Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > Politics and Society > Rest of The World

Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 AM   #11
BurntBulb
LiveLeaker

BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!BurntBulb is a forum GOD!!
Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100 Points: 189,382,041, Level: 100
Activity: 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%

Glad it was relatively peaceful this year.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #12
ericredbeard
grotesque&incomprehensibl

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100
Activity: 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptoman View Post
Because it's pointless pandering
So what if it's the only place in the ME
It's also the only non Muslim majority in the ME
Propped up by politically powerful CHRISTIANS
Who believe Christian prophecy will be fulfilled there
Israel would be kind of stupid to kill off the Goose providing the golden eggs now wouldn't it
Speaking of stupid, care to try an Easter celebration in Gaza? Because is't all about money, right?

"Since the establishment of limited Palestinian self-rule in the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the mid-1990s, the U.S. government has committed approximately $5 billion in bilateral assistance to the Palestinians, who are among the world's largest per capita recipients of international foreign aid.
http://israelipalestinian.procon.org...stionID=000592
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
ericredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #13
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
Speaking of stupid, care to try an Easter celebration in Gaza? Because is't all about money, right?

"Since the establishment of limited Palestinian self-rule in the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the mid-1990s, the U.S. government has committed approximately $5 billion in bilateral assistance to the Palestinians, who are among the world's largest per capita recipients of international foreign aid.
http://israelipalestinian.procon.org...stionID=000592
I understand and take your point
My point is that there is no pride to be taken by a highly developed nation of educated ethical people in not persecuting benign religious ceremonies
Especially when the religious practitioners are so beneficial

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
Old 04-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #14
Yorkie
LiveLeaker

Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!Yorkie is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,851, Level: 100
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
no ... Aryans eat pickled eggs in dive bars and bang skanks ...

I hope your kids had a nice Easter ... and hopefully had interaction with a real father type figure while the real Dad is exploring his selfish behavior ...

you are an embarrassment to real fathers ...
Hahahaha smash his eggs why don't you?

True though. He is a sofa surfer dad

What are you? Fucking high!? Chill out dude.~SgtRock
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:23 AM   #15
ericredbeard

ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!ericredbeard is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100 Points: 1,368,979,402, Level: 100

Quote:
I understand and take your point
My point is that there is no pride to be taken by a highly developed nation of educated ethical people in not persecuting benign religious ceremonies
Especially when the religious practitioners are so beneficial
There is no pride to be taken in celebrating your nation's diversity? Why not? Isn't diversity something to be celebrated? Why isn't tolerance something to be recognized and honored? Why are Israel's multicultural values supposed to be taken for granted, while we take Islam's intolerance, xenophobia, misogyny, and its persecution of religious minorities for granted as well?

Explain and defend your "no pride" assertion. Why should worthy values and worthy actions be taken for granted?
--- Proximo, Gladiator
"...and I have an angry mob, that will roast and eat your 'men of quality' in the ashes of the Senate House" --- Marc Antony, HBO's ROME
Old 04-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #16
adaptoman
Deminished responsibility

adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!adaptoman is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,494,098, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericredbeard View Post
There is no pride to be taken in celebrating your nation's diversity? Why not? Isn't diversity something to be celebrated? Why isn't tolerance something to be recognized and honored? Why are Israel's multicultural values supposed to be taken for granted, while we take Islam's intolerance, xenophobia, misogyny, and its persecution of religious minorities for granted as well?

Explain and defend your "no pride" assertion. Why should worthy values and worthy actions be taken for granted?
Because allowing a peaceful religious celebration to take place is a default situation
It is the expected norm, I don't see that there are any browny points to be had for refraining from religious persecution, only condemnation for practicing it
I will not give praise for the fact that a man make it thru life without steeling from his peers, I expect ethical behavior to be his standard and to adhere to his principles for their own sake

"You don't understand what the word "climate" means. It's got nothing to do with the sun you dingdong." Inevitab1e
Old 04-22-2017, 03:29 AM   #17
ericredbeard

Quote:
Because allowing a peaceful religious celebration to take place is a default situation
It is the expected norm, I don't see that there are any browny points to be had for refraining from religious persecution, only condemnation for practicing it
I will not give praise for the fact that a man make it thru life without steeling from his peers, I expect ethical behavior to be his standard and to adhere to his principles for their own sake
"Default situations" vary from region to region. Your default isn't everyone's. Taking time to affirm that we and certain other countries are on the right track is entirely appropriate. Otherwise people start taking positive practices for granted. And that's the first step in letting them slip into negative practices.
--- Proximo, Gladiator