Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > Your News Headlines

Old 07-14-2017, 04:26 AM   #1
Bashman
Research

Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!Bashman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100 Points: 1,814,611,649, Level: 100
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Default Trump's Wall Now Fully Funded

Mainstream Media didn't tell us this today, did it?

$1.6 billion for the wall, $100 million to hire 500 more Border Patrol agents, $131 million for new border technology, $106 million for aircraft and sensors and $109 million for 'non-intrusive inspection equipment...

Quote:
Just before he boarded Air Force One late Wednesday to fly off to Paris for Bastille Day with the French president, President Trump fired out a tweet:

"Big WIN today for building the wall. It will secure the border & save lives. Now the full House & Senate must act!"

Smart move, because the "Big WIN" got precious little news coverage from the mainstream media, obsessing over a new nothingburger story on Russian collusion.

A House spending bill that quietly moved forward on Tuesday funds all of Trump's initial $1.6 billion wall plan for the U.S.-Mexican border. The funding comes as part of the fiscal 2018 Department of Homeland Security appropriations bill.

The plan was released Tuesday by the House Appropriations Committee and a subcommittee moved the plan forward on Wednesday.

While the plan makes good on one of Trump's top campaign promises in 2016, it also moves away from another pledge he made on the trail: Mexico will pay for the border wall. But Trump has more recently said the U.S. will pay first and Mexico will reimburse, or fund in other ways.

House Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee Chairman John Carter praised the bill.

“Keeping Americans safe by protecting our homeland is a top priority. This funding bill provides the resources to begin building a wall along our southern border, enhance our existing border security infrastructure, hire more border patrol agents, and fund detention operations,” he said.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spokesman David Lapan said that the new money will go a long way for starting the border wall. “On the DHS side it’s clear that we’ve gotten a direction to secure the southern border, that a wall and barrier is part of that process along with people and technology and that funding from Congress is required for us to move forward on that,” he said.

"In total, the bill allocates $13.8 billion to customs and border protection. That includes the $1.6 billion for the wall, $100 million to hire 500 more Border Patrol agents, $131 million for new border technology, $106 million for aircraft and sensors and $109 million for 'non-intrusive inspection equipment,' " The Hill reported.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Oh, this article's not bias at all! And just so we're clear, it's American tax dollars paying for it? Or did I read that wrong?
slacker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
kasheku
LiveLeaker

kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
Oh, this article's not bias at all! And just so we're clear, it's American tax dollars paying for it? Or did I read that wrong?
I would rather my money go to the wall instead of funding thousands of people who are able to work but choose to live off my tax dollars for free.
kasheku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
slacker-
LiveLeaker

slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!slacker- is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,454,867,873, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasheku View Post
I would rather my money go to the wall instead of funding thousands of people who are able to work but choose to live off my tax dollars for free.
I'd rather my money not go to either of things, but now, it's going to both! but that's not my point, my point is that all throughout his campaign, Trump kept saying Mexico is going to pay...but now, oops, nevermind, Americans are going to pay!

And all for something that I'm not entirely convinced is a good thing bc there's pros and cons to having them here. And having lived in Manhattan for years, I've personally witnessed mainly pros.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #5
CrapFactory
The Devil's Advocate

CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!CrapFactory is a forum GOD!!
Points: 146,133,818, Level: 100 Points: 146,133,818, Level: 100 Points: 146,133,818, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Good news!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
zero-g
Premium Member

zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
I'd rather my money not go to either of things, but now, it's going to both! but that's not my point, my point is that all throughout his campaign, Trump kept saying Mexico is going to pay...but now, oops, nevermind, Americans are going to pay!

And all for something that I'm not entirely convinced is a good thing bc there's pros and cons to having them here. And having lived in Manhattan for years, I've personally witnessed mainly pros.
In the end Mexico will "pay" via more tightly monitored immigration(not taking money from American jobs) and import/export tariff . or at least that's the idea.

I don't think Mexico was ever going to just out of pocket pay for the wall. (nor was that ever the literal plan) People just latched onto those words.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
slacker-
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero-g View Post
In the end Mexico will "pay" via more tightly monitored immigration(not taking money from American jobs) and import/export tariff . or at least that's the idea.

I don't think Mexico was ever going to just out of pocket pay for the wall. (nor was that ever the literal plan) People just latched onto those words.
no he specifically said Mexico's either going to pay or he's gonna start a trade war w/them or he's gonna tax 20% on imports from Mexico...he specifically said he's a master negotiator and that mexico is "absolutely" going to pay. this is just one of many clips he's said that BUT:

https://youtu.be/GasRDffe1Xg?t=23m48s

people took it literally bc he made it clear he meant it, literally.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100

Mexico is never going to pay for the wall along our southern border. Who gives a shit. We spent enough money blowing up and then rebuilding shit in Iraq and Afghanistan that we could have built 1,000 walls. Nothing about a poorly protected southern border makes sense. My state has literally set up a fund using tax money to defend illegal aliens from prosecution. Talk about a waste of money.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.” ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #9
slacker-
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUTUPANDTHINK View Post
Mexico is never going to pay for the wall along our southern border. Who gives a shit. We spent enough money blowing up and then rebuilding shit in Iraq and Afghanistan that we could have built 1,000 walls. Nothing about a poorly protected southern border makes sense. My state has literally set up a fund using tax money to defend illegal aliens from prosecution. Talk about a waste of money.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html
I give a shit, obviously, or else I wouldn't be commenting, bc i don't even know that this wall will be beneficial, as there are pros and cons to having them here and as said above, having lived in manhattan all those years, i personally saw mainly pros. so having to pay for something i don't even know that i agree with, that i was originally told i wouldn't have to pay for, ya, i give a shit. & I'm sure there are even some people out there who voted for him (i didn't) who give a shit that they were lead to believe one thing and then ended up with another.

& I'm sure those who live right on the border definitely give a shit...
Old 07-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
SHUTUPANDTHINK
random internet guy

SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!SHUTUPANDTHINK is a forum GOD!!
Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100 Points: 366,568,600, Level: 100

Good for you, you care about having to spend money to build a border wall. It's going to cost you personally what $200. Living in Manhattan I'm sure you've spent more than that on a nice dinner. Personally I never believed Mexico would directly pay for the wall. Although I understand the reality that our tax dollars already get spent on Mexican citizens, if ultimately we spend less money on foreign citizens because we spend more money on ourselves than it good for everyone.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.” ~Theodore Roosevelt ~
SHUTUPANDTHINK is offline   Reply With Quote