Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2017, 06:06 AM   #61
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility
 
adaptoman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: the back shed
Posts: 5,587
adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
The universe is not "pretty much the same all over the same radius...". If it were, we would observe concentric shells of mass density centered on a singularity point. We don't (see pic). Also, if the universe were pretty much the same over the same radial distance from the point of origin, and the distribution of life was similarly situated, then life would be more or less distributed symmetrically about the point of origin as well (which requires at least two locations for life forms to satisfy the meaning of "symmetric'....although I can't imagine why mass density and life form density would necessarily be linked at all except in the broadest general relationship. But that assumption assumes that all the various forms of life would be based on the same set of physical environments (pressure, temp, chemical makeup, radiation levels, etc. because they are assumed to be similar in design and therefore similar in environmental requirements. That assumption is an arbitrary precondition without justification. Who knows what form the extraterrestrial life might take. It might not have DNA at all as we know it. It might not be carbon based. Who knows.

I don't understand what you mean when you say that " it's extremities are at equilibrium" at all. In equilibrium with what?
A poor choice of words perhaps
Stars at a point antipodal to our own are of the same age
Elemental development at the same stage and simarly distributed
sokar systems of similar make up orbiting similar stars should be present in neer infinite abundance
I think it far less likely that we are somehow unique
__________________
Any day above ground is a good day.
"Hinduism is my favorite religion because it has no supernatural gods". Inevitab1e

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
__________________
adaptoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #62
Private-Parts
Madoodoowininiwag
Duck Tracker Champion El Emigrante Champion Alien Attack Champion
 
Private-Parts's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Suomi
Posts: 7,249
Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!Private-Parts is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,621,982,820, Level: 100
Points: 1,621,982,820, Level: 100 Points: 1,621,982,820, Level: 100 Points: 1,621,982,820, Level: 100
Activity: 57%
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post

/////

I think it far less likely that we are somehow unique

That may be so, but IT brings to mind the old question; WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY?!?
__________________
If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders.

― George Carlin
Private-Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #63
Velhalla
son of god
 
Velhalla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 4,560
Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!Velhalla is a forum GOD!!
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100
Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100 Points: 927,169,851, Level: 100
Activity: 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%
Default

Aryan religion
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_cosmism
__________________
"You were sent here by God to consume the light, have
an apple and welcome to the dark side" -Vel

"Be the children of the gods, and their force be upon you til the end!" - Book of Veles
Velhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #64
Yorkie
LiveLeaker
 
Yorkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hang Son Doong
Posts: 7,528
Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKatheist View Post
fuckit I'm fucking done with this racist dirty fucking scumbag,
Pint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan123 View Post
My round. Fancy starting slowly with a pint of Scotch? Just to wash away the dirty?
I'm in ands it's earths final weekend so I call a lock-in
__________________
Ok then, here's the dumb fuck interpretation/translation of what I very clearly articulated in my previous eloquent comment:
Go to school, not church.
Duh. Or are you advocating some kind of fairy tale festival holy war of the dumb cunts? ~L8rm8e

What are you? Fucking high!? Chill out dude.~SgtRock
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #65
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 591
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default You are most welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
Thanks for the intro to "Mu". I had never hear of that word and its significance before today!
You are most welcome!

Robert Pirsig was one of the few American philosophers to put it into terms that Westerners might more easily understand.
See:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...irsig-obituary
The "either/or dichotomy" is just so very mentally intrinsic to them that it is not easily broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
I don't think we can count on "any others" any more than we can discount "any others".
I disagree.
Why?
Because we should always go from what we do know verses what is speculation,
and what we don't know.
Until there is any actual evidence of "any others" we should discount it, but, still
look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post

I'm sure the same kind of skepticism would have been strong (probably absolutely overwhelming) if anyone had described Spaniards to the Aztecs and Incas before they arrived on american shores.
I disagree.
Why?
Because the "White Man" had visited their shores long before 1492,
perhaps during the Viking era, and were actually considered "Gods".
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_gods

That "mis-identification" of the Spaniards as these "Gods" returning
was a key reason for their being "conquered" by that much smaller
group of Spaniards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
Yet the Spaniards had existed on the other side of the Atlantic for centuries prior to 1492. Same with extraterrestrials, just on a larger scale. Given the vastness of space, IMO it is unlikely that we are all the sentient life there is, period, and that no other sentient life has developed the ability to travel those distances. If you described technological abilities that we take for granted today to people one thousand years ago, they would have dismissed it all as the ravings of a madman(or the workings of 'magic'). Yet here we are.
Indeed, they had, but "Whites" had visited the Americas many years prior to 1492.
There is no evidence that is the same with ANY extraterrestrials, on ANY scale at all.
The vastness of space means that the "probability" of any other sentient life is "unknown".
Until and unless we do find any other life outside of our own planet Earth, it is "unknown".

I do agree with you that if one groups technology is sufficiently advanced from another's then that groups higher technology all would probably appear to be "magical" and most especially to the far lessor advanced group.
The Cargo Cult of the Pacific is a classical example of this fact and it led to a very peculiar religion.
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 09-22-2017 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added link to Cargo Cult, etc.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #66
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 591
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Yes, or from their own point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
the center of the Universe is right here right now, everything that exists is the center of the Universe.
Yes, or most especially, and all from their own particular point of view.
The same is also true for anyone that's on a sphere or like us on earth.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 09-23-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #67
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 591
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Yes, it is very similar to Panentheism or to Cosmotheism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velhalla View Post
Yes, it is very similar to Panentheism or to Cosmotheism.
See:
https://whitebiocentrism.com/viewtop...0&t=5&start=10

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 09-23-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added link.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #68
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 979
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
Again, a rose by any other name....
However you may "name it", this is how I actually do view it.
See:
http://forums.liveleak.com/showpost....&postcount=237

Also, you may call it "prayer" but to whom or to what?
I call it "meditation" and it is to my own self that's within and as it is without.
The "Kingdom of God" is actually and is always and only within you as a state
of conscious awareness of the Whole that's always and all within your own self.
Pure Gnostic Christian thinking that. Kudos.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #69
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 591
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Apotheosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Pure Gnostic Christian thinking that. Kudos.

Regards
DL
Yes.
Apotheosis.
To become God.

Thou Art That!
The Omega Point, of TdC, JP.
The Future of Man, etc...Too!

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 10-02-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #70
Yorkie
LiveLeaker
 
Yorkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hang Son Doong
Posts: 7,528
Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%
Default

Wtf is this shite? You people need beating with a pitchfork
__________________
Ok then, here's the dumb fuck interpretation/translation of what I very clearly articulated in my previous eloquent comment:
Go to school, not church.
Duh. Or are you advocating some kind of fairy tale festival holy war of the dumb cunts? ~L8rm8e

What are you? Fucking high!? Chill out dude.~SgtRock
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 AM.