Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Community > Your News Headlines

Old 04-22-2018, 11:22 PM   #31
Velhalla
son of god

Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker- View Post
Do you ever watch that show LivePD? It shows cops in real time from all around the country, what they do on a typical night. Honestly, from what I see, I'm not impressed, most are not likable, imo - they often take their bad moods and misperceptions out on the people in question even if the person is polite, they don't listen, they try to bully and threaten ppl with arrest if they're not polite or are simply telling the officer they're wrong, they treat blacks differently, not so much females but definitely males, they don't give ppl the benefit of the doubt, they randomly stop and search ppl even if there's been no call about anything bad taking place, they don't seem to care about what's right or fair, they randomly stop people and search them at gunpoint for no reason other than assumptions, most seem to care more about filling a quota than actually making the community better or safer, most do not seem mentally stable or level-headed, most seem petty, etc. and these are just the ones that agree to filmed on camera. there's only one police department on the show that I think are actually good cops, the ones in Richland county, South Carolina. The others, sorry, no, I don't like their attitude or the way they conduct themselves.
I agree, Ive been at gunpoint plenty of times for no reason at all other than the cop was a fucking idiot and considered me a threat. Threatened for walking my goat up to the mountain trails and almost shot for bowfishing carp.

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles
Velhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:52 AM   #32
twright55
Monster

twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

My dad is pretty conservative (certainly a Republican), and he was also a prosecutor in the 70's...so is in a position to really know the real deal.

When I was young he 'gave me the talk'...you know, the one you hear about black fathers giving their black sons (we are white.) He told me that most cops are just criminals with badges. No matter how wrong they may be, that I should always be totally respectful and cooperative, etc. Because no matter how right you may be and how wrong they may be in any given circumstance, they will use the power of their badge to hurt you.
Anyway, it should be totally obvious to anybody by now that this is true. They do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it, even when caught on camera. And we only recently have the benefit of cameras. Imagine what they were doing before then. Well, my dad knows, and some of the stories he has to tell...
Old 04-23-2018, 02:40 AM   #33
kasheku
LiveLeaker

kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twright55 View Post
My dad is pretty conservative (certainly a Republican), and he was also a prosecutor in the 70's...so is in a position to really know the real deal.

When I was young he 'gave me the talk'...you know, the one you hear about black fathers giving their black sons (we are white.) He told me that most cops are just criminals with badges. No matter how wrong they may be, that I should always be totally respectful and cooperative, etc. Because no matter how right you may be and how wrong they may be in any given circumstance, they will use the power of their badge to hurt you.
Anyway, it should be totally obvious to anybody by now that this is true. They do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it, even when caught on camera. And we only recently have the benefit of cameras. Imagine what they were doing before then. Well, my dad knows, and some of the stories he has to tell...
respectfully, and i really mean the word respectfully here, but your dad is full of shit.

your statement takes away all of the good police officers out there that do use their role to enhance others lives.

my father was a cop most of my youth. worked all the way up to detective.
he and a lot of other cops would rather help you then take you to jail, but most of the time its the criminals fault they go in the first place.

even now, we have countless examples of cops doing amazing things, but that does not get highlighted.

no because the narrative that cops are bad is what the media wants you to suck in.

so for you, your dad, or anyone to say that cops in general are anything buut good souls with intention to make a difference, can suck my chode
kasheku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #34
twright55
Monster

twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!twright55 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100 Points: 638,615,748, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasheku View Post
respectfully, and i really mean the word respectfully here, but your dad is full of shit.

your statement takes away all of the good police officers out there that do use their role to enhance others lives.

my father was a cop most of my youth. worked all the way up to detective.
he and a lot of other cops would rather help you then take you to jail, but most of the time its the criminals fault they go in the first place.

even now, we have countless examples of cops doing amazing things, but that does not get highlighted.

no because the narrative that cops are bad is what the media wants you to suck in.

so for you, your dad, or anyone to say that cops in general are anything buut good souls with intention to make a difference, can suck my chode
All I can say is that my dad was a prosecutor, so you know what that means. He worked with the cops and was intimately knowledgeable of their tactics, since that was precisely what he had to deal with.
I'd say the only caveat was that this was the 70's and in the St. Petersburg area. One thing that many people fail to realize is that there are so many departments with so many different standards across the US. One police department can be total shit, while another can absolutely great.

But still, the point was not that all cops are out to get you all the time, but that if you piss off a police officer for any reason (even if you did nothing wrong and they were just having a bad day), then they can...and will...make up any reason, valid or not, to fuck you over.
Therefore, as my dad told me, you basically have to kiss their ass all the time no matter what...for your own safety and well being. If I were to have a problem, I was wait and bring it back to my dad and he would deal with it from there. But most kids don't have the luxury of their father being a prosecutor. I never had any problems with any cops because I am just as totally respectful as I can possibly be, even when they may be dead wrong. They have a gun and a badge, after all. But that doesn't make them right...and they often aren't.

Last edited by twright55; 04-23-2018 at 01:47 PM.
twright55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #35
twright55
Monster

Come to think of it, I should be more precise in what he told me:
He told me that cops and criminals have the same mentality (slightly different thing than cops actually BEING criminals), but that cops chose the badge and criminals chose to operate outside the law. And that I should try to minimize my contact with either one, because no good can come with contacts with either group. But he also stated that cops will often act like criminals and lie and bully and assert their power over you for their own purposes and egos...just like criminals will...again because they are the same type of person.

I'm paraphrasing most of this because that was a long time ago when I was a little kid, But you get the gist of it. And I think it has been PROVEN to very often still be the case today. There is video evidence of it all over the internet. There is no longer any reason to be naive of this long standing reality. Not ALL cops, of course, but the profession seems to attract a 'certain type', and the 'no snitching' ethos that goes on within police depts. (just like in criminal gangs...another similarity) protects the bad ones.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #36
DanielDefense
LiveLeaker

DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!
Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

All emotions from you, You're old enough to be able to handle the truth, so accept it, and get out of your fantasy.

What Twilight is saying is all true...and that's aside from all the things that they do for their friends/family and officers that they're not supposed to
DanielDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #37
kasheku
LiveLeaker

kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!kasheku is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,499,958, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldefense View Post
all emotions from you, you're old enough to be able to handle the truth, so accept it, and get out of your fantasy.

What twilight is saying is all true...and that's aside from all the things that they do for their friends/family and officers that they're not supposed to
pay attention cause im in no fantasy.

I was arguing the statement that all cops are bad, and that is simply not true.

You can show me any video you want, and ill match it one for one with a video of a cop doing something good.

To say that all cops are bad makes one an idiot.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #38
DanielDefense
LiveLeaker

DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!DanielDefense is a forum GOD!!
Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100 Points: 125,762,364, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasheku View Post
pay attention cause im in no fantasy.

I was arguing the statement that all cops are bad, and that is simply not true.

You can show me any video you want, and ill match it one for one with a video of a cop doing something good.

To say that all cops are bad makes one an idiot.
So if you got busted in your late teens early 20’s, in the city your dad worked in...you expect us to believe he wouldn’t get no favors or call in favors to help you out?

If a vehicle is registered to an officer, that car won’t get a ticket even if it’s his gf driving it. NY even has some cards they hand out to officers family that they use to get out of police situations
DanielDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #39
kasheku
LiveLeaker

I got in trouble all the time as a kid even though my dad was a cop. Guess who made sure i made my court appearances? I got no breaks, just because i should have known better.

You need to stop assuming and understand that my experiences are not yours, and not his, or anyone elses.