Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Information and Support. > Rules,FAQ's and Site Support. > LL Forum Support

Old 01-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #11
cvnenglish

[quote=Dronetek;401822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvnenglish View Post

Ok, so now all the blogs and internet forums need to be shut down.

EDIT: managed to find some stories on this and from everything I read this is going to go nowhere. the AP has no case, unless the stories come from the pay end of their site. From everything I read, they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Yes, blogs and any websites using copyrighted material without consent should be held accountable.

Where is your respect for property rights?

Law says you can't do it, end of story.

Now, you can paraphrase a bit, give a quick description of the piece and link to the original article, that's legal I think.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
LL_Hayden
LiveLeaker

LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!
Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100
Activity: 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronetek View Post
There are thousands of internet forums that link and quote AP articles. Its almost impossible not to, since most news stories reference the AP. Every single blog I know of, quotes and links to AP articles. I know at least a dozen other political forums where AP article are regularly posted and quoted. This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this.

It may be their content, but as soon as it goes up on the internet, its free game. Now, the content on their pay site is different, but I never get news from their pay site. I don't see how news can spread around the net if this is true, since most all news stories have AP referenced.

I don't know Hayden, seems fishy to me.

Fishy or not that's what their legal department hit us with and right now a costly legal battle in the hopes we could share AP articles for free is not something we need.
LL_Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Dronetek
From The Source

Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!
Points: 439,736,638, Level: 100 Points: 439,736,638, Level: 100 Points: 439,736,638, Level: 100
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Now, you can paraphrase a bit, give a quick description of the piece and link to the original article, that's legal I think.
Well than, welcome to the discussion. This is what I've been saying since the first post. Nobody ever said anything about copy and pasting whole articles. Maybe if you read instead of leaping at the first opportunity to one-up me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL_Hayden
the hopes we could share AP articles for free is not something we need.
They're already free. Thats my point.

Last edited by Dronetek; 01-23-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Dronetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
LL_Hayden
LiveLeaker

LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!LL_Hayden is a forum GOD!!
Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100 Points: 904,713,989, Level: 100

Quote:
Well than, welcome to the discussion. This is what I've been saying since the first post. Nobody ever said anything about copy and pasting whole articles.

They're already free.
You mentioned AP articles in your post. Nothing about a headline and link. Although they have also gotten a touch upset about that in the past too believe it or not.

The simple fact is AP sell content. On their "free" site you will notice you have to pay to reproduce their content in any way, that's how they make their money (or one of the ways).
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
LL_Hayden
LiveLeaker

Quote:
They're already free. Thats my point.
Free to read, not to republish.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #16
cvnenglish

[quote=Dronetek;401858]
Quote:

Well than, welcome to the discussion. This is what I've been saying since the first post. Nobody ever said anything about copy and pasting whole articles.

They're already free.
Quote:
Why are mods deleting my threads and saying its because Hayden doesn't want any AP articles on the forums? Thats more than a little weird, considering AP is one of the main sources for news in the world.
What did I miss?

Quote:
You don't need permission to post AP articles. Almost every news story out there is an AP article.
What welcome dude? What's wrong with you, your communication skills suck? Look at bold above, you clearly asked about posting articles.

Now I will type slowly, you are n-o-t allowed to post their material.

Got it?

Your condescension fails.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Dronetek
From The Source

Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!Dronetek is a forum GOD!!
Points: 439,736,638, Level: 100 Points: 439,736,638, Level: 100 Points: 439,736,638, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL_Hayden
You mentioned AP articles in your post. Nothing about a headline and link. Although they have also gotten a touch upset about that in the past too believe it or not.
It was a misunderstanding. I don't post whole articles and never have. I'm talking about quoting a small portion and than linking to the original article.

Quote:
What did I miss?
I said, "Every single blog I know of, quotes and links to AP articles. I know at least a dozen other political forums where AP article are regularly posted and quoted. This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this.

Meaning, the link to the article is posted and a portion is quoted.

Last edited by Dronetek; 01-23-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
cvnenglish

Quote:
It was a misunderstanding. I don't post whole articles and never have. I'm talking about quoting a small portion and than linking to the original article.

I said, "Every single blog I know of, quotes and links to AP articles. I know at least a dozen other political forums where AP article are regularly posted and quoted. This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this.

Meaning, the link to the article is posted and a portion is quoted.
I've posted whole articles. I knew it was illegal.

I believe posting any portion of the article is illegal, I am not sure.

We could use a lawyer in here.

Either way, we now know how to proceed in the future, it's Hayden's choice and I don't fault him for his decision.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
Dronetek
From The Source

I just want to be clear that I'm not being critical of Live Leak or Hayden. My ire is directed solely to the AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLFM_Theta View Post
I have to take a little blame here for letting the thread get so far down the road before pulling it. I had forgotten about the moratorium on AP articles. Someone shot us a message and gave us the head's up.

I'm sorry to have yanked anyone's rep points or anything like that. If you like DT, the offer still stands to reinstate it, and you can edit out all of the offending articles and quotes, and I can edit anything else that you can't. But I can't edit anything while it's still in deleted status. If you don't care, I won't bother, but if it's important to you, I'll make it happen. Sound like a winner?

As far as the other issue DT, you need to contact the mod, or talk to Hayden.

Game on!
What thread was it? Can you give me a link and let me edit it?

EDIT: Oh, is it the "guess the party" thread? How ironic that they would want a thread closed that demonstrates their deceptive practices.

Last edited by Dronetek; 01-23-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:36 AM   #20
jdischord
PM me to send donations

jdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeakerjdischord is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 53,029, Level: 33 Points: 53,029, Level: 33 Points: 53,029, Level: 33
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Why are mods deleting my threads and saying its because Hayden doesn't want any AP articles on the forums? Thats more than a little weird, considering AP is one of the main sources for news in the world.
I maybe a little late on this subject but i thought it was common knowledge that AP videos and articles were not allowed on LL......its been a year now easily....contrary to what they might think,they don't have exclusive news,you can always find an alternate source for any of their stories....i say bollocks to you AP!