Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 06:48 PM   #11
blandadrops
Omnipotent
 
blandadrops's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,857
blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!
Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100
Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100 Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100 Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Default

What is honorable or not is highly subjective. Is it objectively a good thing to force people to certain actions in the name of religion? It depends on the action and the circumstances in that instance.
Forcing your daughter to wear a hijab in public is a good thing in fex. Iran, because she may end up in serious trouble if she doesn't wear it. Is it a good thing to do so in Western Europe? No, there is no good objective reason to do so.

Is it honorable? It depends on your personal definition of "honorable".


My personal and subjective opinion is that religion is no excuse for any behavior, good or bad.
blandadrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #12
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,063
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandadrops View Post
What is honorable or not is highly subjective. Is it objectively a good thing to force people to certain actions in the name of religion? It depends on the action and the circumstances in that instance.
Forcing your daughter to wear a hijab in public is a good thing in fex. Iran, because she may end up in serious trouble if she doesn't wear it. Is it a good thing to do so in Western Europe? No, there is no good objective reason to do so.

Is it honorable? It depends on your personal definition of "honorable".


My personal and subjective opinion is that religion is no excuse for any behavior, good or bad.
Honor is not subjective nor depends upon any personal definition of it or opinion.
Honor like Morality and Truth is objective.
Moral relativism is nonsense. Cultural relativism is nonsense as well.
The same is true of behavior and morality. It can be objectively evaluated.

In order for it to be moral it must first be based upon truth and fact and not nonsense or superstition.
Religion has been used for much behavior that has been immoral especially from the perspective of truth.
Especially the facts of which are objective and are not subjective nor are just mere erroneous opinions that are only weakly supported.

Last edited by Paul Parnitzke; 12-06-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #13
laserjobs
LiveLeaker
 
laserjobs's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: US
Posts: 6,593
laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!
Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100
Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100 Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100 Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default

I don't know, ask the jews....

1512508689413.png
__________________
Liberals, we blame your piss poor "higher education" and the media making you feel like you got "the smarts".
laserjobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #14
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,063
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjobs View Post
I don't know, ask the jews....

[attach][/attach]
It is not like they would know any better than you know.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:42 PM   #15
laserjobs
LiveLeaker
 
laserjobs's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: US
Posts: 6,593
laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!laserjobs is a forum GOD!!
Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100
Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100 Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100 Points: 940,751,738, Level: 100
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
It is not like they would know any better than you know.
Oy Vey!
__________________
Liberals, we blame your piss poor "higher education" and the media making you feel like you got "the smarts".
laserjobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #16
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,050
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
"Survival" is an objective and universal and moral "just cause".
A contradiction? Not at all.
I said "your definition of it" may or may not be moral.
You just did not understand.
Possibly.

You say that survival, I take that as self survival, is an objective moral tenet, yet if we look at nature and even man, we see us and other animals give up their lives for their offspring.

I think that refutes your claim to an objective and always correct moral tenet.

Would you die for your offspring and ignore your self-survival?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #17
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker
 
Greatest I am's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,050
Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandadrops View Post
What is honorable or not is highly subjective. Is it objectively a good thing to force people to certain actions in the name of religion? It depends on the action and the circumstances in that instance.
Forcing your daughter to wear a hijab in public is a good thing in fex. Iran, because she may end up in serious trouble if she doesn't wear it. Is it a good thing to do so in Western Europe? No, there is no good objective reason to do so.

Is it honorable? It depends on your personal definition of "honorable".


My personal and subjective opinion is that religion is no excuse for any behavior, good or bad.
I agree, yet religions are used to force behavior, so theists must think it good as they comply even where not required to do so out of fear.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #18
blandadrops
Omnipotent
 
blandadrops's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,857
blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!blandadrops is a forum GOD!!
Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100
Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100 Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100 Points: 210,740,479, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
Honor is not subjective nor depends upon any personal definition of it or opinion.
Honor like Morality and Truth is objective.
Moral relativism is nonsense. Cultural relativism is nonsense as well.
The same is true of behavior and morality. It can be objectively evaluated.
So there is an objective need for honor killings to take place in some cultures?
Or is it the subjective opinion of some men that the behavior of some of their female relatives are damaging their family's honor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
In order for it to be moral in must first be based upon truth and fact and not nonsense or superstition.
Again the people honor killing their daughter think they are doing it because of a lack of morals on the daughter's part. Why is it that it is just certain cultures that do this if morals isd an objective thing. If it were honor killings should be a normal part of everyday life all over the world regardless of culture and religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
Religion has been used for much behavior that has been immoral especially from the perspective of truth.
Religion and objective truth are mutually exclusive. That is to say, you can either base your understanding of this world on empirical truth or you can base it on believing myth and superstition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
Especially the facts of which are objective and are not subjective nor are just mere erroneous opinions that are only weakly supported.
If you are trying to say that religious belief is based on facts you are hereby invited to document this claim.
blandadrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #19
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility
 
adaptoman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: the back shed
Posts: 6,215
adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Parnitzke View Post
You think so?
Maybe. Maybe not.
Yes, many of them are redundant.
So what?
At least they are not as purile as your posts.
Nor as stinky as them or your finger, chimp.

Banana?
Like Myself or anyone else here worth the time of day gives a fuck about your infantile cerebral paralysis
__________________
Any day above ground is a good day.
"Hinduism is my favorite religion because it has no supernatural gods". Inevitab1e

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
__________________
adaptoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:54 PM   #20
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,063
Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default Sure Chimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
Like Myself or anyone else here worth the time of day gives a fuck about your infantile cerebral paralysis
Banana?
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 AM.