Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Political thought / philosophy

Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #21
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
you only wish your god had granted you a Phallus as grand as mine is old man!
I was referring to your avatar genius!

"You Could Think I'm Wrong, but That's No Reason To Stop Thinking"

“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
TheDoctorAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #22
Shizzah
Dumpster Diving

Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!Shizzah is a forum GOD!!
Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100 Points: 820,456,602, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctorAaron View Post
I was referring to your avatar genius!
so was I! can't you see it olmost reaches to it's knees?
Shizzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #23
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!TheDoctorAaron is practically a forum god!
Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,501,593, Level: 100

On the other hand, humans may be getting more stupid! Author Laurence Gonzales charts recent human de-evolution into stupidity.

http://video.answers.com/laurence-go...tion-304230762

http://video.answers.com/decorporati...emia-304230821

Old 01-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #24
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
On the other hand, humans may be getting more stupid! Author Laurence Gonzales charts recent human de-evolution into stupidity.

No such thing as de-evolution.
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #25
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
No such thing as de-evolution.
^^^You see! Point proven already!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #26
figatova
LiveLeaker

figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!figatova is a forum GOD!!
Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100 Points: 266,671,423, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
^^^You see! Point proven already!
another mindless post by the doc, still, what's new...
figatova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #27
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figatova View Post
another mindless post by the doc, still, what's new...
^^^More bad sentence structure and critical thinking failure!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #28
samwise
Dumpster Diving

samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!samwise is a forum GOD!!
Points: 685,968,374, Level: 100 Points: 685,968,374, Level: 100 Points: 685,968,374, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrfingr View Post
Wouldn't be necessary to attempt artificial improvement if instead people sat down and improved themselves and stopped - or at least aspired, to not become idiots. More times than not it's a concious choice to be stupid, willing ignorance and turning blind eyes to obvious issues and problems are apparent proofs i think. One and the most major explampe is that they choose stupidity for the sake of profit no matter what the cost is for the planet or anybody else.

Furthermore the real problem with artificial manipulation anyway, is that nore science or any other field can explain why we make the choices we do. Since that part of us can't be manipulated, it's pretty much good luck with any improvement. Increased intelligence gives absolutely *no* guarantees for a better person. I don't think anyone imagines that the current statesmen and politicans are stupid, they're not, depraved perhaps and morally and ethically compromised in various degrees from person to person. So what happens if someone like that were to have the intelligence increased when the values are fucked up ?. Well obviously and logically, you can multiply the damage that such a person does with the current depraved bastards who are in charge of politics and business.

If people want to artificially improve people, then people have to first be sufficently improved in their values. I think it's pretty obvious. I hope people don't think that values are given solety by nature and genetics. For the most part the most significant amount of it is taught, both by mentors and also by experience and environment. Even if you have the best material in the world to construct, say a violin from. The craftsman will determine the quality of the result. And if people think that a tailored school will do it for them, wrong again. That too can be observed quite easily, and also easily figured out. Not every individual are the same, curriculum is the same, hence the outcome will be varied quite heavily. Keep the A's and discard the rest and you're right back where we are now. Only with more intelligent individuals where the valueless and discarded have a greater capacity for doing evil and harm in much more intricate ways.

"Entire ignorance is not so terrible or extreme an evil, and is far from being the greatest of all; too much cleverness and too much learning, accompanied with ill bringing-up, are far more fatal." - Plato
You are the smartest, most respectful , credible LL here.

I call the problem, "The Path of Least Resistance Syndrome"
People hold on to their beliefs regardless of evidence that supports otherwise because attempting to understand another point of view that differs requires thought.
Thinking hurts.

The dangerous aspect is when they do get an education and they hear perspectives that do not agree with them they dismiss them entirely while holding onto the old education they are trying to improve upon.

Acquiring an education while holding on to uneducated beliefs is taking the path of least resistance.
samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #29
Tyrfingr
PhilosophyLeaker

Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!Tyrfingr is a forum GOD!!
Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100 Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100 Points: 31,246,329, Level: 100
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:

http://video.answers.com/decorporati...emia-304230821
I could go along with a theory surrounding social de-evolution, i think there's enough evidences to back that up.
Tyrfingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #30
TheDoctorAaron
Conservative American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrfingr View Post
I could go along with a theory surrounding social de-evolution, i think there's enough evidences to back that up.
Bravo! You got it!