Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Afghanistan

Old 04-14-2008, 01:50 AM   #21
freeman24
I C U

freeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legend
Points: 307,774, Level: 78 Points: 307,774, Level: 78 Points: 307,774, Level: 78
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attention_Paid View Post
The Talibans war has picked up since mid 2005 and will probably continue to do so. If Afghanistan was as united as they were against the Soviets, America and the international forces wouldnt stand a chance at securing Afghanistan, and they're losses would be far far higher.

The resentment against foreign forces in Afghanistan is rising and will lead to more and more people taking up arms against the occupiers.
it won't happen buddy, if you think otherwise , that's fine. but you should realize that with all the different factions involved in this war, and the fact that the northern alliance fight against the taliban....well like i said ....it won't happen.
freeman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #22
USroguestate
LiveLeaker

USroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addiction
Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPull View Post
No actually...had YOU ever been to Afghanistan and seen the fighting you'd KNOW...EVERYTIME the Taliban have a straightup "gun fight" (NO air cover, NO arty) the get their asses handed to them by the Americans AND the Dutch and Canadians. When the coalition DOES use "combined arms" it is not only an ass kicking...but they usually kill or capture ALL of the attackers.

It's ONE THING to do hit and run and try to intimidate...it's another to have a REAL fight where "force of arms" KILLS over 150 in EVERY major engagement. Add to that the numbers of Muj fighters and Taliban killed or captured by ANA and the Coalition daily...and there is a constant drum beat of silly boys and old men coming from Waziristan and Pakistan to be Shaheed after suffering from too much exposure, not enough food or training. It has been the lies told to the Pakistanis by the Taliban recruiters (THE BEST ONE, the Afghans are NOT Muslims) that keep them coming. But as more and more DO NOT COME HOME and the TALIBAN DO NOT follow up on the promises to "help the families" the fewer and fewer "fresh and untrained" (and killed in their first engagement) fighters there will be for the "hard core" Taliban to throw into battle. Those Taliban, BTW, live a relative comfortable life in Pakistan FAR from the fighting and any chance that THEY might actually be injured or killed. Allah works in mysterious ways. Those who send young Brothers to be Shaheed are to fearful of loosing their own lives to join them at the front! What hypocrisy, what cowardice!! Insh'Allah! The FACE of the REAL Mujahadeen.
LOL.... I am sure they are Lopul.... but they have got some big balls I will give them that
Old 04-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #23
LoPull
LiveLeaker

LoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by USroguestate View Post
LOL.... I am sure they are Lopul.... but they have got some big balls I will give them that
I don't think it's "big balls"...I think it's SMALL brains. These are the same people that wrapped the warheads on their RPG's with electrical tape to defeat the "Ameican Forcefields around their vehicles"...and the same people angry that the Americans could "see through their women's burkas with their X-ray glasses". I think that the Taliban and al Qaeda recruiters do a fine job on telling these young men how much support they'll have, how weak the Americans, Canadians and Dutch are, and how well their families will be provided for...right up until the first engagement where they suffer 85% casualties...then...it's a lot less fun. And when they are shaheed...their families get nothing. Balls..if you meant "executing an attack they KNEW would fail...NOPE ...no balls...IF they bought into the Talibans BS...Ball, maybe for the first minute...after that...they'll walk back home...if they can.

Here's a clip that shows what I'm talking about...these young guys do the "sandbox" map thing, talk about tactics, listen to the "old fat guy" extoll them to fight...and they believe it because.... they're just not that bright (plus young and gullible). After the FIRST 15 seconds of the engagement...they are no longer trying to fight, (including the dead camera guy) they are trying to escape (which would be total;ly unnecessary IF they were prepared to "fight till the death", be shaheed, and become a martyr, like all good mujahadeen are).

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4874c4c375
LoPull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #24
Attention_Paid
LiveLeaker

Attention_Paid is in the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman24 View Post
it won't happen buddy, if you think otherwise , that's fine. but you should realize that with all the different factions involved in this war, and the fact that the northern alliance fight against the taliban....well like i said ....it won't happen.
Im sure the Soviets, with their comparitive military might at that time, must have fancied their chances. After all, it wasnt that too different a situation to now, with a government that was allied with the Soviets fighting alongside them against the resistance.

Alliances change all too easy in Afghanistan.
Attention_Paid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 AM   #25
LoPull
LiveLeaker

LoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balanceLoPull is in the balance

Quote:
Im sure the Soviets, with their comparitive military might at that time, must have fancied their chances. After all, it wasnt that too different a situation to now, with a government that was allied with the Soviets fighting alongside them against the resistance.

And of course you'd know having been there twice in the last five years...so tell us how you got there (not by air as you intimated)....and who allowed you in.
LoPull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #26
USroguestate
LiveLeaker

USroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addictionUSroguestate On the road to addiction
Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11 Points: 6,276, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPull View Post
I don't think it's "big balls"...I think it's SMALL brains. These are the same people that wrapped the warheads on their RPG's with electrical tape to defeat the "Ameican Forcefields around their vehicles"...and the same people angry that the Americans could "see through their women's burkas with their X-ray glasses". I think that the Taliban and al Qaeda recruiters do a fine job on telling these young men how much support they'll have, how weak the Americans, Canadians and Dutch are, and how well their families will be provided for...right up until the first engagement where they suffer 85% casualties...then...it's a lot less fun. And when they are shaheed...their families get nothing. Balls..if you meant "executing an attack they KNEW would fail...NOPE ...no balls...IF they bought into the Talibans BS...Ball, maybe for the first minute...after that...they'll walk back home...if they can.

Here's a clip that shows what I'm talking about...these young guys do the "sandbox" map thing, talk about tactics, listen to the "old fat guy" extoll them to fight...and they believe it because.... they're just not that bright (plus young and gullible). After the FIRST 15 seconds of the engagement...they are no longer trying to fight, (including the dead camera guy) they are trying to escape (which would be total;ly unnecessary IF they were prepared to "fight till the death", be shaheed, and become a martyr, like all good mujahadeen are).

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4874c4c375
Well at least they are defending their country..... Who is the US defending in Afghanistan???
Old 04-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #27
freeman24
I C U

freeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legendfreeman24 practically a forum legend
Points: 307,774, Level: 78 Points: 307,774, Level: 78 Points: 307,774, Level: 78
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Quote:

you can't compare russia to the states.....that's like comparing apples to oranges....the states and those that helped accomplished more in a few months than russia did the whole 10 yrs. they were there.
freeman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #28
Truthsux

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman24 View Post
you can't compare russia to the states.....that's like comparing apples to oranges....the states and those that helped accomplished more in a few months than russia did the whole 10 yrs. they were there.
Achievement???

In what respect?

If you are talking about Military achievement? Then you must hear this. -Russia entered Kabul on foot without the help of any in jsut 12 hours.

-America didn't have the guts to venture with its soldiers on the ground beside their extensive and intensive air assault which lasted many weeks. They had to pay the war lords to sweep the ground for them while they (the Americans) keep supporting them from high up in the sky.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #29
Sierratango69
Just Me...

Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!Sierratango69 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 4,511,358, Level: 100 Points: 4,511,358, Level: 100 Points: 4,511,358, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthsux View Post
Achievement???

In what respect?

If you are talking about Military achievement? Then you must hear this. -Russia entered Kabul on foot without the help of any in jsut 12 hours.

-America didn't have the guts to venture with its soldiers on the ground beside their extensive and intensive air assault which lasted many weeks. They had to pay the war lords to sweep the ground for them while they (the Americans) keep supporting them from high up in the sky.
It's not about guts mate, it's about lives.

Saved a hell lot more lives than walking in like the Ruskies did!
Sierratango69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #30
Truthsux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierratango69 View Post
It's not about guts mate, it's about lives.

Saved a hell lot more lives than walking in like the Ruskies did!
I uderstand, and it's very decent thing to do.... But what about the Afgahns lives?