Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Europe

Old 01-26-2018, 09:34 AM   #31
Daveypoo
LiveLeaker

Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!Daveypoo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 48,877,966, Level: 100 Points: 48,877,966, Level: 100 Points: 48,877,966, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Instead of "experts" writing articles on why people voted to leave, articles which are based on THEIR opinions, their observations and so forth, they could just ask a bunch of people who voted to leave... like me.

I live in a town in the north-west of England that used to be an industrial powerhouse. We have running through our town the very first train track in the entire history of humankind, and on it ran the very first train. This whole town was built to house workers in factories building trains and other industrial goodies. In the 70's you could leave school at 16 with absolutely no qualifications and walk in to a decent paying job. If you didn't like it you could walk out of that decent paying job and into another one just down the road. Today this town has nothing but charity shops (places where you take your unwanted clothes and books and give them away to be sold by the shop, and the money goes to one charity or another) and takeaways food places run exclusively by immigrants. The roads are diabolical and full of holes. The pavements are shocking - Africa has better zones for pedestrian walking. At least Africa just has flat sand. My town has pavements that are uneven and dip on one side, meaning when it snows or is icy you have to walk on the road or break your neck walking on the pavements. Everybody here is on welfare. At least if you're on welfare you don't have to pay rent and council tax. If you get a job it'll be a minimum wage job delivering food for the immigrant takeaway places, and 80% of your wages will immediately be spent on outrageously high rent and council tax, leaving you with not enough money to actually... you know... live.

The EU didn't cause any of these problems, but neither has the EU fixed any of them, so people like me from towns like mine voted leave because we'll take ANY change we can get. ANY change at all, we'll take it, because things up here really can't get any worse than they already are. May as well take a chance on MAYBE something will change for the better.

Second big reason - all over Europe there is massive amounts of third world immigration, and they're not integrating. They're raping and pillaging. And anybody who complains gets branded a far right racist. EU policy seems to be "Bring in more immigrants, forget about the rising crime and traditional way of life being replaced, just bring in more more more".

So yeah, fuck the EU. Done nothing for me and mine.
Daveypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #32
Paul Parnitzke
LiveLeaker

Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!Paul Parnitzke is a forum GOD!!
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Default By their fruits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveypoo View Post
Instead of "experts" writing articles on why people voted to leave, articles which are based on THEIR opinions, their observations and so forth, they could just ask a bunch of people who voted to leave... like me.

I live in a town in the north-west of England that used to be an industrial powerhouse. We have running through our town the very first train track in the entire history of humankind, and on it ran the very first train. This whole town was built to house workers in factories building trains and other industrial goodies. In the 70's you could leave school at 16 with absolutely no qualifications and walk in to a decent paying job. If you didn't like it you could walk out of that decent paying job and into another one just down the road. Today this town has nothing but charity shops (places where you take your unwanted clothes and books and give them away to be sold by the shop, and the money goes to one charity or another) and takeaways food places run exclusively by immigrants. The roads are diabolical and full of holes. The pavements are shocking - Africa has better zones for pedestrian walking. At least Africa just has flat sand. My town has pavements that are uneven and dip on one side, meaning when it snows or is icy you have to walk on the road or break your neck walking on the pavements. Everybody here is on welfare. At least if you're on welfare you don't have to pay rent and council tax. If you get a job it'll be a minimum wage job delivering food for the immigrant takeaway places, and 80% of your wages will immediately be spent on outrageously high rent and council tax, leaving you with not enough money to actually... you know... live.

The EU didn't cause any of these problems, but neither has the EU fixed any of them, so people like me from towns like mine voted leave because we'll take ANY change we can get. ANY change at all, we'll take it, because things up here really can't get any worse than they already are. May as well take a chance on MAYBE something will change for the better.

Second big reason - all over Europe there is massive amounts of third world immigration, and they're not integrating. They're raping and pillaging. And anybody who complains gets branded a far right racist. EU policy seems to be "Bring in more immigrants, forget about the rising crime and traditional way of life being replaced, just bring in more more more".

So yeah, fuck the EU. Done nothing for me and mine.
...yea shall know them!
That is what in store for the USA and the entire West unless the tyranny of the global Money Masters is overthrown.
Otherwise, enjoy your continued slavery, degradation, dispossession, and eventual genocide by their hands.
Paul Parnitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:00 AM   #33
peekay
# No To Newco

peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!
Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
My town voted 69% out with an 85% voter turnout.
My entire country voted 62% remain but that doesn't seem to matter a fuck. Indeed, your country has proceeded to steal my country's fishing grounds rights from it in preparation to flog them off for City of London passporting.

Quote:
1. Mass immigration(equivalent to a new large city appearing every year) without investment in the necessary infrastructure to handle such numbers. No new schools, not enough new houses, an already under pressure health service, with huge cuts to public services from 2009 onwards. All compounding not so serious issues into VERY serious(life and death) issues
Ever think that might be down to a Tory government. Massive under investment is their thing. They starve state run organisations of finance so they look broken to the general public, a current example would be the English NHS, then proceed to flog them off cheaply to the private sector with promises of the private sector fixing things

Quote:
2. Terrible eu leadership leading upto the vote. Southern european eu members with record unemployment and facing fiscal ruin without huge bailouts. And merkels famous invitation to millions of 3rd worlders that lead to sights never seen before in the history of europe.
And remind me about the UKs bailouts! 500bil from good ol' Uncle Sams taxpayers last time I checked.

Quote:
3. Zero uk representation in european parliament.
LOL, WUT, spoken like a true brexiteer. Not only does the UK have a higher than per capita MEP representation to the EU than other member states the EU has bent over fucking backwards to please the UK for 40 years. Most of the stuff Brexiteers shouted about, TAFTA being the contemporary one, was being pushed by the UK. The rest of the EU was highly apprehensive. Probably why the EU has stalled the talks and UK is now going to be handed it's TAFTA on a plate by Mr Trump.

Quote:
Why stay in a club where youre not wanted right? Where the power is controlled by a very specific coalition, the epp, and no change in sight.
Indeed, we agree on something!

Quote:
4. The german exploitation of eu low wage zones(poland, romania etc), that benefited only germany.
Yeah, because car manufacturers in Sunderland haven't been exploiting E.Europe parts manufacturing. Why do you think the 1st thing the English PM did was offer succour to those manufacturers?

Quote:
5. Freedom of movement is a bust when it brings increased crime. Which it has.
Yeah, I'm just positive a.ll the locals in all those European hotspots are over the moon with drunken English arseholes puking, pissing and fighting on their streets.

Quote:
I totally get why people living in ivory towers would vote remain, and why they would write pretentious articles about stuff they obviously know nothing or very little about, personally.
No, no you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't be pulling up the drawbridge behind you on your kids being able to freely live, work, get educated and fall in love all over Europe in the same way you had that opportunity!

So, how many of these lies did you actually belive?
https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/
Old 01-27-2018, 02:21 AM   #34
peekay
# No To Newco

peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!peekay is a forum GOD!!
Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100 Points: 371,432,618, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Agreed. Everything has a healthy limit, including capitalism. There is a place for regulation and state functions, and regulating the private management of the resources which are vital to the public is appropriate to prevent abuses. The idea that a corporation/'person' whose sole responsibility is to maximize stockholder profits will always produce the best possible product at the lowest possible price with the least collateral environmental/social/moral/physical damage (i.e. the "invisible hand of the marketplace") is a myth, as instance after instance of unrestrained, single minded corporate/government greed has shown....
Quote:
Poisonous pet food, milk, and children's toys from China, R.J Reynolds' tobacco dissembling, the Love Canal catching fire, Chernobyl and Fukushima, DDT, the slave trade, England's 'opium trade' in China, Spain's silver mines in South America, .....Even The Rain.
Not too sure where you're attempting to go with them ERB. They're a bit vague and a bit too wide ranging to be fair over a simple discussion over the pros'n'cons of neo-liberal capitalism
Old 01-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #35
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekay View Post
Not too sure where you're attempting to go with them ERB. They're a bit vague and a bit too wide ranging to be fair over a simple discussion over the pros'n'cons of neo-liberal capitalism
If one is going to 'be fair' while discussing wide ranging topics such as Brexit, nationalism vs neo-liberal collectivist governmental schemes, the pros and cons of laissez-faire capitalism, and the current UK power politics viz Welsh, Scots, and English sovereignty, the comments are going to have to be open ended and wide ranging. Eh? Social topics are always 'vague' and less than straightforward the closer one looks at them, as opposed to the hard sciences...
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #36
snipershot
LiveLeaker

snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!snipershot is a forum GOD!!
Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100 Points: 675,981,438, Level: 100
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekay View Post
My entire country voted 62% remain but that doesn't seem to matter a fuck.
Indeed, your country has proceeded to steal my country's fishing grounds rights from it in preparation to flog them off for City of London passporting.
The *UK* voted into the common market, the *UK* voted out. So yea, scotlands vote means NOTHING on its own. Only the result mattered. Just like only the result mattered for the independence vote. And yea, you were on the losing side of that too.

FYI the waters off scotland are BRITISH waters while the union exists. You have a source for this "passporting" of fishing rights?

You should be thankful you dont live in the areas hardest hit by mass immigration. But on the other hand, what the fuck do you know about mass immigration in scotland? Absolutely fucking nothing.

3million scots voted in the brexit, 1 million voted leave. Thank fuck there are 1 million scots that have a clue.

Rest of the stuff you wrote is tripe. Just admit you dont have a clue how the european parliament works.