Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Special Interest Forums > All Special Interest Topics > Religion and spirituality

Old 04-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #31
gswifty
Full Steam Ahead

gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!
Points: 965,420,461, Level: 100 Points: 965,420,461, Level: 100 Points: 965,420,461, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjo View Post
I'm generalising on a planetary scale, which is how any space travelling species will have to have progressed.
As for the Native Americans and any indigenous peoples, they were too slow and got overtaken by us, that's you as well, the Europeans, they didn't have a chance to progress to industrialisation...if they would have ever reached that level.
Wow. For someone who claims to have read Quinn you sure didn't understand him.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:35 AM   #32
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gswifty View Post
Wow. For someone who claims to have read Quinn you sure didn't understand him.
My opinion on this has nothing to do with Quinn, I don't form my opinions based on one source, but just for you, the takers have all but assimilated the leavers here, and any planet that goes through industrialisation (which they must to develop space travel) will do so because they have become takers.

I'm not sure you understood the book yourself, look on the Native Americans as Abel to Europe's Cain.

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by seanjo; 04-16-2016 at 08:44 AM.
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #33
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!seanjo is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,583,409, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I agree but do not think us hardwired to create those mythologies.

Regards
DL
I think telling stories is a part of us, yes.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #34
gswifty
Full Steam Ahead

gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!gswifty is a forum GOD!!
Points: 965,420,461, Level: 100 Points: 965,420,461, Level: 100 Points: 965,420,461, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Quote:
My opinion on this has nothing to do with Quinn, I don't form my opinions based on one source, but just for you, the takers have all but assimilated the leavers here, and any planet that goes through industrialisation (which they must to develop space travel) will do so because they have become takers.

I'm not sure you understood the book yourself, look on the Native Americans as Abel to Europe's Cain.
There it is. The takers assimilated the leavers. They did this by totalitarian agriculture. That is why man was thrown out of the garden and that is why God rejected Cains gift. Here is another source:

Matthew 6:26-34New King James Version (NKJV)

Quote:
26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Last edited by gswifty; 04-16-2016 at 10:09 AM.
gswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #35
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
wait a minute I wasn't aware I believed in any multi-life aspect
dude I'm only slightly evolved from that first rock ape pondering his own mortality,
just smart enough to realize that pondering my own mortality is a profitless exercise
regards
I did not speak to your belief in a multi-life.

I spoke to your belief that we are hard wired with the idea that we can defeat death.

"the idea that we we can defeat death is hard wired into us from the time the first rock ape considered his mortality"

The above is why I gave you the link to show how we are hard wired not to believe the idea you said was hard wired into us.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #36
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!Greatest I am is a forum GOD!!
Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100 Points: 13,321,730, Level: 100

Quote:
I think telling stories is a part of us, yes.
I and Socrates agree. All we are, deep down, are creatures interested in two basic concepts. Bread and circuses is how Socrates put it. Story telling is a part of our circuses.

Regards
DL
Old 04-16-2016, 09:21 PM   #37
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
There it is. The takers assimilated the leavers. They did this by totalitarian agriculture. That is why man was thrown out of the garden and that is why God rejected Cains gift. Here is another source:

Jews had to settle down or die.

Joseph Campbell said that because of their nomadic ways, the Jews were considered by their neighbours to be thieves and murderers.

They chose a better and safer way of life.

Check this link at about the 5 min. mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc2Y...542ihA7hi2El5g

Regards
DL
Old 04-17-2016, 07:52 AM   #38
seanjo
Spunking Fucknuts!

Quote:

Totalitarian agriculture? People turned to agriculture because it was a steadier more reliable way of life.

It is responsible for the exponential growth of Mankind, a growth we either get a hold of and control, or nature will.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-17-2016, 04:07 PM   #39
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I did not speak to your belief in a multi-life.

I spoke to your belief that we are hard wired with the idea that we can defeat death.

"the idea that we we can defeat death is hard wired into us from the time the first rock ape considered his mortality"

The above is why I gave you the link to show how we are hard wired not to believe the idea you said was hard wired into us.

Regards
DL
ok, it was the wording
I watched your link and to my way of thinking all it proves is that we are also hardwired a social, cooperative species
ie, there are good guys and bad, the bad guys are the other, the foreigner, the dirty muslum, jew, manchester supporter
If we ever want to make life after death we need to be loyal to our tribal brethren (the nice puppets in your video) and their taboos
but by all means carry on with your search for the infinite from your perspective in the finite

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
Old 04-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #40
Greatest I am
LiveLeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
ok, it was the wording
I watched your link and to my way of thinking all it proves is that we are also hardwired a social, cooperative species
ie, there are good guys and bad, the bad guys are the other, the foreigner, the dirty muslum, jew, manchester supporter
If we ever want to make life after death we need to be loyal to our tribal brethren (the nice puppets in your video) and their taboos
but by all means carry on with your search for the infinite from your perspective in the finite
We Gnostic Christians push for learning what reality is all about and continue to think as the ancients did about the infinite and a supernatural God. We strive to get out of Socrates' cave scenario.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Regards
DL