Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Afghanistan

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 AM   #21
Hugshug
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NZ Wellington
Posts: 20
Hugshug is in the balance
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
I watched a newscast yesterday that said our Canadian cousins are threatening to pull out of Afghanistan unless there is a deployment of an additional 1000 troops from the other coalition forces. Where the hell are our other "allies" or other NATO troops? I know the British are there in strength, but what of the Germans, French et al ?
We in New Zealand could send some more sheep, but only if Canada accepts to pay for them. But we're stretching our Military a little thin at the moment. We have a total of 6 battalions. But they are a 1/3 troop levels because of...well lets face it under funding, bad pay levels and not enough sheep for RNR in our armed forces. The reason for the lack of sheep comes down to he high international price of lamb. The Army simply cannot compete for sheep in an open international market. It was a choice between upgrading weapons and equipment, or paying soldiers more and other "inticements" to stay. The Army decided to go with the Equipment, because at least it wasn't going to leave, hell well probably still have it in 50 years.
Hugshug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #22
Sportster
Incontenant LiveLeaker
 
Sportster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,096
Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!
Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100
Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugshug View Post
We in New Zealand could send some more sheep, but only if Canada accepts to pay for them. But we're stretching our Military a little thin at the moment. We have a total of 6 battalions. But they are a 1/3 troop levels because of...well lets face it under funding, bad pay levels and not enough sheep for RNR in our armed forces. The reason for the lack of sheep comes down to he high international price of lamb. The Army simply cannot compete for sheep in an open international market. It was a choice between upgrading weapons and equipment, or paying soldiers more and other "inticements" to stay. The Army decided to go with the Equipment, because at least it wasn't going to leave, hell well probably still have it in 50 years.
We'll keep an eye out for ewe
Sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #23
Hugshug
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NZ Wellington
Posts: 20
Hugshug is in the balance
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
We'll keep an eye out for ewe
Good news, we have apparently found 18 soldiers who were not busy with RNR. We'll be sending them ASAP.

BTW this is actually true. wow. Our Prime Minister sounded impressed by this.
I would be more impressed if she did something about the military budget. FFS.
Hugshug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #24
Sportster
Incontenant LiveLeaker
 
Sportster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,096
Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!Sportster is a forum GOD!!
Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100
Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100 Points: 614,189,692, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugshug View Post
Good news, we have apparently found 18 soldiers who were not busy with RNR. We'll be sending them ASAP.

BTW this is actually true. wow. Our Prime Minister sounded impressed by this.
I would be more impressed if she did something about the military budget. FFS.
Those 18 wouldn't happen to be newly arrived Asians, would they?
Sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #25
Worldeater
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NL
Posts: 145
Worldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 9,589, Level: 14
Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Default

If you look at the citizens per country, GB and Netherlands do the biggest share of all countries...where are you Germany and France?
__________________
I don't want to believe. I want to know. (Carl Sagan)
Worldeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #26
rsd79
Liveleakanuck
 
rsd79's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CA Rimbey
Posts: 564
rsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addictionrsd79 On the road to addiction
Points: 7,642, Level: 12
Points: 7,642, Level: 12 Points: 7,642, Level: 12 Points: 7,642, Level: 12
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurryBigfoot View Post
Top ten unreported facts of Canada's involvement in Afghanistan

FACT #4: AFGHAN WARLORDS CONSIDERED A BIGGER THREAT TO AFGHANISTAN'S SECURITY THAN THE TALIBAN
Fact 4 is the one that strikes me the most. NATO troops are working with the warlords to help fight the Taliban. Yet, the warlords are just as corrupt.
__________________
Go Habs Go!
rsd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:26 AM   #27
Hugshug
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NZ Wellington
Posts: 20
Hugshug is in the balance
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
Those 18 wouldn't happen to be newly arrived Asians, would they?
Probably not. They want higher paid jobs or the dole. We only just had our first asian join the police, but remember the police are paid better than the Army. Private Soldiers start on NZ$25,800, Police start on NZ$47,600. Which BTW higher than Lieutenant($43,200) or Sergeant($46,800).
Hugshug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 AM   #28
LoPull
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: US Fort Worth
Posts: 0
LoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balance
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
I watched a newscast yesterday that said our Canadian cousins are threatening to pull out of Afghanistan unless there is a deployment of an additional 1000 troops from the other coalition forces. Where the hell are our other "allies" or other NATO troops? I know the British are there in strength, but what of the Germans, French et al ?
I do NOT believe that the Brits are i Afghanistan in strength...and in fact, until the recent Mehdi Army fight in Basra...they were prepared to remove the vast majority of their "combat contingent" in Iraq....as far as the Germans go...I think they have a diminished combat capacity in Afghanistan (not like they had at first and in Bosnia with the NATO guys). The French...have they ACTUALLY been in Iraq since the invasion??
LoPull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #29
Camreporter
LiveLeaker
 
Camreporter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,012
Camreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerCamreporter is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker
Points: 77,944, Level: 39
Points: 77,944, Level: 39 Points: 77,944, Level: 39 Points: 77,944, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldeater View Post
If you look at the citizens per country, GB and Netherlands do the biggest share of all countries...where are you Germany and France?
That's not true.
NL has 1730 soldiers in Afghanistan out of 16 million peeps.
GB has 7750 out of 50 million people.

Denmark has 780 soldiers out of 5 million peeps.

You do the math
Camreporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #30
Worldeater
LiveLeaker
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NL
Posts: 145
Worldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeakerWorldeater is a popular LiveLeaker
Points: 9,589, Level: 14
Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camreporter View Post
That's not true.
NL has 1730 soldiers in Afghanistan out of 16 million peeps.
GB has 7750 out of 50 million people.

Denmark has 780 soldiers out of 5 million peeps.

You do the math
Fair enough using the updated numbers from Wikipedia (as of April 2008), but our KCT special forces aren't included in those numbers...we had more than 1900 during 2007 when Denmark had somewhere in the 600s...

So sorry I didn't mention your country, looks like GB, NL and Denmark contribute the most concerning citizens per country. I might have missed out on some smaller countries.

Thanks for correcting me

PS: GB has about 60 million citizens as far as I know, and Denmark about 5.5 million!?
__________________
I don't want to believe. I want to know. (Carl Sagan)

Last edited by Worldeater; 04-07-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Worldeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 AM.