners. A slave may not know honor or duty but a soldier will.

Regards
DL
Actually, all of those answers of mine were all true.

I focus on the leaders only because they actually call the shots
and not the "nuclear key holding soldier".
Why?
Because these "soldiers" are tested all of the time in drills and
those that don't turn the key on the commands are dismissed.

The soldier's "honor" is to do what his commanders order him
or her now, to do. If they disobey they are court-marshaled or
imprisoned or drummed out of the service "dis-honorably" too.

Apparently, you really don't know what you are talking about
with regard to how soldiers actually do behave under orders.

This is true of civilians as well. Famous experiments in which
a lethal dose of electricity was applied when ordered by a Dr.
with "authority". Morality goes out the window with those in
obedience to it that transfer their own sense of responsibility,
thereby.

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 10-13-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Added link to the Milgram Experiment.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #20
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility
 
adaptoman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: the back shed
Posts: 5,586
adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Being animal brained is what will save us and what has us know what the honorable thing to do is. No animal will knowingly do what will kill all those he loves.

Regards
DL
Jim Jones
But if you are sure of your position perhaps we could divert funds from missile defense to fund the study of familicde, an all to common tragedy in wich a man may kill his entire family in the belief that they will all be better of dead than continue to live in such an unjust world
A world wich he would burn entirely if he could
Instead he just burns his own house while his children sleep
The human animal mind can justify anything my friend
__________________
Any day above ground is a good day.
"Hinduism is my favorite religion because it has no supernatural gods". Inevitab1e

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
__________________

Last edited by adaptoman; 10-13-2017 at 11:31 PM.
adaptoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10 AM.