Liveleak Forums  

Go Back   Liveleak Forums > War and military actions. > All War And Military Action Topics > Afghanistan

Old 05-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Angryhalfling
LiveLeaker

Angryhalfling is in the balance
Default Poppy fields - burn the lot?

I was wondering if anybody could clearly explain why we dont just fry these death bringing lettuce patches instead of pandering to this "its their main income" rubbish. If they can grow these surely their fields and waddies are fertile enough grow enough foodstuffs to keep them living comfortably, on these news feeds from afganistan i see goats, sheep, cattle grazing all over the damn place too.

Surely its the taliban making big bucks out of it and bringing far more chaos to europe through important heroin and the misery it brings to so many neighbourhoods and cities, most the Afgan farmers are rural people living simple peasant lifestyles? Sorry if im wrong about this but i dont see many 4x4 and mercedes benz parked up in their century old compounds.

Just i feel very strongly that tackling the opium trade hence their income is the main way to break the taliban in Afganistan?
Angryhalfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
matt_swinburne
LiveLeaker

matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!matt_swinburne is a forum GOD!!
Points: 2,963,849, Level: 100 Points: 2,963,849, Level: 100 Points: 2,963,849, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Because dont you wonder who the taliban sell to? And who profits from the illegal drug trade? Or just whether or not our politicians really want to get rid of hardcore drugs? Personally I dont think they do
matt_swinburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
widdy1
LiveLeaker

widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!widdy1 is a forum GOD!!
Points: 210,269,206, Level: 100 Points: 210,269,206, Level: 100 Points: 210,269,206, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

I think we could stop the trade if we really put the resources together but we would have to pay the farmers a lot of cash or risk them siding with the taliban.
widdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Angryhalfling
LiveLeaker

Angryhalfling is in the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy1 View Post
I think we could stop the trade if we really put the resources together but we would have to pay the farmers a lot of cash or risk them siding with the taliban.
I agree, though thing is the yield has increased +90% since the Taliban lost power, so many they were doing something right

Just they were interviewing soldiers on the front line on TV and they said that they felt tackling the opium trade was the key to success over there.
Angryhalfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
czechmate67
LiveLeaker

czechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addictionczechmate67 On the road to addiction

Poppies are a weed they cost zero to grow and will grow on the worst soil -I'm a gardener by profession and know wot of which I speak. You can't curb production, because even if you killed all the farmers in Afghistan production would just return to the golden traingle or maybe china or mongolia or any other hard to govern hell hole. You need instead to curb demand in the west. That should be done be prescribing Heroin to smackhead scum, thus seperating them from the dealers -you won't cure the parasitic fuckwits but that rarely happens anyway.

BTW this won't happen because western governments do not have the Cojones required.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
what you must be mistaken
LiveLeaker

what you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeakerwhat you must be mistaken is a REALLY well liked LiveLeaker
Points: 81,980, Level: 41 Points: 81,980, Level: 41 Points: 81,980, Level: 41
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ole President Karzai's brother is a major drug lord in Afghanistan...

Drinking beer dont make you fat it makes you lean.......against bars, tables, chairs, poles..
what you must be mistaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
Grassroots247
LiveLeaker

Grassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeakerGrassroots247 is a popular LiveLeaker

We can't go and destroy their livelihood and how they raise their families because we got a bunch of jacked up dopeheads living here in the states.......drastically limit the amount of drugs that enter the country, it's really the only way to make a drastic change. IMHO.
Grassroots247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
Liveleakss
LiveLeaker

Liveleakss is in the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryhalfling View Post
I was wondering if anybody could clearly explain why we dont just fry these death bringing lettuce patches instead of pandering to this "its their main income" rubbish. If they can grow these surely their fields and waddies are fertile enough grow enough foodstuffs to keep them living comfortably, on these news feeds from afganistan i see goats, sheep, cattle grazing all over the damn place too.

Surely its the taliban making big bucks out of it and bringing far more chaos to europe through important heroin and the misery it brings to so many neighbourhoods and cities, most the Afgan farmers are rural people living simple peasant lifestyles? Sorry if im wrong about this but i dont see many 4x4 and mercedes benz parked up in their century old compounds.

Just i feel very strongly that tackling the opium trade hence their income is the main way to break the taliban in Afganistan?
This question is litterally so moronic i don't even know where to start, Jeez:

1. Unless you want the whole of Afghanistan, a population which defeated the Soviet Union, not piss ants like the "Coalition of the Willing", siding with the Taliban, then No, don't burn the crops

2. Unless you will provide all the food, water, basic necessities, and luxuries for the entire 32,000,000 inhabitants of Afghanistan, then no, don't burn the crops

3. Point #2 is invalid because the Afghani people are strong and have a strong sense of honour so they wouldn't accept anything from a crusader such as yourself

4. Unless you want to finance out of your own little ruddy pocket the entire 32,000,000 population of Afghanistan, then DON'T burn their crops

5. Apply point #3 to point #4 (if you have the mental capacity to do so)
Liveleakss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
Chained
LiveLeaker

Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!Chained is a forum GOD!!
Points: 773,808,625, Level: 100 Points: 773,808,625, Level: 100 Points: 773,808,625, Level: 100
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Only way to change the drug flow is to legalize them, once legal we can start to grow our own crops, therefore reducing the power of drug lords and drug trafficking, which will reduce crime and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassroots247 View Post
We can't go and destroy their livelihood and how they raise their families because we got a bunch of jacked up dopeheads living here in the states.......drastically limit the amount of drugs that enter the country, it's really the only way to make a drastic change. IMHO.
Chained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
cvnenglish

Try this Angry, it may help clear that up a bit.

American Drug War:
http://tinyurl.com/5q8ut6