Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Europe

Old 04-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #11
Aquina1300
Smurf Berry Crunch

Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!Aquina1300 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,614,076, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekay View Post
Sigh.........

An arsehole complained, the police/courts need to follow it up, it will be thrown out at the courts first legal opporchancity.

I make a complaint that Aquina assaulted me. The police charge Aquina for assault based on my say-so. The courts throw it out at first legal opportunity. The newspapersget a juicy headline by saying Aquina has been charged with assault.....y'see?
Oh, this is one of those things where "charged" means something different in our legal system compared to yours.

Charged, in the U.S., means someone is arrested, put in jail (might get out on bond), the statute violated is cited and there's a court case. I guess in the UK, charged means something more like the police looked into it and told the judge and the judge makes the decision to proceed or not proceed. In the U.S., the state represented by a state prosecutor makes the determination of whether to charge or not charge based on evidence the police present.

So no, police officers wouldn't arrest me and I wouldn't be charged for assault just based on your assertion that I assaulted you. There would have to be more to it. You'd have to have some sort of injury or something was broken or you had a vid or witnesses.

I still think it's entirely ridiculous that it's a legal or law enfocement issue at all, complaint or no complaint. It's a damn doll. It's not like it's going to get up in the middle of the night and stab someone.
Yeah but they're Moozlims. Kill 'em all! -Wimbly
In other words it's always their fault for not voting Republican. - Wimbly
Aquina1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #12
peekay
# No To Newco

peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!
Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquina1300 View Post
Oh, this is one of those things where "charged" means something different in our legal system compared to yours.

Charged, in the U.S., means someone is arrested, put in jail (might get out on bond), the statute violated is cited and there's a court case. I guess in the UK, charged means something more like the police looked into it and told the judge and the judge makes the decision to proceed or not proceed. In the U.S., the state represented by a state prosecutor makes the determination of whether to charge or not charge based on evidence the police present.

So no, police officers wouldn't arrest me and I wouldn't be charged for assault just based on your assertion that I assaulted you. There would have to be more to it. You'd have to have some sort of injury or something was broken or you had a vid or witnesses.

I still think it's entirely ridiculous that it's a legal or law enfocement issue at all, complaint or no complaint. It's a damn doll. It's not like it's going to get up in the middle of the night and stab someone.
It's pretty much the same Aquina, only here it's up to the judge to, well, judge based on the merits. The polis gather the potential evidence, the Procurator Fiscal(DA?) decides based on evidence collected and the wording of the law* if there's a chance of conviction.Then goes before a judge'n'jury. At which point the jury comes back with, and here's the funny part, with guilty, not guilty or, in Scotland, not proven.

* You'll probably find it's the 'wording of the law' here. It's not the law that's at fault, it's the arsehole that's been 'offended'. Once the accusation is made the wheels of beaurocracy(several attempts and I still can't spell it....fukkit) start turning. The law is probably intended more towards arseholes painting swastikas on bagal shops kinda stuff
Old 04-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #13
snipershot
LiveLeaker

snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Hate speech is fairly easy to convict on, especially when everything is hate speech.
Tell a gay you dont like gays, hate speech, let someone religious know you think religion is shit, hate speech, mock the handicapped, hate speech. All now criminal crimes, indictable offences.

Speaking as a person who doesnt do such things, except maybe mock/attack religion, i dont think people should be getting criminal records for being ignorant.

Also, they are actively seeking hate crime offences, especially on social media.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default I am anti-Tyranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipershot View Post
Hate speech is fairly easy to convict on, especially when everything is hate speech.
Tell a gay you dont like gays, hate speech, let someone religious know you think religion is shit, hate speech, mock the handicapped, hate speech. All now criminal crimes, indictable offences.

Speaking as a person who doesnt do such things, except maybe mock/attack religion, i dont think people should be getting criminal records for being ignorant.

Also, they are actively seeking hate crime offences, especially on social media.
"1984".
"Thought-crimes".
"Hate speech" and "Hate Crimes" are modeled upon it.
The Usual Suspects pushed hard for it and enacted all
of it into law.

"A thoughtcrime is an Orwellian neologism used to describe an illegal thought.
The term was popularized in the dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, first published in 1949, wherein thoughtcrime is the criminal act of holding unspoken beliefs or doubts that oppose or question Ingsoc, the ruling party."

Unfortunately, it is really all by design to be very PC
and "selectively enforced" and "abused" by "victims".
See:
http://modernheretic3000.blogspot.co...ime-prank.html

Eric Blair was right. The "formerly Great" Britain is the
land of "Big Brother" and the USA is very close behind.
See:
https://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/hat...s/welcome.aspx

Edward Snowden warned us all that it is already here!
Slavelandia, Home of the not free nor very brave now.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 04-06-2018 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added links.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote